We had a marvelous time. The resort was beautiful and immaculate, the food excellent, the people warm and engaging. We particularly liked Ivan and Adriana at Hadar, Luis in guest services, and Natalia at M Bar, but all staff were lovely. We enjoyed the town of Playa, as well as a visit to Puerto Moreles and the nearby Yaax Che botanical garden. We got a room upgrade to an "apartment," with balcony that had a jacuzzi, overlooking the beach. We've never had a more luxurious and comfortable room.
We were introduced to our concierge just after we arrived. This person was very warm and helpful, but tried to market Club Melia to us. We didn’t call the concierge again during our stay because we didn’t want to hear this pitch again.
One serious negative for us: There is music all over the place. It's hard to get away from. Sometimes it is low (in the M Bar, for instance), but sometimes intrusive, especially if you just want to relax and read or chat. You have to mentally screen it out. You can get away from it in your room, or on the beach, except: there were two nights of outside parties with rock-concert loud music, huge banks of speakers, which was intrusive and upsetting, even in the room with the doors closed, rendering the balcony unusable. We shouldn't have to use earplugs at such a marvelous resort.
The beach is fairly narrow at the resort, and the sea is a bit more ocean-like, versus the clear and fairly still waters of Grand Cayman, for instance. There are rocks which you can’t see just below the surface, so you have to be careful. You can still swim without a problem, though.
It’s unfortunate that the noise problem may prevent us from going back. Absent this issue, I’d rate the resort a 5. Most everything else was superb and an excellent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Prodigios Interactivos SA, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico