“Great Experience with DiveMex”
Review of DiveMex

DiveMex
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: DiveMex is a small dive center in downtown Playa del Carmen close to the public bus station, the ferry and the public transport station for tulum and cancun. Diving with us is so much more than just get dressed, jump into the water and dive. The personal experience of every diver is very important to us and that's why we only dive in small groups up to 4 divers. Safe diving, no rushing and personal service guaranteed.You will get the best diving experience possible, regardless if you are at the beggining of your diving career or already an advanced diver
Weaverville, CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Experience with DiveMex”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My son and I went diving on 5/3/13 with DiveMex and it was a great trip.

My son is 11 and he decided to try SCUBA and so he did the discover SCUBA trip. We got to the dive shop in the morning and met up with Dirk and Amil. Both guys were great and met us warmly and were very friendly.

After some paperwork and trying on some gear, Amil took us to a swimming pool at a local hotel. The water in the pool was a little on the green side and I was glad that I'm already certified and didn't have to get in. Amil worked with my son for a while and did an amazing job with him.

After the pool, we went and at lunch at Fusion Bar & Restaurant on Dirk's recommendation. While it wasn't the cheapest place around, the food was awesome.

After a great lunch, we walked back to the dive shop and met up with Dirk and Amil. I then got my gear together and we went down to the boat. Amil was great at getting my son geared up and making him comfortable for his first dive trip. Amil helped my son get into the water and hung around him while they descended to the bottom. During the whole dive, Amil watched over my son to be sure that he was safe and comfortable.

My son did an amazing job diving and I am so proud of him. I owe a lot of how well he did to Amil though since he made my son feel so comfortable doing it.

I really can't say enough great things about DiveMex. The guys were great and it is just a great little shop. I definitely plan on going diving with them again.

Visited May 2013

Poole, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cool karma”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at their hotel and dived with Dirk. great stuff.. Highly recommended, not something I often say. Dives planned to miss the crowds is always a nice touch, especially when doing denotes. Look forward to coming back.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank bee630
Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Most Fun Dive Shop I've Ever Dove With!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've been diving all over the world, and the guys here at DiveMex are the most fun! We kept changing our numbers (adding more and more people) and they were very accommodating. We dove 2 cenotes with them.
I highly recommend coming here to dive with Dirk and his crew.

Visited April 2013
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Time Diving with DiveMex”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I did all my confined pools dives and theory before going to mexico so that all I needed to get my open water ticket was my open water dives. I traveled with four friends for the diving. The transition for my ticket coming from Canada to DiveMex was as extremely smooth. Dirk took care of everything quickly and promptly. The first day was a quick briefing about what I had to do in the water for the first 2 dives. In a very short time we were loaded up and heading to the boat for the dives. We went to two different dive sites that day. First time in the open water and it was just amazing. The next day we came back and did the last 2 open water dives, same thing a briefing and before we knew it we were off to the water for the dives. On may last dive after I had finished the last of my stuff Dirk swam up and gave me a high five to congratulate me on obtaining my open water certification. They took my picture to send off for my card and that arrived with in a week and a half. We then booked a cenote dive with DiveMex and they set us up with one of there dive master who was extremely knowledgeable about the local cenotes. We did two dives there and was my favorite dives so far, they are absolutely breath taking. The next day we signed up for a dive in Cozumel. They set us up with dive master and a company there called Deep Exposure. This was just an amazing time all together. The crew and the people diving were all very fun. We also got to see some really cool things in Cozumel. When we got back to the shop around 5 PM, Dirk was there to greet us and asked about a night dive, after all the great recommendations we couldn't resist. We grabbed new tanks and away we went. We spent 73 mins underwater during this night dive and it was just relaxing and quite a great experience. Not only was the diving professional and well put together, they recommended many great restaurants, and we never once were disappointed, In fact after my first open water dive we went to a restaurant named Fusion that they had told us to go to and it was one of my most memorable nights in mexico. I cannot wait to go back and dive with Dirk and everyone else at DiveMex. Thank you for a great experience.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Drew T
falster
“The Great White German Shark”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

After more than 3 years back in Playa Del Carmen and diving with DiveMex. New divestore and new divemaster - Dirk. We had a lot of serious diving and a lot of fun. Drik is really doing an excellent job. I can warm recommend DiveMex. I had a great time:-)

Visited February 2013