10,512 results
All reviewsroyal servicemolethe grillsouth bargabi clubrs poolla palapa restaurantyhi spadinner reservationsalfredobutler serviceswim up suitebali bedspool partyour honeymoonguest servicespersonal butler
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I went to La perla for a romantic getaway.. and it was all that we hoped for. The hotel was amazingly kept the food was delicious and the staff was extremely friendly. David in reception and Omar in guest services were amazing and made our stay even better. I would definitely go back to La perla or even take our daughter next time to the paradisus esmerlada...

Just wanted to also say thank you to the morning waiters at la perla buffett.. they always made us smile in the morning.

1  Thank NIcky R
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing with us and with other tourists the fantastic experience you had during your last visit to Paradisus La Perla.

We are completely satisfied about our overall performance in all areas of the resort where you only had to worry about letting us pamper you, like David and Omar did it with you.

Please consider Paradisus La Perla for your next Mexican Caribbean getaway.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just returned from a solo 11 day trip to the Paradisus La Perla. I stayed in a Royal Service Swim Up Suite. This is the second time I have traveled alone to this part of Mexico and felt completely safe. I encourage others to ignore the negative reputation Mexico has for lack of safety of tourism and travel to Cancun or Playa Del Carmen!

Please take the time to read my list of pros and cons for the Paradisus La Perla below.

Pros:
The hotel decor is gorgeous on the inside. The food is amazing and the service is unbelievable. The staff goes out of their way to see that you are completely satisfied. I was able to eat at every restaurant at least once and there wasn't a single meal I didn't enjoy......Five Star dining for dinner every single night! I was able to eat exclusively at La Palapa for a sit down breakfast and lunch because I was a Royal Service Guest which was really really tasty and worth the upgrade if fancy food is important to you. The rooms were gorgeous and spacious. The swim up suites are beautiful and in Royal Service they are adjacent to the private pool and swim up bar. They provide a stocked minibar in the room and plenty of bottled water to drink and even to use for brushing your teeth. The service at every bar on the property was just as great as the service at the restaurants--they will make you literally anything you want! The evening shows were entertaining.
My main focus of my trip was to relax by the beach or the pool so the Royal Service attendants Arturo and Marisol were what really made my trip amazing because they made sure I always had a drink in my hand and took care of my every need! The YH1 spa was worth going to and please make sure to ask for masseuse Karina. She did such an amazing job at my massage, I booked her services three times during my stay! Royal Service is worth the upgrade if you come to relax by the beach because you get to lounge on these amazing and extremely comfortable Bali Beds literally five feet away from the water! (see attached photos)

Cons:
Poor curb appeal as you enter the hotel. Average breakfast and lunch buffets. Be aware the fishtank above the bed is not real--it is a well lit photograph which was a little misleading to pictures presented on the hotel website (but by all means not at all a dealbreaker). They need to improve the private Butler Service in the Royal Service category. I have stated at another Paradisus hotel in the Dominican Republic and had a Royal Service Butler last year and feel the Butler services in Mexico do not compare to those provided in the Dominican Republic. By all means, I don't mean to sound spoiled but when paying for the added upgrade, the added services should come to me, I shouldn't have to go get them. At La Perla you have to ask your butler to assist you (ex: if you want your luggage packed and unpacked, you must request it. If you want scented pillows at night, you must request it. If you want changes to your mini bar you must request it. If you want a provided cell phone to call your butler you must request it.) It was day number three before my minibar got customized to meet my needs. It was day number 9 of 11 before I got a scented pillow...I finally asked for it. At the Paradisus Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic every day my butler asked me what type of pillow I wanted, asked me everyday if I needed anything added to my minibar and automatically unpacked and packed my luggage. I also automatically got a cell phone to call for assistance when I needed it. Understanding this is my second stay at a Paradisus Resort in the Royal Service category, my expectations of Butler service when coming to Mexico were probably higher than other travelers because I had another experience at the same hotel to compare it to.
The hotel location is far from the main town known as 5th Avenue (but made for a very pleasant safe and solo 1-2 hour walk down the beach to get there .... you can also take a taxi for $10). The beach at La Perla was rocky and not nearly as clear as other beaches I saw adjacent to other hotels when walking to town but is directly adjacent to a crystal clear public beach and is less than a five minute walk so a lot of people at the Royal Service private beach simply walked to the public beach area where the water was crystal clear.

The pros far outweigh the cons. I would definitely stay here again! The hotel decor is amazing and the food is much better than other all inclusive resorts I have stayed at. If you plan to stay at the hotel most of your trip and relax I would absolutely suggest booking this hotel....even the Royal Service upgrade...It is still a new hotel and simply may just need to adjust some details such as what people should get from the Butlers in the Royal Service category.

Room Tip: If you are into simpy lounging by the Beach and being lazy, the Royal Service upgrade is entirely worth it just for the private private beach and Bali Beds. If you are into fine dining for breakfast and lunch you can eat exclusively at La Palapa as a Royal Service guest.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Shara F
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a meticulous review from your stay at Paradisus La Perla – Royal Service and for sharing some of your special holiday photos with us.

We are totally pleased to know you enjoyed every single part of the resort and had the opportunity to take advantage of all the extra facilities and services offered to our Royal Service guests, like the scent pillows, the pool area with the magnificent service provided by Arturo and Marisol, and a la carte breakfast and lunch at La Palapa.

It is also great for us to know your culinary experience was amazing at all our restaurants. Thank you as well for your wide recommendation to future visitors.

As a service-oriented company, we have a firm devotion to accomplish our guest’s satisfaction; therefore, we are sorry to read the butler service was not what you were expecting for. That additional service provided to our Royal Service guests, must be a total help during your holidays. Be sure we will take corrective actions to prevent future occurrences about it and for the next time you honor us with your visit you will notice a difference about it.

We will be waiting for your prompt return to your home away from home, Paradisus La Perla.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

our overall impression of La Perla was very good. The hotel was very clean and new. The food was way above average for Mexico, dare we say good. The rooms were spectacular especially the swim up rooms. Nightly entertainment was also pretty good.
What we didnt like:
1) Passions (the paid restaurant) probably the worst restaurant of them all and the only one that requires $100 per couple.
2) daily activities such as volleball and other sports are almost non existent and the enteratinment staff does not seem to care enough to get anything going. This is a major drawback for this hotel and should be fixed right away, most likely by replacing the entertainment staff by more qualified people, preferably who speak at least some english.

Room Tip: upgrade once you get there it will be cheaper, go for the swim up room
1  Thank Dimitry A

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion regarding our facilities and the service you received during your last stay at Paradisus La Perla.

All our guests´ suggestions are taken under consideration, that is why our Activities manager is now informed about your thoughts about his team and will take corrective actions if necessary.

It is important for us to know the reason about your opinion from our exclusive restaurant “Passion by Martin Berasategui” in order to improve. It could have been the service, the food temperature, the wine, or other, and we really like to work to progress. If you have the time, please send me an email specifying our opportunity areas.

We are pleased to read that your overall experience was satisfactory and it would be fantastic if you decide to come back for your next beach getaway.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I just retruned from the Pardisus La Perla Resort in Playa Del Carmen (Riveria Maya), Mexico. We only had 3 nights but really enjoyed ourselves. Here is a quick review of the property and some advice from our brief experience:

1. You are completely safe. With all the Mexican drug wars and kidnappings grabbing the headlines, places like Cancun and Riveria Maya are getting lumped in with the boarder towns. We never had the slighest feeling that our safety was in jeporady.

2. For round-trip airport transportation, we hired a private driver for $120 by contacting the resort via email. There are lots of cheaper options for transfers when you arrive at the airport - Yellow Transfer Service seemed to be the best option at the Cancun Airport.

3. From the moment we arrived, the check-in process was great. You are greated with a warm towel and a cool drink. We then sat down and planned our dinners for each evening. Then the front desk host walked us to our room, gave a brief resort tour and explained how everything worked.

3. The resort is absolutely beautiful. Every aspect of this resort is top notch.

4. The service is awesome. From the bar service, to those who work in the restaurants. Even on the beach we were always checked on to see if we needed a drink or anything.

5. The food was like eating at an upscale restaurant every evening. We liked Palapa the best, followed by Fuego and Hadar. There were mosquitos at Palapa at night but bug spray was sitting on each table. Don't forget that Palapa and the Grill are also open for lunch. Much better than a burger or wings at the pool (but those were great also)

6. Drinks are not watered down and top shelf liquor is available. Just be sure to ask for exactly what you want - like a "Grey Goose and Tonic" instead of a vodka tonic.

7. We had a junior suite (the most basic room category available) and it was perfect. We did not upgrade to the swim up suite or to the royal service and still had a great time.

7. The entertainment was enjoyable. We watched the Michael Jackson show and took in some of the live music, both were good.

8. The beach is beautiful and safe. Nobody is selling stuff on the beach but wave runners are available for rent.

9. Although the beach is soft white sand, going into the ocean can be a bit tricky. The bottom has coral and is very uneven. Not really a big deal, but watch your step.

10. Be sure to let the rooom steward know what you would like to have stocked in your refridgerator. They have just about any drink you would want and also candy and cookies.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would go back to La Perla again. I would not hesitate to visit Riveria Maya or another Paradisus property in the future.

Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dato1247
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear guest,

We appreciate your full description of our facilities including rooms, restaurants, bars, pool area and beach. For us, it means you really where impressed about them and you felt it was necessary to share it with us and with future Paradisus visitors. We are sure they will take all your suggestions in consideration to enjoy their vacations as much as you did.

Thank you for your comment regarding the night shows, specially our “The eternal king of pop”, a Michael Jackson tribute and live music at the bars. Our performers do their best on stage just to please all of you while you have a drink at the North Av. Bar or at Gabi Club.

Please honor us again with your presence for your next holydays by the beautiful Mexican Caribbean.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was an awesome experience. The hotel itself was clean and well kept. The service was awesome and the food was fantastic. The beach was a long but not the best but the pools where out of this world. Great place, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank VancouverTeddy

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Paradisus experience with us.

We appreciate you highlighted the elements that you considered more important during your stay, like the amazing service provided by all the staff and the food quality at all our restaurants.

We appreciate your recommendation to future visitors and we will be honor to host you again for your upcoming vacations in Playa del Carmen.

alan,becerril@melia.com