My wife, her sister, her boyfriend, and I stayed for five nights (we left for home on Dec. 24th to give you an idea of the season) at the Royal Service (includes all of the things the other two parts of the hotel has, as well as an exclusive pool, restaurant, and beach area). It was great. No, phenomenal! The service was ridiculously good; some of the best I have ever seen. The food was awesome (beware, however, of the room service...it was the only thing truly terrible - cold grill cheese, tasteless steak, etc.). In particular, Juan (the bartender at the Royal Service pool bar), Manuel (the Royal Service pool attendant), Eduardo (our butler...yes, Royal Service gets a butler), and Renau (the head waiter at La Palapa, the Royal Service restaurant) were awesome. Renau knew what I wanted by the second day, and I just had to sit down. Juan made great drinks, and treated my wife very, very well. They all knew our names shortly, and made an effort to talk to us no matter the time of day. We were also able to get a taxi service to Lahabna (where you get to zipline, snorkel in a cave, and swim in cenotes) and Tulum (Mayan ruins) that cost about 1600 pesos, or $160. The guy stuck with us the whole day, was really nice, and charged us virtually nothing for 8 hours. Seriously, it was heaven. The weather was great, and the beach and pool beds sweet. But the service sets it apart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico