“Outstanding food, outstanding service at an extremely reasonable price”

PapaCharly Pasta Factory
Ranked #43 of 1,397 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Argentinean, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Papa Charly is a small place on a side street with charm and fantastic food. It is all home made on the spot. It is one of the best lasagna I have ever tasted (everywhere I go around the world for work or pleasure I look for Italian food), this place come up on top. I have been there twice and every time it is great food. The owner Papa Charly's son is a great host and pays attention to all the customers. You can bring your wine and enjoy the best Italian food you you probably ever tasted. They speak very good english as well. If you are looking for a great evening with friends, fantastic food and very inexpensive you must go there. We are here for another 3 weeks and we will be going several times. Can't say enough about the food, thank you for a super evening.
John with the blue shirt

1  Thank GatineauJeanB

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Was taken to papa's by PDC friends- out of the way- but worth it! Amazing pasta and very friendly service

1  Thank ManitobaCanadaCanuck
Reviewed February 15, 2014

They have changed the name to Papacharly pastas in memory of former owner who passed away. It is still run by his family serving the same delicious pasta dishes. We had a group of 6 each with a different dish and all enjoyed. The portions are huge so several had take home for the next.
We go here every year and appreciate the quality and service. As Papa Charly used to say u want quick go to mcdonalds. Prices are 70 to 100 pesos for dinner. For two with a couple of drinks each price was well under 400.

2  Thank woodwork29
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We chose this restaurant based on reviews on Trip Advisor and boy were we satisfied, the address is a little tricky so finding it was a bit of adventure but it was worth it. My wife had a fantastic meal of spinach ravioli (we finished the next day) and I had the lasagna which was a wonderful huge portion. The service was great, but don;t expect much in the way of atmosphere. (Plastic tables and chairs) It was modestly priced and we will return again, don't miss this..............
The address is nearer 25 calle rather than 30th.

2  Thank Iowablonde
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Visited with friends who requested vegetarian lasagna for my wife and I
They made it and it was awesome. We love this place
I am sure we'll be back