“Surprising Find”
Review of Galeria de Arte 5ta Avenida - CLOSED

Galeria de Arte 5ta Avenida
More attraction details
Owner description: We help customers from around the world attain authentic and original Art inspired by the traditions and customs of Mexico.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We found the Galeria de Arte 5ta Avenida a couple of years ago on a visit to Playa and bought a beautiful piece by Ricardo Campero. We have loved having it in our house and when we returned to Playa this year, we couldn't wait to find it again! When we returned we were not disappointed! The same salesman was there again and we purchased another piece to add to our collection. I fell in love with a bigger piece but couldn't bring myself to buying another one.He offered to hold it for me for a couple of days with a deposit. I returned two days later and bought my piece. I am so glad I did. Visiting the Galeria is definitely one of the hightlights of my trip both times! Thanks so much.

galeriadearte1, Owner at Galeria de Arte 5ta Avenida, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

We are so glad you were able to visit us again and add to your collection of Ricardo Campero Art.Thank you for your review. We are always happy to hear feed back from all our customers. If you are ever interested in purchasing other Campero paintings please visit our website. We could ship where ever UPS or FedEx is available.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"prints"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have been going to Playa for years and discovered Galeria de Arte 5ta Avenida a couple of years ago. I now make a point to visit the gallery on every visit! It's located in the heart of Playa on 5th Ave - convenient. The art is BEAUTIFUL and I love that they feature local artists. The staff is very knowledgable and friendly - they always make a point to tell you background info on the art. This gallery really is a must see on your next trip to Playa!

Thank You for your review and recommendation to visit our Gallery. Our staff is well informed to be helpful in giving information about the artist and types of paintings we have in the gallery. We look forward to seeing you on your next vacation to Playa del Carmen!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I arrived home safely with my painting by Lorenzo Cruz in tow. It is now on my fireplace mantle and looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I so appreciated the professional and knowledgeable manner in which Marco and Luis were able to help me with my first ever purchase of an original art work. I could not be happier. Take the time to stop in. You won't regret it!

galeriadearte1, Owner at Galeria de Arte 5ta Avenida, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Congratulations on your purchase of the work done by Lorenzo Cruz! It must look beautiful on your wall. We are also glad to hear about the quality service you received. Thank you for your visit and review to our Gallery!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have been travelling to Playa every year since 2004 and have always looked at the store when walking down 5th. 2 years ago we finally actually went in and were instantly drawn to Ricardo Campero's works.
We started with 1 single square piece and then the next day went back for a 4 piece that we were looking at and our last night went back for a 9 piece. We were in love. Giovanni was a wonderful person to have assisting us and was more than happy to show us other pieces that were not on display.
My only negative comment....Last year we attempted to go into the store, we knew from emails with Giovanni that he was no longer employed there and the person who was working the few times we did attempt to go in would not leave us alone. We could not discuss anything on our own and we finally got discouraged and left which really upset me, because we had gone with the intention of purchasing another piece. (when I say we were not left alone, we had advised the individual that we already owned several pieces and wanted to add another. when we started talking to each other about what each other thought about 1 piece or another, he kept interrupting us and adding his own comments on why another piece would be better. These pieces are not cheap, I want to pick what I want, not what somebody else thinks)
Anyway, that does not affect my rating in any way shape or form.
We stopped in this year and were approached by Marco and then left to talk. He did offer to show us some other pieces in the back if we were interested.
We left and came back the next day, Marco was not there, I do believe Francisco was the one helping us (if I am wrong, my apologies) He brought out some other 4 pieces with the house scenes on them and we ended up purchasing a 6 pieces called Regatta. Absolutely gorgeous.
Pieces are always packed very well for us to pack in our suitcases. I will try to upload a few pictures.
Cannot wait for our next purchase.

1  Thank Darla41595

We sincerely appreciate your honesty about the service. Recently we have the pleasure of adding our new owners/ management team that are able to monitor closely our sales and customer procedures. Our hats off to Luis and Tara who are responsible of giving the gallery the quality it has today. Thank you for your visit and review to our Gallery!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Have been visiting Playa for many years and found this gem of an art gallery recently. It has a great atmosphere and is right on Fifth Ave! Amazing art, great people and even has a little beach bar right there! The folks there are knowledgeable about their product and the art is all original. Fell in love with the place and can't wait to bring home another piece. Don't miss it!

Glad you were able to visit our Gallery and provided a nice piece to your vacation with a purchase of a painting. It gives us satisfaction to provide our customers with excellent service and full knowledge of the paintings purchased from our Gallery. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you for your visit and review to our Gallery!