10,626 results
All reviews royal service mole the grill south bar gabi club rs pool la palapa restaurant yhi spa dinner reservations alfredo butler service swim up suite bali beds pool party our honeymoon guest services personal butler
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Beautiful resort! Loved the swim up room! fantastic pool area with a great poolside snack bar. The fresh guacamole & ceviche was fantastic! All the food was fantastic, alcohol was all top shelf, great martinis at M bar! All the staff was fantastic and very attentive, especially Rigoberto at the pool bar, he was wonderful, very entertaining! Some people have complained about the beach, but we thought is was great. There are some areas of rocks in the water, but you can easliy get around them. There was alot of clear areas, Beautiful white sand. The beach waiters are awesome, always coming by, even brought a tray of drinks to us when we were standing in the water, without us asking! All the staff will do their best to accomodate your needs. Had to make reservations at the specialty restaurants, but very easy to do. Mole, LaPalapa, and Fuego were great! Had alot of fun at Gabi bar.

My only complaint is the perfume in the main lobby/lounge. Very strong, I'm very sensitive to perfumes. Even people not sensitive had trouble with it. Should prob tone that done quite a bit.

Other that that, loved it! Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mary Ann K
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear guest,

We really enjoy reading our guests´ comments after living the Paradisus experience and remarking their favorite areas and services around the resort.

We are pleased to read you enjoyed some relaxing mornings by the beach, tasting delicacies at our specialty restaurants, finding your favorites snacks by the pool area; and the M Bar, were the martinis variety blew your mind.

Be sure that we will take under consideration your notes about the amount of scent at our welcome lounge.

Thanks again for your comments, your preference and we will be pleased to host you again at Paradisus Playa del Carmen for your next getaway by the Mexican Caribbean.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

we just came from a 3 nights short trip to Paradisus...hotel is just amazing..wonderful staff..extraordinary food..add all this to a B E A U T I F U L beach..got the picture!!! do not hesitate..do not think twice..do not worry...this is the best!!! we were greatly welcomed, the valet parking took care of our rented car..Cynthia @ the reception offered us the best room, Georgina our concierge perfectly explained us the resort features...received quickly our baggage and the journey started...best ever room we stayed in...cleanest resort ever visited...food u can taste only in a few high quality restaurant...we want to thank Gabriel @ fuego for his superb service & Fernando @ mole that made from our last dinner a dream...thanks also to Veronika from club melia for her precious time & Alex the senior manager for his endless offers...actually thanks to all the staff for their great job to make you feel precious with a royal service...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank volroy
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Mr. Roy and Mrs. Olga,

We are pleased to read you were gladly surprised after your stay at Paradisus La Perla and that your expectations were fully satisfied in every way.

Thank you very much for uploading some beautiful pictures from our property. An image says more than 1000 words. We are sure that future visitors will admire your photos and will encourage them to book at Paradisus.

We will share your comments with Cynthia, Georgina, Gabriel, Fernando, Veronica and Alex. All of them provided to you an unforgettable service and they deserve to know it in order to continue with their attentiveness.

Please consider to stay again with us for your future unforgettable beach vacations.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at La Perla Royal Service for two weeks. This was our second two week stay this year. Eva Lopez, Royal Service Manager, and her staff made our stay very memorable. Our butler was Karen and she took excellent care of our every need. Emmanuel and Arturo are absolutely amazing. They work very well together. You can tell they enjoy their jobs.

Daniel and his team at La Palapa amazed us every day. We had excellent service from: Andrea, Filipe, Cabalan, Mario, Renau, Diego, Jorge, Geraldine, Francisco, Garbriel, Chef Samuel and Chef Nadia. Everyday was a different and pleasant surprise.

We were also amazed by the service we received from Edgar (AM of food and beverage) and Miguel (training to be a manager of the bars). We have known both of these guys for many years and it is always a pleasure to see them.

Our favorite restaurant was Passion. The staff of Pierre, Alejandro, Adrian and Chef Max made it a wonderful dining experience each and every time we were there.

The food, the grounds, and all of the smiling and caring people made it perfect in every way. You can tell that the senior management team cares about its guests. We have made so many friends that we are anxious for our return visit. Coco, we can't wait to see you again.

Thank you to everyone for taking care of us at our "Beach House".

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my first All Inclusive resort vacation and I've heard so much about them and how incredible they are. I can now agree and say that it was everything and more than I had ever thought it would be. I am already planning my next one. The resort was fantastic, service was great, drinks were awesome and food was so good! I would highly recommend the Paradisus La Perla, it is a beautiful resort with top notch service! I hope to go back very soon! Israel was our bellhop and he is the coolest guy ever and will help you with anything you need!

Room Tip: Take care of your staff...all of them!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Howie P
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear guest,

In your review you transmitted to us your emotion about your first LUXEclusive vacations, thank you very much for your confidence and for your recommendation to future tourist to live the Paradisus experience by their own.

Your recognition to the excellent attitude from Israel will be transmitted to his supervisor, in order to motivate him to continue with his enthusiasm and devotion to his job.

It would be an honor to host you again in our little piece of Paradise.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

My friend stayed here Oct 7 to 12/2012 and its one of my best resort experiences to date!

Royal Service is a must and you can add that at the time of check in but I recommend you do it in advance because those block of rooms have a better view ! But no matter where they put you on the resort it's all beautiful !

La Perla is new (under a year) and it is adults only for the rooms/pool/Royal Service but there is the common area between La Perla and Esmeralda where some restaurants are adults only and families can use some other ones so just keep that in mind!

The resort is a 10 USD can ride to Playa del Carmen but the resort is technically in that city but further out and in its borders.

It's a beachfront resort with a very nice long white sand beach but most of the water is a bit rocky and seaweed covered but it could've have been far worse !
If you get royal service you get your own part of the beach with beds instead of chairs so that was nice !

The resort is stunning! The architecture and the art is what makes this place unique. And if you're a foodie you'll be in heaven!! Some of the most unique dining experiences are here !

We had a Master Suite room 1136 which was MASSIVE! We had a jacuzzi on our large terrace and the bed was ridiculously comfortable ! The washroom is in two parts ..one with a Japanese soaking tub and the other part with more sinks, a giant walk in shower with dual rain shower grids -awesome !

The resort is primarily made of marble throughout the property and gets wet often from bathing suits , rain, etc, and is treacherous ! I fell one day while I was doing a site inspection of the Esmeralda side so be careful!

Ok on to to more important fun stuff: Royal Service!
It's basically like having Sandals butlers but more of them and cheaper! The Royal Service staff are incredible and will do anything for you . Thank you again Erick :)

The part of the service that made our trip was on the Royal Service only pool and beach area. You should upgrade just to get Arturo! What a great man -he was so attentive and genuinely nice and would do things for us without being asked to . Manuel the swim up bar bartender was amazing as well . Thanks to you both !!! :)

About the food : amazing ! There is so much variety and themes that you'll never be bored ! If you like seafood you're set but if your vegetarian or vegan you may struggle a bit.

We loved the holding bars for the restaurants and I spent a lot of time at M Bar! Delicious Cosmos! Blue Agave was another favorite ! Never knew tequila could be a high end experience! Try the Sangrita! All the booze at all the bars are top shelf and you can still ask for premium as well depending on your tastes!

Our favorite dining experience was Passions -it's a must do! Creative , elegant , interesting , and delicious ! I still talk about the Mushroom Ravioli with Iberian Ham!
Another favorite restaurant was La Palapa for royal service guests .

You'll never be worried about having a place to sit or relax . I've never seen so many Bali beds!!

I have so many details about this resort I can go on and on about but I would be here all night! Honestly though Paradisus is tough to beat! I was so impressed and pleasantly surprised. I'm still baffled about the few bad reviews so I suggest you ignore them and experience it for yourself! It's a clean ,comfortable , creative , and cool place and I can't wait to go back :)

If you want any more insight or see more photos let me know as this review is fairly short but I have plenty to say :)

Thanks for reading!!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Jooolz1976

Dear guest,

It is a pleasure for us to receive reviews from our tourists, especially when they really try to communicate every detail during the stay, just like yours. We are proud that you have had a memorable stay at Paradisus.

We are glad to read you were able to enjoy the coziness of your room, the tranquility from the beach, fresh drinks at Royal Service pool bar, the culinary tour offered at our specialty restaurants and buffets; the style and decoration in all the areas. We adore reflecting our interest about details to accomplish the visual impact since the moment you cross the Lobby.

We strongly believe our employees are our biggest strength to provide the service all our guests deserve, that is why your recognition to Arturo and Manuel from Royal Service pool area and Eric at the RS front desk has been sent to their supervisors in order to encourage them to continue providing an outstanding service.

We want to take this opportunity to remark that we have special menus for diverse dietary restrictions, in order to provide the same culinary experience to all our guests.

Thank you again for your full review and please honor us again with your visit in the future.