10,834 results
All reviews royal service mole the grill south bar gabi club la palapa restaurant yhi spa swim up suite dinner reservations alfredo butler service guest services our honeymoon bali beds pool party all inclusive resort personal butler
Reviewed October 28, 2012

As a couple that has been to many All inclusive resorts in the past, I was extremely impressed with this resort. As soon as we entered the resort we were greeted with such friendliness. The check in process took slightly longer then expected but that was ok. Our room was lovely, it was decorated very chic and elegently. Not the run of the mill caribbean resort decor. The staff made it very easy to relax and feel your stress just melt away. The cabanas by the pool were just breath taking ( as long as you wake up early enough to get one). As someone who is an early bird and likes to hit the gym ( GYM is FAB) this was not a problem. I assume once the season gets busy, you will be less likely to get these amazing huts. The al la carte restaurants were wonderful. As someone who lives in NYC we have some great restaurants so we are rarely ever impressed when we get to these resorts but Paradisus def impressed us with the food. The quality of the food and the booze was grade A. The evening entertainment was alsodelightful and I eagerly looked forward to it. It was tasteful and a lot of fun. The only down fall of this place was that the beach was some what rocky and the water was unsteady. For a beach person calm clean water is important but with so many other fabulous things, I ended up not minding the beach. They do try to sell you time shares here and we saw that coming a mile away, we politely said we were not interested and they let us start our vacation. If you want a real relaxing vacation, time to enjoy with your Significant other and just pure stress free time then I recommend this place. We are looking how soon we can come back here again.

4  Thank olgita522
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your last stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen.

It is pleasant to know you had a wonderful time just relaxing on the different sitting areas around the resort. Those spaces were designed thinking about our guests´ need to rest, enjoy the warm weather, the Caribbean breeze, while they are pampered by our always smiling staff.

Every day more people get surprised and satisfied after experience our LUXExclusive plan. As its name says, it is an all inclusive full of luxury, where our guests can choose from a wide variety of international culinary delicacies and top shelf brands, while you just have to relax and get an unforgettable experience.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope on keep counting with your preference.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We just spent 6 nights and 7 days at La Perla. We have never previously booked an all-inclusive and this was not a good choice for a first time stay.

The Good -
The property is beautiful
Beautiful beach acess with lots of lounge chairs.
We got a free room upgrade because all rooms like the one we booked were full. This was a nice bonus.
The staff was friendly.
Some of the restuarants were quite good.

The Bad -
The layout is weird - sometimes you can't get there from here and it takes a lot of extra walking and time to get where you are going.
This is NOT an adults only facaility since the family side of the resort shares part of the resort with the adult side. The evening shows are quite entertaining except for the run amok kids whose parents won't corral them or make them behave.
You have limited options for breakfast - only a limited buffet. Lunch was not much better.
Dinner reservations had to be made for every evening meal. What a bother - the resort wasn't even busy!

The Ugly -
This is why we will not go back to La Perla. The room above ours had a toilet issue that caused the water to run constantly, overflow and drip into our bathroom right over our toilet. It took the resort 5 hours just to shut the water off to the toilet upstairs. All the while there is water dripping into our room over our toilet.

Another kicker - a high pressure tactic to get you to join their time share.

Room tip: Choose a room on an upper floor as you cam hear the folks in the room above you making noise or just walking across the floor. There is little to no soundproofing.
5  Thank DLHL1526
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear guest,

Your opinion is very important for us, thank you for letting us know it.

We are sorry to read that due a maintenance problem your overall Paradisus experience was tarnished. When selecting your hotel for your future beach getaway, please think in all the good things you enjoyed at our property: caring services provided by professionals in the industry, the best food in an AI resort, unique Beach surrounded by mangrove and your suite´s comfort.

As we have stated in other reviews, we do have complete adults only areas like the whole swimming pool zone, Welcome lounge, Yhi Spa, Yhi moves (gym), and restaurants like Hadar, Fuego, Passion by Martin Berasategui, The Grill, Sunrise and Bana after 8:00pm. Those options are available for guests willing to stay in a keep the calm ambiance.

Thank you again for your comments and we would appreciate if you decide to give us another opportunity to show you our commitment with our dear guests.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I am a travel agent and have been coming to the RM 2X a year for 5 years now. I like to change hotels so I can suggests different things to my clients.
I wasn't sure I would like this place since it is "bigger" than what I am used to to.... ( I tend to prefer 100 or so rooms resorts)
Let me tell you, this place is amazing!!!
The beach is spectacular!!! (yes there are areas that are "rocky" but it is easy to find a spot that is not)
Plenty of sun beds
EXCELLENT beach service (thxs LUIS!!!)
The rooms are super large (larger than our first condo!!!!)
Our concierge Tania, did an amazing job at booking all our restaurants and spa appointments as requested
The food is THE BEST I have had in the RM.... PERIOD
the only thing, and I did mentioned this to the MELIA rep that was on site: it is not a true "adults only"...... and I think it's a shame it is advertised as such.
I think that if my clients know in advance, they won't mind, but it should be noted that you will come across "little ones" in the restaurants as they are shared with the Esmeralda facility.... MELIA should have thought of that....
I wish I had booked the Royal Service section, having a "quiet pool" and "quiet restaurant" would have been nice, but I did not know and I always book the cheapest available room, so I can really know what to sell to my clients....
Despite the "little remarks" I just made, I wish I was still there!!!
Thank you LaPerla for such an amazing week!!

Room tip: Rooms in the Royal Service section are worth it if you like "smaller resort feel" If you want a swim out, get the ones on the Sunset bar side as they are in the sun all day
7  Thank rouleaj

Dear guest,

We appreciate you took the time to share with us your detailed Paradisus La Perla experience, and we feel satisfied that we were able to surpass your expectations regarding facilities, food, beverages, room comfort and service.

As an expert in the tourism industry, you know exactly what you require and what to demand. We are happy to read you found more of what you were hoping for.

We do have complete adults only areas like the whole swimming pool zone, Welcome lounge, Yhi Spa, Yhi moves (gym), and restaurants like Hadar, Fuego, Passion by Martin Berasategui, The Grill, Sunrise and Bana after 8:00pm. Those options are available for guests willing to stay in a keep the calm ambiance.

Thank you again for your kind words and we will appreciate your recommendation to your clients to stay with us in order to have a fantastic experience and let us pamper them as they deserve.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Holiday at La Perla : 6/10/12 and 20/10/12

I have to say that The hotel is amazing, no expenses spared on the decor and food!
We had such a lovely time it was exactly what we were looking for in a holiday - with the nightlife and entertainment to boot!

I have broken down the good and bad points below, however don't let some of the extremely over critical reviews on TA put you off booking La Perla - we would go back here in a heartbeat!!

Good Points:

Amazing Food - all the restaurants are great even the buffets!
Lovely Bedrooms
Beautiful Beach
Well kept grounds and pool
Plenty of alcohol flowing!
Staff are extremely polite and cannot do enough for you right from the room cleaners, bell boys, pool staff through to the guest services - Christina was our guardian angel by the pool and kept us well hydrated all day long, even if it wasn't always with the water! Thanks Christina your lovely! x

Bad Points:

Mini Bar - We had to call reception daily to get them to stock the mini bar - this was not done automatically which i was surprised by!

Sound proofing - This is really not great - if the room above or to the side wakes early or goes to bed late then so will you!

Families - Most of the evening entertainment and the main Gabi club is located in the center of the hotel which can be accessed by families.
Also several of the restaurants are are located on La Esmerelda side (which is the family part of the resort) we had no issues with this however if your looking for adult only you need to bear this in mind.

Time Share - The guest services will try and get you to take a 'tour' if the hotel with the promise of chocolates and tequila. This is merely a way of showing you more about the melia group and selling places in the time share - don't get me wrong if we had the money i would be interested by $35,000 upfront is quite hefty!!

Overall La Perla is AMAZING!

I would give it 5* and recommend to family and friends !

Room tip: The garden view rooms don't have the best view however they did get the sun later on in the evening and are lovely and quite away from the pool!
4  Thank Pinky1483

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your review after your stay at Paradisus La Perla.

We are pleased to read you had an overall great experience while you enjoyed all the facilities and services offered at our LUXEclusive plan and that you found some delicacies at our restaurants that fitted your taste.

As you experienced, Paradisus La Perla has a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere ideal for us to pamper you and spoil you a little bit with the service and provide you with everything you may desire to have an amazing vacation at the Mexican Caribbean.

We have sent your notes about the minibar the manager in charge, as you stated it must be an automatized service and our standard is to restock it every day between 9am to 6pm. It is true our shows are held at the Gabi Club where everyone is welcome. We understand that sometimes you don’t want to be around kids, it that case we have other bars available, for example the Mbar to enjoy a refreshing and innovative martini at or an exotic sake drink at Toji Bar.

We appreciate your recommendation to your friends and family to stay at Paradisus in order to get an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The club will one year old next month. It is absolutely beautiful. Clearly a huge amount of thought, time and money went into every detail of this resort the newest super club in the Club Melia chain. And "super" it really is.
You can exit your room from some rooms right into the pool which is huge on each side, both the couples side and the family side. Kids have their own "club" indoors and outside that is staffed by caring people.
All the staff are supportive in every way to make your stay memorable. The rooms are outstanding, most with balconies with whirlpool baths.
The Playa del Carmen beach is considered one of the best in the world.
The 5 restaurants have in my opinion ( and consider myself as do many others to be a gourmet chef) are 5 stars. It was difficult to choose which to visit twice as we wanted to go back to each more than once. The food was not only innovative, but served and presented with extreme thought and care.
It is worth every dollar you spend and we will be going back with the entire family and grandchildren next year.

Room tip: The master suites are huge. Even the smallest of rooms is more than adequate and luxurious for a couple. Consider joining the vacation club, very different from a time share and worth it.
4  Thank Howard R
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear guest,

We value your comments about our properties, La Perla exclusive for adults and La Esmeralda, were everyone are welcome. We can see you paid attention to every element from the resort and we appreciate you took the time to share your opinion about all we have to offer to our guests.

Our LUXEclusive plan in one of our strengths, most of our guests enjoy the wide food and beverages variety offered in the resort accompanied with warm and professional service.

Thank you for your kind words and we will be waiting for your return with all your family members.