“Playa del Carmen Perfecto”

Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Ranked #19 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Delta, Canada
“Playa del Carmen Perfecto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Last year we stayed at the Paradisus in Veradero, Cuba and loved it. This year we chose Paradisus La Perla and were not disappointed. Nice beach walk to the town center but you could just stay at this resort and relax. Evening shows, activities during the day and great restaurants to try ..... My only "complaint" was whiny kids in some of the "shared" specialty dinner restaurants (this resort has a children/family section of their own). Maybe a dinner hour separate for parents and children and a later dining time for adults only would solve the problem?
Kudos to Exhel (Market Restuarant) for his great service and to the waiter (also @ The Market) who mixed me up a remedy and suggested a morning Guava smoothie concoction for my "too-much-sun" hangover! It worked!
Otherwise a great experience and loved our stay!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any "bad" locations at this resort. I prefer peace & quiet...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robyn819
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all let me thank you for your loyalty to our Paradisus brand, as this was your 2nd Paradisus experience and we hope you will have a 3rd and a 4th and many more.

We are happy to know that your trip ended up with an unforgettable experience and your expectations from our resort were surpassed regarding the quality in beverages, facilities in general, food variety, and attentive service.

Regarding the schedule for families and adults at Bana restaurant (the only restaurant open for families at La Perla) the last schedule receiving kids is at 8:00pm. This means that after 9 you will not find any minor in the area.

Thank you for your valuable notes and please remember that Paradisus La Perla will have a suite ready for your future Caribbean getaway.

alan.becerril@melia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,814)
  • Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I went to the Paradisus La Perla Hotel to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and emailed Mariangelo Coppola Stheplen and explained this. When I arrived I also told reservation and the woman that made our arrangements for dinner. I was very disapointed not one person went out of there way and did anything special for us. Not even a happy anniversary. (On our 20th anniversary we went to the Excellence Hotel in Punta Cana and they put us at a very romatic table with rose peddles and champagne. ) I would never complain to tripadvisor other than my last day I was sitting with a young couple at the pool and they were celebrating their 10th anniversary. The hotel upgraded them to a one bedroom room. After reaching out through email I think they let the ball drop by not acknowledging our special event.

4 Thank Joyce J
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at Paradisus La Perla. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value all our guests' opinions.

As stated in other review´s responses, we really enjoy celebrating with our guests during a special occasion, whether it is a birthday, graduation, honeymoon or anniversary. We are deeply sorry to read that due a communication issue we were not able to succeed your expectations this time. We have sent your notes to different staff members that may receive direct emails from our clients in other to improve the communication between departments and avoid future inconveniences like the one you described.

I can assure you that if you give us another opportunity to host you, we will do our best to assure you will have a fantastic experience, besides the service and facilities you have experienced.

Evanston, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our trip was mostly good except that someone stole a silver necklace and a shirt from my luggage while it was in our room. The room was locked so I think it must have been a staff member. When I reported the theft, they had me speak with a security staff member who didn't speak English very well. I thought he told me to meet him in the room at 3pm. I waited for maybe 30 minutes and decided this was a terrible waste of my time. They then sent two security staff members who wanted to look through all my luggage to see if I had "misplaced" my necklace. I don't know why, but I agreed. They didn't find it and I had wasted even more time and had to watch people go through my things. There was no apology for the theft or our wasted time. I understand that maybe they don't want to admit that their staff might be stealing from guests but they could have told us that they were sorry that we were inconvenienced or that we had had problems. That is not admitting fault but would have been more polite. It left me feeling even more angry than before.

Except for this unfortunate event, we enjoyed the stay. The food was top notch. I loved the mexican place the best and my wife liked the latin food even more. The restaurant staff were so attentive and the bartenders were fantastic--especially the guy at the pool bar. The atmosphere is cool and modern. They might consider using less fragrance in the lobby. It smelled too strongly. Other than that it was fine.

So, I guess if you are lucky enough to not have things stolen, you'll have a great time. If management finds the thief and fires them and if they learn to be a bit nicer to guests who report problems it will be an even better place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jayhawk_fan08
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had the opportunity to spend a week at La Perla with my wife, and I'm glad to say it was an amazing experience. We had a great time, service was excellent and we enjoyed the variety of restaurants, amenities, and shows. The hotel staff was really helpful and kind, particularly Marcelino from The Market restaurant, and the whole staff from the Sunset Bar.
We'll definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family!

3 Thank FNoc
Dear guest,

It is pleasant for us to know that you enjoyed your stay at Paradisus La Perla and that you appreciated the friendliness and service of our staff. Especially the service provided at Sunset bar and by Marcelino at The Market. We will gladly pass on your compliments to them and we are sure that your notes will motivate them to continue with their great job.

We value your recommendation to future Paradisus tourist to stay with us and corroborate by themselves our Pure Freedom philosophy and service culture we transmit to all our guests.

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen. From the lobby to the pool area the architecture is so modern and gorgeous. Our room was completely over the top! Set up so well with his and her's closets, plenty of drawers, separate toilet, bathroom area with huge double shower with rain head and hand held sprayers, double sink and bathtub for 2. There is a separate sitting are with a lovely sofa, coffee table, 2 chairs and small dining table. Large balcony with spectacular view of the pool.

Everything is pristine and spotlessly clean.

The only drawback was that the food did not live up to the accommodations. It was good but not great. Hard to get something hot.

The service was excellent and the staff extremely kind and helpful.

2 Thank lemonpie13
Dear guest,

We are pleased to know that your overall experience was favorable with the comfort in your suite with all the equipment and furniture you have described, and of course with the entire well maintained facilities in general.

It would have been fantastic for us to read you also found special delicacies at our restaurants to satisfy your palate, considering the variety at our culinary tour, part of our LUXEclusive plan.
If you come back to the Mexican Caribbean, please consider staying again at Paradisus La Perla to pamper you the way you deserve.

southern ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

. As a senior travel industry so called expert I have stayed in too many southern resorts to even begin counting them.
This property takes first place for its category. The developers have addressed almost every imaginable need you could have and then some. Power outlets in the in room safe to charge devices under lock and key, no annoying towel cards, ugly wrist bands, and ridiculous wifi fees for less then desirable service.

Most staff is well trained in customer service and English. There is a "can do attitude" that is refreshing and actually works well.

Restaurant quality is above average no matter where you go with the freshest of food possible.

Accommodations are as good as it gets with plenty of drawer space, super comfortable bedding and amenities. Bathrooms, LED tv lots of lighting. The best of the best.

The la Perla is an adult only property but if your traveling with another couple with kids they can stay in the other half of the complex and you can all meet up at some of the restaurants and beach area for kids. Otherwise as an adult only you really enjoy the privacy often associated with adult only resorts.

Talking about beaches, long, narrow, sandy and beautiful for those for ever long walks we love to do. A few locals hardly any annoying local beach vendors.

So why not a perfect 10 ? House keeping was inconsistent in delivery.

Would we come back ? I don't want to leave lol.

1 Thank sunseeker2008_7
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your Paradisus La Perla experience with us and with future visitors.

We appreciate your kind words to refer to all the resort areas that impressed you during your stay. As you may have seen, we work very hard to maintain the areas in perfect conditions and the perfect ambiance to rest while vacationing at the Caribbean.

We are glad to know that being a frequent traveler you found at Paradisus La Perla a new place to relax, full with commodities, great quality in food and beverage, and of course, warm service.

Your notes regarding housekeeping service have been sent to the correspondent manager to improve the efficiency in the department.

Please consider to stay with us again in your future vacations by the amazing Mexican Caribbean.

Dumont, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and myself just returned from an excellent week at Paradisus La Perla. The hotel is first rate. The service, the food and amenities all were excellent. We really enjoyed dinner at La Palapa, so much so we ate there twice! However all the restuarants were excellent. The pool area was very relaxing. We had excellent service by the pool at the Sunset Grill. Our server Javier Juarez was wonderful, a true ambassador for this hotel. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and the hotel staff could not be more accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel you will not be disappointed at anything.

3 Thank Dasuds
Dear guest,

Celebrating special occasions with our guests is something we really enjoy because it would be an unforgettable experience, no doubt about it. Thank you for selecting Paradisus for your 25th wedding anniversary and for your recommendation to future visitors.

We feel proud that you found everything you were looking for: relaxation, fun, comfort, attention to details, and great food and beverage quality.

We would be honored if you decide to come back to Paradisus La Perla to celebrate one of many future anniversaries you will celebrate together.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#33 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,613 reviews
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#29 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,886 reviews
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#46 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#4 of 26 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,182 reviews

Been to Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla? Share your experiences!