Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
  • Pool
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$297
$217
Barcelo.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$423
$240
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$401
$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$761
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$486
$472
$973
$450
9,957 results
All reviewsroyal servicemolethe grillsouth bargabi clubla palapa restaurantyhi spadinner reservationsalfredobutler serviceguest servicesswim up suitebali bedsour honeymoonpool partypersonal butlerall inclusive resort
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went to the resort to get married. Some family stayed on the Esmerelda side, which caters to families, while those without kids chose la perla. Both sides are great. We chose the resort because we loved the pics we saw and the many options to wine and dine. Upon arrival we were so excited to see that the property is as beautiful, clean, large, and first class as advertised. The service is what blew eveyone away though. I have been fortunate to be at some nice places in the U.S. but the service pales in comparison. Here they truly care to make it a wonderful experience. Also the wedding coordinators and blue lens photography (who are affiliated with the resort), far exceeded expectations. My wife loved her ceremony on the beach, and the pictures were outstanding. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Benjamin H
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear guest,

There are unforgettable moments in someone´s life due to their importance or impact on it. One of those occasions is a wedding.

We are pleased to read you wedding was everything you were hoping for, having the event by the beach, well organized, focusing in every detail and amazing photos to revive it any time. We will transfer your notes to our Romance department to share your experience and recognition to the outstanding work to all the staff involved planning and executing the entire event.

We feel truly satisfied we covered your expectations and we want to thank you for choosing Paradisus La Esmeralda as your wedding destination hotel.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband surprised me with a trip to the Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla for my 40th birthday. The beauty of the resort is breathtaking. Several beautiful pool areas complete with private cabanas, shaded and unshaded loungers. The beach area has bartenders and a buffet along with water sports. The water sports are an additional charge. The resort is lit at night for romance and elegance. The rooms feature the latest in technology with wireless adapters, docking stations, and flat screen TVs. We had the pleasure of staying in one of the "swim-up" rooms in which we could step right out into the pool from our patio deck. There is 24 hr room service.

There are quite a number of restaurants on the property. My favorite was Passion. It features an exquisite tasting menu from a 7 star Michelin chef. It is not part of the all-inclusive pricing but well worth the extra charge. The restaurant staff was well aware that it was my birthday and I received a special dessert on four of the six nights in various restaurants. The guest services staff also assisted my husband in pulling off a surprise arrival of two of my best friends. Best customer service I've ever had at a hotel. Hated to leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor that faces the beach to give you a view of the Caribbean Sea.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank khsmith12
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for selecting Paradisus La Perla to celebrate your birthday. We gladly read that our customer service team went beyond your expectations and made your birthday memorable.

We appreciate that our restaurant Passion by Martin Berazategui was your favorite, there is where our guests are able to enjoy a pure fine dining experience, quality reflection from the 7 Michelin stars our chef have won among his exclusive restaurants around the world.

We are content to know in general you had an amazing stay and we would appreciate a lot if your recommend us to your relatives and friends.

Thank you for your kind words and please remember you have a home away from home at Paradisus La Perla.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Attended a business conference at the resort.
Check-in was a bit chaotic with several people in line and insufficient check in staff whereupon a woman asked for our passports and to take a seat. She photocopied them on the same piece of paper for a number of us in our party. As we saw several other people queueing up in front of us we realized we had to get back in line then the person at the desk wanted to photocopy my passport. I got my photocopy separated from my colleague's and in the end they said they did not need it unless I was going to change money. The whole process took at least a half hour.
Later check out was a pain - had to wait longer than I should have, and it seemed to be s big deal to get a simple receipt - the person at the front desk was typing away for ten minutes to get a printout. Also, the large binder in the room describing all the services was empty in the room service section and restaurant section to name a few. I called the service line and they said for room service breakfast to just call in the morning and they can tell you what's available. So that was it for the bad.
The room was great, with indoor and outdoor whirlpool tubs, very spacious and clean (except for the rug in the room which needed vacuuming. The room (near the Royal Service area) was pretty quiet except got some housekeeping noise in the morning.
The bartenders in all the bars were very nice and accommodating. Bars were stocked with deer brands of spirits but the wines were not so good. The hotel did not seem to be near capacity do some of the restaurants were not open that might have been if the property were full. Overall the food quality was good, but I can't say great. I was in Playa (short taxi ride away) til almost 23:00 and went into the sushi bar just before closing and they were very accommodating in bringing items back out of the refrigerator to prepare food. Some sushi items were really good some ok. Tried to make a spa appointment during my visit but nothing was available before or after my meetings which was disappointing. The pools are nice, the beach is a bit small and you have to walk through a mangrove area to get to it, but beach service is good. The meeting rooms were good and the hotel AV service seemed good too. While there is an all adult and family half to the resort, it was very quiet overall with few kids anywhere, perhaps because of the October time. Overall I would say the highlights were food and beverage staff service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KL-XVIII
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear guest,

We learn from all our guests´ comments and concerns, thank you very much for sharing with us the areas in which we didn’t surpass your expectations and we will work on the service provided at the check in process when having groups arriving and getting the binders ready at all rooms.

Thank you also for highlighting the attributes you enjoyed like the décor, your room´s comfort, the excellent attention provided at Bana restaurant, our groups and convention facilities, and most of all the caring service provided by most of our employees.

We are pleased to read your overall experience was good and we hope you can base on that your decision to return to our little piece of Paradise.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a wonderful experience (and Honeymoon) at La Perla (Paradisus). The thing I will remember most is the impeccable, friendly staff. Israel (valet at La Perla) became our friend over the trip and even sent us away with a hand tied bag of Mexican candies. His warmth and willingness to lend an ear, or a hand... The other stand out star was Gustavo (the waiter at Naos) restaurant. Both of these two guys are extremely friendly and are what upper level management dreams about having, an employee like Gustavo and Israel. My wife and I both own businesses in the States and we would elevate these guys to higher positions to maximize their potential. We know it's "hard to find good help" but these two have rare qualities.
The ONLY downfall to the place is the cheesy music being played at the pool, why use a CD of a cover singer singing a song, why not use a mixed CD of the REAL artists?
The food was impeccable though the Hibachi was over cooked, the chefs need more training in Hibachi areas.
The grounds were METICULOUSLY manicured and this place was truly a work of art. We will be returning VERY SOON.

Room Tip: Get a room with the swim up pool, yep, swim right up to your room..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StewartR330
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed with my wife and two kids at La Esmeralda at Paradisus, next to La Perla. Service was excellent, everyone was smiling at all times. They took great care of my kids that are in a strict gluten free diet. The chefs will always have a different menu prepared from scratch... Waiters were attentive to include Rafael Velasco, Cristian, Enrique , Ivan, Jeronimo at the beach, and the chefs starting with Ventura, Oscar, Omar, I am missing a few. The rooms were fantastic, we had a blast. Coming soon for sure!!!

Room Tip: Get one with access to the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family