Hostel 3B Chic & Cheap
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun(Playa del Carmen)
$445
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$529
$348
Bookit.com
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
$1,323
Melia.com
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla(Playa del Carmen)
$1,852
Melia.com
Viceroy Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$509
$411
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$899
$836
Orbitz.com
$682
$466
$1,000
$462
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$1,125
$806
$453
$439
All reviewsrooftop barelectronic musicado bus stationsunday partydorm roomusual sundaybig lockersown bathroomplace to staybpm festivalair conperfect locationclean roomsbunk bedstwo blocksstayed here for nightssuper fun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Hey, for $13USD, I haven't found anything nicer. Clean, quiet, respectful. The "chill" environment created by the strategic lighting, helps you have a relaxed attitude. Fernando and the other staff at the front desk are super friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are nicely done. Good job!

Room Tip: Bunk-beds 3 & 4 in room 1 are right by the bathroom door and there is the potential of 8 people sleeping there. Just saying...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We have several groups of families and friends coming later on this year and thought we might habe a look at the different accommodation options in playa del carmen. Wen we asked for a room to visit, we got asked by an elderly man with glasses if we want to stay also. Obviously we told him that we for now just interested in seeing the rooms. So far a normal conversation. However that was when the conversation ended as he told us: so if you do not want say here, no need to see the rooms and made us clear to leave him ... Seriously? Well loss of clients, and worst service of all hostels visited so far.
DO NOT RECOMMEND, as first impression ended in first depression.

Room Tip: Close to calle 4 with 15, you find several hostels, some with cheaper fares, others with greater cleaning, etc.
Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FsGlobe
Reviewed March 25, 2012

They do have aircon in the rooms that they say is programmed so it can only be turned on after 9pm (what?) so we did and in at 6.30am some guy working there just barged in and took the remote for the aircon and turns it off.. That was really strange? The hostel in okay besides being way to hot to be comfortable.. Location is really good, just above the mall on 5a ave.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed here in November 2011- I stayed in a large dorm at the front of the building, with large windows and lots of light. The room was spotless and well presented, with a private bathroom attached for our dorm, meaning you didn't have to leave the room to shower or use the bathroom like at some other hostels. The front desk staff were really friendly and helpful. There was a small kitchen to use, and a few tables where you could read, use the wi-fi or play board games. I didn't find it to be a party hostel at all, which was perfect for me, and I liked the relaxed atmosphere. Overall I really liked this hostel and it was 1 of the newest, cleanest places I stayed over my 4month trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Overall, Hostel 3B is one of the best hostels I've ever been to. Front desk staff are really nice and helpful. The location is really good, being on one end of the 5th avenue, really close to the Cozumel ferry port. The bathrooms were really nice. The WiFi is really good, but the only problem is that you can't use it in the dorm rooms. The size of the lockers is optimal. I was traveling with a really big backpack and it fit perfectly. All right, now that I've said all this, I couldn't end this review without saying why I had to leave. When I was about to sleep, I had all my stuff inside the locker but my cell phone, which I had under my pillow. I got an SMS and it lit a little bit. With the dim light I could see something on my pillow... A BED BUG!! I killed it and it even had blood on it. I went with my pillow to the front desk and they were pretty sorry about the situation. They gave me the key to another dorm. The next day, they gave me back my money without complaining and again said they were very sorry. So, just for the record, I thought Hostel 3B was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, but that little incident was enough for me to go. I would really love to stay there again and realize they've fixed the problem, but I would definitely keep one eye open just in case.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo