“Friendly service, food was average.”
Review of La Mission

La Mission
Ranked #130 of 1,425 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The popular Cozumel Restaurants Casa Mission, La Mission and Parilla Mission have brought their concept to Playa del Carmen. La Mission offers generous portions of seafood, steaks and Mexican specialities at affordable prices. And their "If you don't like it, you don't pay it" slogan is hard to beat. Proof of this is the preference of locals and visitors.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

After a long day exploring Playa, I stumbled into the first place I could find. Will I return? Only if a friend wants a low-cost lobster or steak.
The menu lists many four star dishes, that I didn't try; I love TACOS. First I ordered the Lima Sopa (lime soup), another favortio of mine. I'd truly give that 2 stars. It was bland and filled with very soggy tortillas. The best Lima sopa has a strong lime flavor, mas pollo y slightly crunchy chips.
Pollo tacos were next on my menu. The chicken was flavored well with onion and garlic. No extra onions, cabbage or salsa.
I enjoyed the atmosphere and service. They even gave me a free small serving of flan. Muchas Gracias. After shopping at the local Costco like bulk grocery store, Aki, i decided this must be where La Mission got their horchata.
People do seem to love it there, so if you're looking for a fancy restaurant at Mexican prices, I am certain you'll be pleased. Tacos? Lime Soup? Horchata? I have other places in mind.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

What a great find! Recommended by our Concierge! Great food with awesome value and the staff wanted each customer to have An incredible experience!! We had the best Shrimp/Fish Ceviche that I have ever had. The Lobster was cooked to perfection and delicious! We will go back when we are in Playa Del Carmen!

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband eat in La Mission in our honey moon vacation and it was fantastic! The dishes are very big and tasty and the waiters are very kind. And in addition to all that the place is very beautiful!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Staff was very friendly and happy to converse in English, which was nice. For$25 seafood plater included soup, nice fish filet, lobster tail, 5 shrimp, vegetables and rice plus a desert to share. We really enjoyed the meal. Advise make a reservation in the evening. We would go back again.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I have been to La Mission on a few previous visits to Playa Del Carmen and this year we brought our 12 year old daughter along twice! We were on a 10 day vacation to an all-inclusive resort and we made the trip into town on our first day and one other night. Our first dinner was to celebrate my husband’s 50th birthday and my daughter’s first time here. As with most meals there, they brought us out the best guacamole and salsa with chips. This was followed by the most incredible lime soup, which is included with most meals. Then we shared the coconut shrimp and Mexican sampler. The shrimp is by far the best I have had and the sampler is a perfect appetizer to share. I had the fish special of the night which was grouper Veracruz, my daughter had the chicken fajitas and my husband had what he always has, the beef brochette. Most of the meals are served on large oval shaped turkey platters. On our second visit we had the usual starters – LOVE the guacamole – and I had the best ever surf and turf, my daughter the filet mignon and my husband had his usual. The steak was cooked as ordered and was scrumptious as was the grilled lobster tail. The meals come with vegetables, baked potato and rice. The prices and quality at La Mission are beyond compare. I cannot say enough about the staff here, they are all excellent. We recommend this place all the time and look forward to seeing the crew again in April!