“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dive Mike

Dive Mike
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had the good fortune to dive with the dive Mike team in September.

From the outset I knew that I was in for a treat as the collection was prompt and had that feeling of competence without pretence.

The groups were small, no overcrowded boats, max 3-4 divers with one guide, I was very fortunate to be guided by Evan, a great Canadian even though he was complaining of feeling cold in near 30C waters.......
Excellent local dives, boat crews local knowledge was superb, dropped on target every time.
Briefings were superb, just enough info without overloading and always pitched at the right level.
All loan gear was of a very high standard, no ropy regs or tired BCs and everyone was extremely helpful.
Seeing 4 bull sharks in 1 dive was definitely the highlight, closely followed by the Cenotes diving...

Sorry guys but I am now completely hooked on Mexico and will definitely be back for another visit in the years to come

A super well priced diving outfit, would have no hesitation to recommend it to anyone

Thank you for some wonderful memories !!

• Polish first
Bremen, Deutschland
“Just Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

After looking around in Playa del Carmen for a good diving school I decided to take Dive Mike and I did not get disappointed. Everything was to my total satisfaction. As I didn't dive for quiet a while I got an excellent refresh course before we went into the ocean. The dive instructor Evan couldn't have been better, he was a great guy. The equipment was just perfect.

To make it short, when you want to have a great diving experience in Playa del Carmen got to Dive Mike - thank you guys for the great experience.

Visited October 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dive Mike saves the day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We happened upon our one day in Playa del Carmen with no research or reservations but quickly decided we must swim the Cenotes. We were en route to find the location on the pamphlet when we saw Dive Mike's flag and stumbled in for no reason in particular. Jorge greeted us like old friends and informed us that diving the Cenotes was no distant dream even given the late hour, last minute preparation, small group (only 2 of us) and rainy weather! We had just come from 5 days of diving Cozumel but my most exciting memory of Mexico will always be a last minute cavern dive made possible by Jorge! His confidence and relaxed nature was comforting and allowed for uninterrupted adventure! I not only recommend, but implore for the sake of your vacation, to dive with Dive Mike. It's nothing short of a great time!

1 Thank JessicaHelbig
Perth, United Kingdom
“Great service from a great team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have just finished 3 days diving with Dive Mike and would thoroughly recommend them to any one looking to dive from Playa Del Carmen. My hotel has it's own dive centre but was $100US more expensive than Dive Mike. I had the pleasure of diving with DM last year and having contacted them by email I pre booked a package with them.
Although this is a small shop all the staff, Roger, Jorge and my dive guide Evan are very professional and very friendly. They are well organised and offer a variety of dive sites which they will discuss with you in depth. They also offer Cenote dives but I didn't do any whilst there.
Only disappointment was today was my last dive until next year!
Big thank you to all at Dive Mike but special thanks to Evan for being a fantastic guide. Hope he manages to stay warm!

Poole
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“First Class Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We visited Playa del Carmen in May 2013. Did some research on the local dive operators and found that the local operators were a lot more reasonable than those at our Hotel and Dive Mike offered a pick up service. Our hotel very reluctantly allowed them to pick us up, but once this was sorted, all worked well. We did reef, cenote and Cozomel diving. The most interesting was the cenotes that Mike took us on, it was great and my wife who has less that 100 dives loved. All round their service was first class and I have no hesitation in recommending them to visiting divers.

Visited May 2013