We went here on the basis of TA reviews and had a good experience.
We got a friendly welcome. Initially they got our room wrong (one bed rather than two) but this was corrected immediately. The location off 5th is a good one for strolling around the main tourist areas, getting to decent places to eat and hitting all the decent night spots in town.
The room (2nd floor corner) was very comfortable, spacious and clean. The hot tub in the room didn't work but that didn't particularly bother us. Water pressure was good.
The included breakfast was 'continental'; the jam and coffee is fine but you will be dissapointed if you have a big appetite. Service was relaxed and efficient.
The roof top bar was good for casual drinks during the day and a few relaxed starter drinks in the evening. There is a night on Thursday's which was not busy at 10pm-11pm when we left to try somewhere else but apparently it warmed up a bit later. The pool on the roof looks nice but is not practical for swimming. There is room to lounge about in there if you need to cool down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel. Bohemian style. 23 Suites. Junior and master with Jacuzzi and terrace. Excelent location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Be Playa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Playa Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Be Playa Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico