“Best Dive Experience with Alberto's”
Review of Albertos SCUBA

Albertos SCUBA
More attraction details
Owner description: Albertos-SCUBA offers daily: diving, snorkeling, fishing, and dive courses for all levels, from beginner to advanced.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have been diving about 12 times around the Caribbean and Alberto's shark dive was by far the best experience. He was personable and helpful to the end. Very accommodating making sure I was comfortable with my limited experience. My dive master Mikala was awesome. Yes his prices are lower than most but visit Alberto's for the quality and personal attention. I'll definitely be back !

All reviews
"boat"
in 5 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Miguel is a very friendly and experienced dive guide. Never felt unsafe diving with the bull sharks.

Both Miguel and Alberto treat their customers with great smiles. Overall an awesome dive experience and certainly the highlight of my trip to Central America!

Sam

Reviewed December 3, 2013

While I ended up diving with Alberto's dive shop somewhat by accident, it was actually the best thing that happened to me during my stay in Playa del Carmen. The owner, Alberto, is very friendly, kind, and knowledgeable about diving. His shop is a small operation, but what it lacks in size it makes up for in quality. Alberto and his team are very accommodating to individual needs and provide a more personal experience by taking smaller dive groups.

I had the pleasure of doing my open water course with Michaela, who was an absolutely wonderful teacher. Her love and passion for diving exude through her personality and are infectious. She was very positive, caring, and patient, and was always open to answering any questions and sharing her knowledge. She gave me confidence in my diving skills and ensured that I was comfortable in the water at all times. I did some great dives with her where I had the opportunity to see a variety of fish and other sea life.

I enjoyed the diving from the course so much that I chose to do a bull shark dive afterwards. The dive was led by Miguel, who is very experienced with the sharks and was thorough in his instructions prior to the dive. It was a fun and unique diving experience.

Diving with Alberto's dive shop was definitely the highlight of my trip to Playa del Carmen, and I owe it all to the amazing team. Gracias amigos, I hope to see you all again soon! :)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We did the Discover Scuba Diving program, and it was our first time scuba diving ever. We got a very good introduction and practiced everything nicely. Our guide really made sure we were comfortable with the gear before we went diving in open water. And we had two fantastic dives at Jardines and Chunzum'bul.
We saw a big moray and a huge stingray. We had excellent visibility and felt completely safe with our guide the entire dives.
We had a great time and the service was excellent, the prices are very good as well! If you want to go diving in Playa, go to Alberto!

AlbertosScubaEnPlaya, Propietario at Albertos SCUBA, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thanks, we are happy that you enjoy your dives... Alberto

See more reviews
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have dove all over the Caribbean and Alberto's has to be one of the best, service and safety oriented dive shops I've seen. AND...some of the best prices!

My wife and I did two Cenote dives and had Miguel as our dive master. He was awesome! Took super good care of us, and even stopped and picked up sandwiches and water for us on the way to the Cenote. AND, he dropped us off at our hotel on the way back!
That's service!

Alberto's prices include ALL of your equipment, including wetsuit. Other operators wanted $15 and more. Alberto also saved us a lot of money over the hotel trip people. Our two cenote dives was $95.00 each. It would have been $160.00 each through the hotel.

Next time back, we'll go with Alberto's Scuba again. Definitely!

AlbertosScubaEnPlaya, Propietario at Albertos SCUBA, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thanks for your opinion. I hope to see you soon again.