My husband and I stayed at this property Nov 12 - 17 to celebrate our anniversary. I'll start with our ONLY complaint about our stay. The service in every restaurant we experienced was incredibly slow and often times inept. At breakfast at Hadar we always had to wait to be served drinks, and rarely received a refill without asking for it. In Bana we waited in excess of twenty minutes for two glasses of wine, and when they were served, it was the wrong order. We had many other experiences like that in various restaurants (including La Palapa). Aside from the restaurant service, however, everything was spectacular.
Food and drinks were first rate. I never expected that quality of food from an all inclusive resort. They have pretty much any top shelf liquor you want (you just have to ask), and the most interesting food choices. I loved the fact that they also have 24 hour room service. Additionally, they tailor your minibar to your likes/wants, even bringing us a bottle of vodka (Absolute) for the room (this may only be Royal Service, I'm not sure).
Royal Service definitely was our favorite part of the resort. The RS pool was so tranquil and we loved the bali beds there. Our pool concierge would set it up every day when we arrived, and the one day we were a little late getting to the pool, they called us to let us know they had set up a bed for us! Karen, our butler, was AMAZING. Not only was she on top of our dinner reservations before we asked and offering her assistance at every turn, but she was proactive. One particular act impressed my husband and I to no end. On our anniversary, Karen and the executive chef brought us a treat to the bali bed while we were at the pool. It was a fruit parfait on a platter that said "Happy Anniversary". However, they stated that they knew my husband could not have sugar, so they prepared fruit instead of a cake. Both of us were stunned because neither of us had mentioned to anyone that my husband is diabetic. Later, my husband asked Karen how she knew, and she said it was because she saw his insulin in the refrigerator as she was replenishing the minibar. That is top rate service!! They also decorated our room with rose petals that night, fixed a bath for us and sent us champagne and strawberries.
We had a swim-up room, which we were leery of at first, but ended up loving. The jacuzzi on the patio was fantastic, and I loved having a sun bed right on the patio. The bed was so comfortable, and the bathroom was stunning. The only complaint we had, as I read in other reviews, is that the vanity area is very cramped with very little counter space. Otherwise, the room is superb. Also, please note that there is not a real fish tank in the junior suites.
The location is pretty good, located within ten minutes of the busy part of Fifth Avenue. However, as you are arriving (especially en route to the Royal Service lobby) you notice that the property is right next to a shady colonia. However, the resort itself is safe and gorgeous.
Overall, we had an amazing stay at this property. I would highly recommend it to anyone, and would especially suggest upgrading to Royal Service. It is totally worth it!
Overall we had an amazing stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico