“Rumbled in the Jungle!”
Review of Local Quickies

Local Quickies
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 30 years of local experience, we are qualified to show you the Riviera Maya like nobody else can. Your local Quickie will take you to places that are hidden gems off the beaten tourist track and fill you with knowledge and fun that only a local can. Our signature tour (which is NOT PRIVATE) is what has made us famous as it is a land and sea based experience that nobody else can offer. We also specialize in private charters on multiple vessels of many sizes for weddings, rehearsal parties, corporate events, birthdays, baptisms, anniversaries or just for fun. Feel free to come as a guest and leave as a friend. Direct bookings only as you will not find any information about us at your hotels. Allow us the privilege to earn your trust and exceed your expectations.Happy sailing!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a great time out with you guys last week! Ziplines were all nice and safe. all equipment was in great shape. Platforms were safe and in condition. Felt safe the entire time. The Cenotes were fabulous as well! I wish the wind would have been in our favor. I would have loved to do the golden ticket tour. There maybe a next time. Derrick was a top notch tour guide!

1  Thank Rich B

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Super friendly guides, awesome swimming and sailing with cocktails to top it off. The guides have excelent knowledge of the area and speak execelent English.

1  Thank DanW135
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked this tour before we left for vacation. Amy was great at answering all my questions and concerns. She even explained that if the weather was bad, we would get a full refund! Amy did email me a few days before our scheduled tour date and asked if we could reschedule our tour date to a day earlier. The surf was going to be rougher and she didn't want us to have anything but the best possible experience. The tour was great. We saw sea turtles and even a sting ray. We also swam in two different cenotes had an authentic Mexican lunch, followed by an amazing catamaran ride. It was great to know we were supporting an independent company instead of one that was affiliated with one of the huge corporate resorts. Hector and Alex were great tour guides and always happy to answer questions and explain things. One of the best things was that this company keeps its numbers of participants very low so that you feel as if it is almost a private tour. When we return to this area again we will definitely book with local quickies.

2  Thank Donna L
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We booked the tour the week we arrived, we had been researching before we left and had hummed and hahhed a little about what we wanted to do. We were SO SO happy with our decisions to book with Local Quickies. The signature tour was just want a group of girls needed! The day felt like it blew by because we had such a great time. All the staff was amazing, friendly, knowledgeable, and very accommodating. I loved that they took pictures for us throughout the entire day so we didn't need to worry about carrying around cameras. The end of the day boat cruise was fantastic and we had a blast. I would recommend the tour to anyone I knew going to the area, and will do it again when I return. I think it is wonderful that they cater to all age groups, families, and couples.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm going to warn you that this is turned out to be an essay, so I apologize for the length..but I just could not stop writing about our experience! This is my attempt in summarizing this incredible day!

By far THE most fun I've had in a long time!! Definitely the highlight of our trip to Mexico!! I strongly urge you to not even bother continuing with reading the rest of this review and just go straight to their site to book! You will not be disappointed! And if you are...something is seriously wrong..and you should probably seek medical attention for that. No offense..but I just cannot see how anyone would have anything negative to say about this excursion!?

From my initial contact with Amy to book the trip..I knew we were making the right decision. She was very prompt with her correspondence with me and was very accommodating..considering I only emailed her a few days before we arrived in Mexico. She even gave us the option of doing the tour with all couples or families..which I thought was a very thoughtful option! The transaction was very smooth and easy to complete.

We were scheduled to get picked up at our resort at 8 am and the bus driver was on time. He was super friendly and tried to engage in conversation and answer as much of our questions, even though he spoke little English. We felt very comfortable and safe with our driver. We then picked up two other couples from two different resorts and drove to Capt Quickies office where we met Amy. Amy was super friendly and gave us a little history on their company. She was super sweet! She asked if we had towels and when we told her that our resort didn’t have any available at the time we were leaving..she provided us with a couple of their own. She then introduced us to a few of the “local quickies” who would be accompanying us on this trip. We had the pleasure of hanging out with Alex and EZ! Super awesome guys and very knowledgeable! They really do stick to their slogan, ‘not a tour..just hanging with friends who happen to be locals’. They were both so down to earth and easy to talk to! I definitely didn’t feel like a tourist hanging with these guys!

Our first stop was Akumal beach to swim with the turtles! AMAZING!! Beautiful beach! We only had to snorkel a small distance before we saw many turtles and sting rays! And of course, a lot of different types of fish. All the while, Alex and EZ were right there with us making sure we were ok and that our gear was working properly. We stayed here for a couple of hours I’d say..but I can’t be certain. Who wears a watch while on vacation anyway??

We left Akumal and headed to Yal Ku. I have never seen anything like this place before! GORGEOUS! Yal Ku is a lagoon, where fresh water and salt water meets. There was some amazing snorkeling to be done here..and cool canyons you can swim through!! SUPER COOL! We could’ve stayed here all day!! So beautiful!! And there are so many different, colored fishes to see. And Alex and EZ made sure made sure to point out all the little cool places to swim through..they were so awesome!
When we left Yal Ku, we went to a cenote. Here, we met the other two groups who would be later joining us on the catamaran. We had this whole place to ourselves! Here was probably some of the most clear snorkeling I have ever done! There were platforms here too where they encouraged you to jump off of to get into the cenote. But if you aren’t a daredevil like myself, there’s a ladder there that takes you right into the water. As well, there’s a cave below the platforms that you can swim a short distance into apparently. I really enjoyed swimming here! Enjoyed it so much that we didn’t hear our group announce they were leaving! Lol Alex had to come back and get us. Thankfully, the group we were in were a good bunch and didn’t seemed phased about us being tardy getting back to the van.

When we left the cenote, all three groups met up for lunch at a local restaurant called, ‘The Palapa’, where we got to feast on authentic local Mexican tacos. We had the choice of either fish or chicken. I read so many great reviews about the fish tacos so I went with that. My bf went with the chicken, so I was able to try it and I found that both were equally pretty good!

After lunch was catamaran time! We drove to Talum beach which was probably the nicest beach we saw in Mexico yet! And we visited beaches in Mayan Riviera, Playa del Carmen and Cancun. At this beach was where we met Captain Quickie. We did not get a chance to meet him earlier with Amy as he was on ‘daddy duties’. Quickie was very down to earth and made everyone feel as if he had been friends with them for a while. We walked down to the beach, where he encouraged us to walk bare feet as the sand here doesn`t get hot. He went on to inform us that the sand was actually made up of crushed seashells and coral. So soft and fine on our feet..very cool! This beach makes for a pretty cool backdrop, so bring a camera! Some of the Mayan Ruins are visible from the beach..you will definitely want to take pictures! When everyone arrived, it was finally time to get on the small fishing boats which took us to the largest catamaran in the Caribbean! This catamaran was incredible! Like the other reviews mentioned, this catamaran could hold 120 ppl and there were maybe 30 with our group! That’s with probably counting the crew members. Very intimate. Once everyone was on board, Captain Quickie introduced us to each of his `local quickies` and gave us a brief history of his relationship with each of them, which I thought was very thoughtful of him! He also went over some safety guidelines...then it was time to unwind from all the activities of the day and have a great time! Quickie put on some music and we started the sail! The whole crew was fantastic! They all carried on a conversation with everyone and all the while made sure they were attending to anything we wanted and also made sure that everyone was having a great time! These guys are real good people! And we genuinely enjoyed our time hanging out with all of them! I’m pretty sure we were on the catamaran for 3-4 hours! We saw dolphins and we picked up a couple of men, from where it seems was the middle of the ocean, who brought some lobsters on to the catamaran. I cannot think of a better way to end a spectacular day! Trust me, you need to experience this for yourself! This review really is not doing this excursion any justice! We had a ball!! These guys definitely know how to have a good time! We had so much fun that we did not want to get off the catamaran when the sail was over! Haha My boyfriend, myself and another couple were probably still on the catamaran for another 15 minutes after everyone else had gotten off! We just did not want the day to end!! 

If I could give these guys a 10 star rating I would not hesitate to do it! This was one of the best days I’ve had in a while! We will definitely be paying Capt Quickie and his local quickies a visit when we come back to Mexico! Thanks for showing us the highlights of Mexico Capt Quickie!! You, Amy and your crew are so lucky to be doing what you do for a living!!! You all do such a phenomenal job! Hope to see you guys in the very near future!! LOVED YOU GUYS!!!

2  Thank Krizzy26