“Great Local Artist Gallery”

Riviera Art Gallery
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an art gallery with a new concept located in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The principle objective of this concept is to reconcile the greater public with the art world, to bridge the void, and put it quality art within reach of every collector.We believe that the traditional galleries have closed their doors to new talents. The politics and high prices have distanced the public from something as beautiful and universal as art. We have the ambition to fill this niche by offering our clients original works of art, created by talented artists (young, emerging, established) from all over the world, with different theme and techniques for any particular style, taste and budget--as quality and creativity are the principle characteristics of the work.
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Thankfully off the main drag of touristy establishments, this treasure of a small gallery provided the opportunity to see some local works of art in a very friendly, low key environment. I was in town for a week and kept checking out the competition but in the end came back to this place to purchase a few pieces of art. They were well packaged and sent north, arriving in perfect condidtion. Thank you Vanessa, David & Jonathan!

2  Thank KerryAnnToronto

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Loved the gallery, the art is great and the young woman working there was fantastic. I felt very welcomed and she gave me a lot of background on the artists. I found the prices were excellent. And I bought a great piece for my collection by Daniel Lewis.

1  Thank Bob P
Reviewed July 16, 2011

This art galley was the perfect find for my husband and myself. There were so many unique pieces that symbolized the vibrance of Mexico that we had to bring a piece home with us. The manager of the gallery is also superb and friendly!! What a amazing place and we will be back for sure-and will also shop online.

3  Thank AndreaMorgantown_WV
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I visited this art gallery with another couple while vacationing, we both purchased a piece of Fercho Campero's work and are 100% happy with service and quality. Vanessa was amazing and took the time to explain all about the artists style and where he came from. She packaged our purchases up for the trip home and made sure we were completely happy with our purchases. There was NONE of that pushyness that other places along the avenue might subject you too. The quality of work and service sells itself in her gallery. I highly recommend visiting this place and I can't wait to get back to purchase more pieces.

2  Thank RobertRiley11
See more reviews
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We found this little gallery on our recent trip to Playa and will definitely return on our next trip. The prices were very reasonable - we ended up buying two pieces. Vanessa (owner / director) was VERY easy to work with and let us take our time in deciding whether and what to buy. It was very relaxing to be able to enjoy a visit somewhere, chatting with the owner (and artist that happened to drop in), while trying to decide which piece would be perfect on your wall back home. The pieces
were carefully wrapped so that we could easily and safely bring them home on the plane.

3  Thank JGMartinez