“Great place!”

bsweeney4@yahoo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have eaten at PapaCharly's before. Was great then, still great. We had 11 in our group on 2-24-2014. We had reservations as we were a big group. Our table was ready when we arrived. We brought our own wine, they charge a corking fee of 50 pesos for each bottle they uncork. The bottles were uncorked and and left on the table for our pouring. Our orders were taken by our names in order to receive separate bills. Separate bills seem to be an oddity in Mexco so this was nice to have them do our bills this way. The food was outstanding. We were even brought special bruscheta type bread along with their regular rolls, a very nice touch. The salads were beautiful and tasty and easy could feed 3 people, as we were informed. The pasta is made as you order, so freshness and care is the best. Our entire group was thrilled by their meals. I know mine and hubbys was excellent. He got the lagsane and I got fettacinni carbonara, so good we ate every morsel! This should be on everyone's list when they visit Playa del Carmen!

1 Thank Mexisv

Calgary, Alberta
“Above & Beyond ”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

First of all everyone should know pesos only at papas. No credit card! The only reason I'm not giving this place 5 out of 5 is probably due to the fact that where we come from things may be a bit quicker and a bit of a better venue. Should I be deducting points based on culture or the city it's in? Probably not! All I have to say is this was the best Italian food I have ever ever had. I don't think I will ever be able to eat at another Boston pizza or east side Mario's ever again! By the end of the meal we embarrassingly realized it was cash only. The owner drove us back to our hotel and waited while we got the rest of the money. He was beyond happy to do this for us. What amazing hospitality!

Lenexa, Kansas
“Pasta that feels like home!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I stopped into Papa Charly's last time we were in Playa. She had told me about this place so we grabbed a cab from 5th and Juarez and off we went. First of all don't let the dinning room fool you. Papa knows how to bring the pasta wine and atmosphere to the table. The bread was spot on we had the Caesar salad to start, awesome and different one of the best i have had. For dinner we had the Lasagna with red sauce. OMG! So good it will make your mouth do a happy dance! Can't wait to see you again Papa.

1 Thank shane c
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“The Best Ever”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Some of the best pasta in PDC. All homemade and awesome. Try the Papa Charley Cannelloni . A little out of the way, but worth it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sask_Bluesman
“Just great pasta !”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you are looking for a simple but excellent meal ... this place will not disappoint ! In our two weeks visit - I went 4 times - that's how good it was. I had different pastas every times - ALL were excellent ! Highly recommend this place ... owner is a great guy !

1 Thank Armelroy