“ACCOMADATION-Mark L.”
Review of DiveMex

DiveMex
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: DiveMex is a small dive center in downtown Playa del Carmen close to the public bus station, the ferry and the public transport station for tulum and cancun. Diving with us is so much more than just get dressed, jump into the water and dive. The personal experience of every diver is very important to us and that's why we only dive in small groups up to 4 divers. Safe diving, no rushing and personal service guaranteed.You will get the best diving experience possible, regardless if you are at the beggining of your diving career or already an advanced diver
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I just returned from my trip yesterday (that should give you a clue how happy I was). I probably emailed Dirk 25 times (my wife was going to go and not go....). He always got back to me in a timely fashion. I did 5 dives with them over 2 days. I also got my advanced open water certification. Matthieu was great and we had a lot of fun. They also submitted my cert to padi with in 2 hrs of me gettting it (most dive shops you are lucky if they get it done the same week). If you have never dove a Cenote (I had not) I would highly reccomend it. I dove 3 while there and each one was different and an experience of its own. We then made the trip to Cozumel. The reef was great. We saw a lot of different types of fish. That being said the most amzing thing we saw was an Eagle Ray. I cant tell you how awe struck i was by the size of this graceful creature. It was truly one of the best experiences i have ever had diving. If you are looking for a laid back fun filled adventure look no further. I have no hesitation reccomending this company and its great staff.

1  Thank Mark L

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Emilio was patient and helped both of us, me and my wife, become comfortable and confident in the water. We have never done any diving before so going through the process was completely new to us. Emilio guided us through the process and through beautiful reefs with visibility clear enough to capture some great pictures. We went to Mexico to get PADI certified for our anniversary and we left with great memories and new friends.
Thanks Emilio!

2  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went to the Riviera Maya for our honeymoon in August 2013. I wanted to learn how to dive while I was out there, so we booked my PADI with Divemex (through emails to Dirk) and I spent 3 days learning to dive. The 1st was in the pool with Amelio. It was my 1st dive experience and I felt very comfortable and relaxed. The intructors are all very professional and easy to talk to. They all speak very good English, Spanish, and some speak French and German. My second and third days were at Play-del-carmen reef, which was a boat dive. There were lots of colourful fish, eels and a few rays to look at while I learnt my skills. My husband spent the 1st two days with me while he did a refresher course. Both courses were very reasonably priced and good value for money.
After I qualified, we both did a Cenote Dive, which was amazing. The water was so clear. We went to Chac-mool, which is good for beginners. We spent two more days diving with divemex, this time we went to the island of Cozumel and took a boat out to the reef. My husband has dived before in Panama, and said that the reef in cozumel was out of this world. We saw so many different types of fish, along with turtles, big rays, and a nurse shark. All the time our guides remained very professional and helped to check all of our gear before each dive. Lunch and drinks are included on the day trips, and snacks are provided for the cenote and Whale shark trips. I would definately recommend Dive mex to divers of all levels. They go out of their way to help you find the type of dive you want. They also arranged for us to go snorkling with Whale Sharks, which is a definate must if you are there between May and September.
I will use divemex again (they also give you a discount on dives if you do your PADI with them) .
Thank-you Divemex!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

It was my girlfriend's 1st diving experience. Anna was very friendly and patient during the training. We both came away feeling very confident and comfortable.
On the day of our actual dive, the water was pretty choppy so Dirk took us to a different spot to dive. We had so much fun observing various aquatic life that we didn't even notice almost 4hours had past by. Dirk was also an excellent mentor. The diving trip definitely made our wonderful trip to PDC even more memorable. Thank you very much, DiveMex!
And BTW, their equipments are also in very good conditions and most are new. You won't be disappointed with these guys. Hope this helps!

2  Thank Chuanlee
Dirk Z, Owner at DiveMex, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.
I can hear what a wonderful time you had and the first time that you are surrounded by so much marine life is truly an experience of a lifetime.
I hope that you and your wife continue your diving education and get to visit other fantastic dive sites.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!
Anna & Dirk

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had to get in some cenote diving while in town with my family. I spend the morning with this company and the experience was incredible. Thanks for the amazing experience!