“Decent food for the price ” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Mission

La Mission
Reserve with OpenTable
La Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,217 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, Soups, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The popular Cozumel Restaurants Casa Mission, La Mission and Parilla Mission have brought their concept to Playa del Carmen. La Mission offers generous portions of seafood, steaks and Mexican specialities at affordable prices. And their "If you don't like it, you don't pay it" slogan is hard to beat. Proof of this is the preference of locals and visitors.
“Decent food for the price ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I visited La Mission on a Sunday evening with my daughter. Bottom line: decent food, decent service, and decent prices, but not worth going out of your way to try.

The details:

Atmosphere: Pretty casual. Open-air restaurant. Pretty warm the night we were there, but when they turned on the big fans, it was comfortable enough. There were only three other parties there; a couple with a toddler, a group of 8 women, and one older couple. In other words, all types of diners were to be seen. 3 out of 5 stars.

Service: Our waiter's passable English plus my small bit of Spanish made communication easy. We did not feel rushed, nor did we have to wait forever to get his attention when we needed anything. 4 out of 5 stars.

Food: Upon sitting down and ordering our drinks, we were served complementary chips and guacamole, along with fresh pico de gallo. While not the best guacamole I've ever had, it was fresh and tasty. My daughter ordered a lemonade, which was squeezed fresh and reportedly "delicious."

We both started with soup, lime for me, tortilla for her. If you do nothing else here, get the lime soup. It was by far the best part of the meal. The tortilla soup was average, at best.

For my entrée, I ordered the garlic shrimp. It was passable, but nothing I'd order again. The dish consisted of 8 or so large, butterflyed shrimp, with a small baked potato and rice on the side. There just was not enough flavor in the dish for my taste.

My daughter ordered chicken enchiladas, which were pretty standard fare.

3.5 out of 5 stars, with the .5 being added for that yummy lime soup.

Total experience: All in all, nothing that would make me go out of my way to return again. However, were I in the immediate area and hungry, I wouldn't hesitate to eat here again. 3 out of 5 stars.

• Polish first
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good was wonderful, the gardens neat and clean, the service was top notched! The drinks were good, not watered down. Great food at a great price.

Visited May 2013
Puebla, Mexico
“Don´t Miss the Lobster and the mayan fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

All things that we tried were incredible. The food was super fresh. The decoration is not the best but the place is clean and the service and cooking was excellent, we tried lobster shrimp and the fish (that I cannot write or spell the name) was outstanding

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Worth, Texas
“La Mission tradition continues”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

This week, my wife and I had a wonderful experience at La Mission. Having stayed in Cozumel several times, the original Mission is a favorite of ours. We were delighted to find the PDC location.

The tortilla-lime soup starter was absolutely wonderful. I'm not usually a big soup eater, but I found myself soaking up the last of the bowl with the wonderful garlic bread. I could have made of meal of this wonderful concoction.

My wife order the pollo al la Mexicana and I order the surf and turf. Our entrees arrived with stunning presentation and mouth watering aroma. My wife's chicken was well seasoned, according to her, positively delicious. I'm kind of a foodie and my surf and turf was one of the best meals of my life. The bacon wrapped steak was perfectly prepared, tender, with incredible flavor. The lobster tail was probably the best lobster I've ever had. With the toasted garlic in olive oil and rarified butter to dress the meal, this was one of the best meals of my life. I would have gladly paid 3 times the cost of this meal.

La Mission has had a personal tradition of excellence with me and the PDC location continues the relationship. Well Done...simply Well Done.

• Visited May 2013
madison, al
“Really Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Seafood platter was excellent and a good value. So is the Italian white wine We loved the Lemon Soup too.
Four of us each had a different meal and no one was Good food and good service.

Visited May 2013