“Fantastic Margaritas”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue/Quinta Avenida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The drinks a little expensive if you order the cadillac margarita, but they're delicious and the staff is friendly and fun!

There are newer reviews for La Sirena Mar y Barrio

Reviewed September 12, 2012

It was hot in there but the waiters we're so so friendly and nice good drinks ,. Nice touch you could bring your doggies with you to dine with you. good food that you forgot what you we're sweating about, fresh food, highly recommed

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had a great experience at this place. I was unsure about whether to eat here, my boyfriend really wanted to try some local fish but being veggie, there wasn't a lot for me to eat on the menu. However Victor (the owner) arranged for the chef to come out to talk to me, he asked me what type of food I liked and put together his own concoction, which was basically lots of grilled veggies on top of hand made tortillas - quite simple, but beautifully cooked. My boyfriend absolutely loved his fish, which was the fresh catch of the day.

Based on this experience we decided to go back five days later, on our last night. The chef remembered me and that I was veggie, and whipped up another lovely dish. The real treat however, he put together for my boyfriend, and make him a seafood platter featuring lots of little 'tasters' of various things off the main menu. It was amazing! Even as a veggie I was still tempted to try some because it looked so wonderful. I was expecting the bill to be enormous, baring in mind we had both gone off menu, however it came in at just under £30 for 2 (including alcoholic drinks - mango margaritas - yum!).

Overall I was absolutely delighted with the service, quality and value for money, and would happily eat there again if I ever came to Mexico.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This restaurant was situated just below the hotel we were staying. We thought we would give it a try plus they advertised a kids play room. The food we had that night was mixed. One of the meals was a little fishy tasting and some of the entrees were good. The service was good that night. Later in the week we ordered both lunch and dinner for delivery up to the hotel. We ordered much more basic food (for the kids) and it was all good. The service was again good and promptly delivered. I think I would give the restaurant another try because the owner/manager was so nice when he would deliver the food.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We ate at La Sirena twice on our vacation and would have probably eaten there more, but we had a bad experience with paying the bill on our first visit. Be sure to take a calculator and know the exchange rate unless you're paying with pesos. We had an approx. 585 peso (about $45US) dinner and the waiter charged my husband $65 US dollars. We liked the food, but once we figured out the exchange rate back at our hotel, we knew the waiter had not been honest with us.
On our second visit after a fishing trip, we did like that we were able to take our freshly caught Mahi Mahi to La Sirena, only 1 block from the beach, and have it prepared with the lovely rice (saffron I think).

1  Thank arizonapoppy