“Love this location”
other travelers have booked this property
ground floor right half of the building is this unit
living room and dining room looking out to beach from the kitchen you see the dining and living room areas are directly on the beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
ground floor right half of the building is this unit
living room and dining room looking out to beach
kitchen with granite countertops
outdoor patio table is directly on the sand
master bedroom with king bed
master bedroom has flat-panel TV; bath is out of photo to the left.
luxury linens meand 600 threadcount Egyptian cotton.
king master looks out windows to the pool area
second bedroom has king sized bed, too.
built-in closets and hallway to bathroom and living room.
both king bedrooms look out to the pool area
pool is in the center of the building; the hallway in the middle leads to the beach
breakfast tastes better when its on the beach
eat meals at your own beachfront table then nap in the hammock.
Third Bedroom sleeps 4 (2 full sized beds)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kansas City, Missouri
“Love this location”
Reviewed December 27, 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

We love this location which is why we booked it. The downfall is that the beach has a massage tent that takes up most of the beach area. We were unable to put up our hammock because the massage tent was propped up between the trees. It is a very secure and entertaining place to stay in Playa del Carmen.

Liked best: location
Liked least: annoying massage tent right outside by the patio
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
teresa0k
Columbia, Missouri
“What a perfect location!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

I stayed here with 6 other girlfriends August 2-7, 2012. We absolutely loved it! The management was there to greet us when we arrived and were so helpful. The condo was clean and well cared for. To look out or step out your patio doors and have that beautiful ocean right there is unbeatable. You could get a 70 minute massage right there on the beach for $18! Yeah, that's what I said, it's not a typo. The staff at Coco Mayo were wonderful. You could order anything you want from them, we didn't have to even walk over there. We would just wave to them and there they came with anything we wanted, unbelievable! If you want "quiet" you might not like it because of the clubs. The club music would be from 6pm to about 6am. The first day it was kind of bothering us but after that we didn't care. We are ages 38-58. We are planning to go back next year.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: techno music next door
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Penny R
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Lovely home away from home!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

My friends and I stayed at Aquazul for a week. It is a beautiful property! Pictures are very accurate. We loved being so close to the water. Security and maid service were great! It was nice to be close enough to walk wherever we wanted to go. We loved the fact that we didn't have to keep up with keys to get into the condo; elecronic access was a big plus! Tim was very prompt with answering any questions I had before and after we booked our stay.
I must say that the techno "boom boom" from the adjacent bar was more than we anticipated. It began mid evening and continued until about 6 a.m. every night, except Monday. Take a benedryl or a sleep aid to combat the noise.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We loved being right on the beach!
Liked least: The music from the bar next door made sleep challenging.
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
maestramc...
Memphis, TN
“Great Condo, Great Staff, But Beware of Noise Pollution!”
Reviewed June 19, 2011 for a stay in December 2010
people found this review helpful

The condo is direct ocean front, as advertised. Very convenient to walk straight out the patio onto the beautiful beach.

The security and staff who work at the condo were super nice and accommodating. They always went out of their way to make us feel welcome and taken care of.

The proximity of the condo to shopping and restaurants in Playa can't be beat! Everything is within walking distance. However, the condo's proximity to loud, incessant disco music proved to be a nightmare. After reading another post about the loud music, I called Tim, the owner, to get a better idea of what to expect. He never volunteered this information, mind you, I found out on my own, which I found concerning. He said the music from the Coco Maya restaurant next door (which turns into a disco at night) could be heard only from the front bedroom, but that we should have no problem sleeping.

Turns out, the thumping bass could be heard and felt in every bedroom, but the front bedroom was the worst. Make no mistake, we are not a group of old fogies. We are a group of well-seasoned travelers who can party with the best of them, so we tried to make the best of it. We drank and ate well, took medication to aid with sleep, and turned on the fans to block out some of the noise. The music was irritating, but did not become intolerable until New Year's Day. We all stayed up until 6:00 am on New Year's Eve/Day, because we love to party, and because the music was so loud we had no choice. We just rolled with it and had fun. However, the music, which was non-stop techno at a volume so loud it was like having a concert IN THE CONDO, did not stop until 4:00 pm on New Year's Day. NO ONE COULD GO TO SLEEP MUCH LESS RELAX ON THE BEACH THE ENTIRE DAY! PEOPLE CHEERED AND CLAPPED WHEN THE MUSIC FINALLY STOPPED. It was like being on a bad acid trip minus any of the fun, and we paid a premium price...$5,000! Tim assured me he could get this premium price for this week, but funny how the exact same condo next door during this "premium, in-demand week" was vacant the entire time we were there. I understand that the week we were there was a huge party week (Dec. 27-Jan. 2) but the price should be adjusted to compensate for the fact that we missed an entire night and day of relaxation and fun. I sent Tim an e-mail explaining this, and never received a response. It's been six months, so I'm assuming I won't get a response. I had hoped $5,000 would have warranted at least a response. Bummer.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jun 18, 2011
Reasonable expectations are an important part of an enjoyable stay. I am in the vacation rental business in the Smoky Mountains of NC for over 11 years and I certainly know that misleading guests is never a good policy, and it was certainly not what was intended here.

I don't remember if it was the mother or the daughter of this group that I spoke with as I had communicated with members of this group several times, but I specifically told one of them that the New Year's Eve party would last into the next afternoon, as it does every year. I even told her the dance floor would spill out to the water and the morning beach-walkers actually go into the water to go around the dance floor (this doesn't happen any more since the beach was expanded last year). I also mentioned specifically that while I have never seen fights or any situation of drunkenness that would be considered a safety hazard, that she should be prepared to see fully-clothed people passed out or sleeping on the beach the next morning. Many locals come to party that night and can't afford a place to stay or can't find a room, so they spend the night on the beach. Playa regulars know and expect this, as they do with Semana Santa (Holy Week) leading up to Easter. I inform all potential guests of this as there are plenty of folks willing to pay the holiday rates and are coming to be close to all this, so it would make no sense to do otherwise.

By the way, the condo next door is only occupied a few times a year. It is a private, wealthy owner who does not rent it out, ever. It is also notable that I have not raised my rates (ever) even though the neighborhood has been elevated by the addition of El Taj and El Faro, two luxury condo buildings that are driving market prices higher for luxury beachfront properties.
IA
Reviewed February 17, 2011 for a stay in February 2011
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Young singles Friends getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing