“LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVEEEEEE!!!!!!!”

$175.00*
and up
Signature Tour in Playa del Carmen: Snorkeling, Cenote and Catamaran
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 30 years of local experience, we are qualified to show you the Riviera Maya like nobody else can. Your local Quickie will take you to places that are hidden gems off the beaten tourist track and fill you with knowledge and fun that only a local can. Our signature tour (which is NOT PRIVATE) is what has made us famous as it is a land and sea based experience that nobody else can offer. We also specialize in private charters on multiple vessels of many sizes for weddings, rehearsal parties, corporate events, birthdays, baptisms, anniversaries or just for fun. Feel free to come as a guest and leave as a friend. Direct bookings only as you will not find any information about us at your hotels. Allow us the privilege to earn your trust and exceed your expectations.Happy sailing!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Saint John
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVEEEEEE!!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm going to warn you that this is turned out to be an essay, so I apologize for the length..but I just could not stop writing about our experience! This is my attempt in summarizing this incredible day!

By far THE most fun I've had in a long time!! Definitely the highlight of our trip to Mexico!! I strongly urge you to not even bother continuing with reading the rest of this review and just go straight to their site to book! You will not be disappointed! And if you are...something is seriously wrong..and you should probably seek medical attention for that. No offense..but I just cannot see how anyone would have anything negative to say about this excursion!?

From my initial contact with Amy to book the trip..I knew we were making the right decision. She was very prompt with her correspondence with me and was very accommodating..considering I only emailed her a few days before we arrived in Mexico. She even gave us the option of doing the tour with all couples or families..which I thought was a very thoughtful option! The transaction was very smooth and easy to complete.

We were scheduled to get picked up at our resort at 8 am and the bus driver was on time. He was super friendly and tried to engage in conversation and answer as much of our questions, even though he spoke little English. We felt very comfortable and safe with our driver. We then picked up two other couples from two different resorts and drove to Capt Quickies office where we met Amy. Amy was super friendly and gave us a little history on their company. She was super sweet! She asked if we had towels and when we told her that our resort didn’t have any available at the time we were leaving..she provided us with a couple of their own. She then introduced us to a few of the “local quickies” who would be accompanying us on this trip. We had the pleasure of hanging out with Alex and EZ! Super awesome guys and very knowledgeable! They really do stick to their slogan, ‘not a tour..just hanging with friends who happen to be locals’. They were both so down to earth and easy to talk to! I definitely didn’t feel like a tourist hanging with these guys!

Our first stop was Akumal beach to swim with the turtles! AMAZING!! Beautiful beach! We only had to snorkel a small distance before we saw many turtles and sting rays! And of course, a lot of different types of fish. All the while, Alex and EZ were right there with us making sure we were ok and that our gear was working properly. We stayed here for a couple of hours I’d say..but I can’t be certain. Who wears a watch while on vacation anyway??

We left Akumal and headed to Yal Ku. I have never seen anything like this place before! GORGEOUS! Yal Ku is a lagoon, where fresh water and salt water meets. There was some amazing snorkeling to be done here..and cool canyons you can swim through!! SUPER COOL! We could’ve stayed here all day!! So beautiful!! And there are so many different, colored fishes to see. And Alex and EZ made sure made sure to point out all the little cool places to swim through..they were so awesome!
When we left Yal Ku, we went to a cenote. Here, we met the other two groups who would be later joining us on the catamaran. We had this whole place to ourselves! Here was probably some of the most clear snorkeling I have ever done! There were platforms here too where they encouraged you to jump off of to get into the cenote. But if you aren’t a daredevil like myself, there’s a ladder there that takes you right into the water. As well, there’s a cave below the platforms that you can swim a short distance into apparently. I really enjoyed swimming here! Enjoyed it so much that we didn’t hear our group announce they were leaving! Lol Alex had to come back and get us. Thankfully, the group we were in were a good bunch and didn’t seemed phased about us being tardy getting back to the van.

When we left the cenote, all three groups met up for lunch at a local restaurant called, ‘The Palapa’, where we got to feast on authentic local Mexican tacos. We had the choice of either fish or chicken. I read so many great reviews about the fish tacos so I went with that. My bf went with the chicken, so I was able to try it and I found that both were equally pretty good!

After lunch was catamaran time! We drove to Talum beach which was probably the nicest beach we saw in Mexico yet! And we visited beaches in Mayan Riviera, Playa del Carmen and Cancun. At this beach was where we met Captain Quickie. We did not get a chance to meet him earlier with Amy as he was on ‘daddy duties’. Quickie was very down to earth and made everyone feel as if he had been friends with them for a while. We walked down to the beach, where he encouraged us to walk bare feet as the sand here doesn`t get hot. He went on to inform us that the sand was actually made up of crushed seashells and coral. So soft and fine on our feet..very cool! This beach makes for a pretty cool backdrop, so bring a camera! Some of the Mayan Ruins are visible from the beach..you will definitely want to take pictures! When everyone arrived, it was finally time to get on the small fishing boats which took us to the largest catamaran in the Caribbean! This catamaran was incredible! Like the other reviews mentioned, this catamaran could hold 120 ppl and there were maybe 30 with our group! That’s with probably counting the crew members. Very intimate. Once everyone was on board, Captain Quickie introduced us to each of his `local quickies` and gave us a brief history of his relationship with each of them, which I thought was very thoughtful of him! He also went over some safety guidelines...then it was time to unwind from all the activities of the day and have a great time! Quickie put on some music and we started the sail! The whole crew was fantastic! They all carried on a conversation with everyone and all the while made sure they were attending to anything we wanted and also made sure that everyone was having a great time! These guys are real good people! And we genuinely enjoyed our time hanging out with all of them! I’m pretty sure we were on the catamaran for 3-4 hours! We saw dolphins and we picked up a couple of men, from where it seems was the middle of the ocean, who brought some lobsters on to the catamaran. I cannot think of a better way to end a spectacular day! Trust me, you need to experience this for yourself! This review really is not doing this excursion any justice! We had a ball!! These guys definitely know how to have a good time! We had so much fun that we did not want to get off the catamaran when the sail was over! Haha My boyfriend, myself and another couple were probably still on the catamaran for another 15 minutes after everyone else had gotten off! We just did not want the day to end!! 

If I could give these guys a 10 star rating I would not hesitate to do it! This was one of the best days I’ve had in a while! We will definitely be paying Capt Quickie and his local quickies a visit when we come back to Mexico! Thanks for showing us the highlights of Mexico Capt Quickie!! You, Amy and your crew are so lucky to be doing what you do for a living!!! You all do such a phenomenal job! Hope to see you guys in the very near future!! LOVED YOU GUYS!!!

2 Thank Krizzy26

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day with Local Quickies”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is my first ever review in trip advisor but seeing as though I rely on it a great deal when planning vacations I really wanted to share the experience my family had with Local Quickies.

First off the booking process couldn't have been easier. After filling out the form on their website I was quickly contacted by Amy via email and made all the arrangements. When making the booking we had the option of paying a %15 deposit up front (PayPal) and then paying balance in cash the day of the tour or pre-paying the entire amount at the time of the booking through PayPal with a %5 fee ( To pre-pay the entire amount I think they needed the money at least 7 days before our tour).

The only real hiccup that we had with the tour happened early on when we realized that the was a mix up regarding the hotel we were staying at. We were at Dreams Riviera Cancun, in Puerto Morelas, and Amy thought we were at Dreams Riviera Maya in Puerto Adventuras which is a block away from their shop. We didn't realize the mixup until 8:15 on the day of the tour and after talking to Quickie on the phone we hopped in a cab and got to the shop around 9:30. When we arrived Quickie we met by Quickie who was very apologetic for the mixup and offered to pay for the cab ride ($60 USD). At that point I wasn't sure who was responsible for the mixup so I offered to split the cab cost with him. We were scheduled to be with another family of 3 for the day but when we were late arriving Quickie shuffled the groups around and we ended up on a private tour with Derrick. Derrick has been living in the area for the last 18 months and it was great to get to know him throughout the day. He was especially good with the kids

We started out snorkelling at Turtle Bay in Akumal where we saw a number of sea turtles, stingrays and tropical fish. My kids (8 and 10) were initially having trouble with the snorkels, as it was their first time using them, but Derrick was very patient and managed to get them comfortable in the water. Next it was off to snorkel in a natural aquarium and then a swim/cliff jump in a nearby cenote. We spent about an hour at each spot but it didn't feel rushed at all. We then stopped at at a small restaurant for a lunch of chicken fajitas and fish tacos. The meal was great outside of me opting for the "mexican salad" (salsa) with chopped habaneros instead of the one without.

After lunch it was about a 15 minute ride to the beach at Tulum. I have been to a lot of beaches but this was probably the nicest I have ever been on. White sand and crystal clear water. We boarded a small boat on the beach and headed out to the catamaran. Although the morning was filled with some great stops the 3 hour sailing on the catamaran was the the highlight of the day. The crew was fantastic and I don't think I ever went more than 5 minutes without one of them asking me if I needed anything. The kids spent most of the trip hanging out at the front of the boat on the trampolines just looking over the front getting splashed everytime we hit a bigger wave. When the weather turned a bit colder about 2 hours in Derrick even gave them each a long sleeve shirt he had with him because we didn't have anymore dry clothes for them. Once we arrived back at Puerto Adventuras Quickie arranged transportation for us back to the resort at no charge (even though this is typically an additional cost according to their website). He also remembered a conversation he and my wife had earlier in the day and gave her a branch of aloe to take back to the hotel and treat her sunburn from the day before. Derrick was snapping pictures all day on his go pro camera and will be posting them for us to download on their facebook page at no extra charge. It was all the little personal touches like this that made this this tour so memorable and special compared to the typical tours that are offered by the resorts. If we ever find ourselves back in this part of Mexico there is no doubt we will be booking another tour with Local Quickies.

4 Thank JeffKu
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fantastico -- Local Quickies was the best time of our trip!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked online from our hotel two days before the day of the tour-- Amy was very friendly and quick to respond, I paid via PayPal but I would recommend booking a little ahead of time- I paid a 5% fee for the last minute booking.

The morning of the tour arrived and Derek (our guide for the day) came to our hotel right on time. Derek was a great guide-- full of energy, great local info and really awful jokes! :)

This is not your touristy overly-commercialized tour, people. This is a one-of-a-kind FULL day tour-- almost 8 hours total.

I'm not going to describe the actual tour stops-- you can read that on Quickies website-- it is just as described.

What I want to talk about is the energy that Derek, Quickie and the whole crew of the catamaran gave to everyone that day. It was infectious-- everyone enjoyed themselves. No doubt.

Don't hesitate to take this tour-- yeah, it is a little pricey but you get an all day tour of several different places you wouldn't visit yourself. Guaranteed.

Thanks Quickie, thanks Derek and thanks to your whole crew for a wonderful experience.

3 Thank Stasia70
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My wedding rehearsal party cruise with Quickie”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have to say, one of the best days of our entire wedding trip was on quickies 65 foot catamaran. I knew the boat type and how nice it would be, but quickie likes to hangout with everyone and make them feel at home, his staff makes everyone laugh, and was really fun to talk to and ask questions and stuff, if was giant party. The bartender, captain, and all the help we all knew by name by the end of four hours and we were constantly laughing, quickie was great with helping us give a speech on a microphone, provided us with more fun music when we ran out, and would stop and start the boat, or change it up when we were feeling something else. he even takes pics the whole time which is great because you don't even notice. I left feeling like family as did everyone else. This crew is how every boat trip should be, I can't recommend these guys enough. We will definitely be back. quickie even checked his weather charts to make sure our wedding day would have good weather and checked up on us after to make sure he was right. Sunny day! I cant say enough about amy, quickie and the crew. you cant go wrong with these guys. we all left the boat laughing and smiling..

see you guys soon!

1 Thank Andy M
Frisco, Texas
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The staff really made this an amazing experience for our entire family”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was the most awesome tour! We did the signature tour but found out, just as we were about to leave, that weather conditions were not going to allow us to do the catamaran or snorkel with the turtles. Captain Quickie and his staff bent over backwards to ensure we not only had a great day full of fun activities that day, but they rescheduled the turtles and catamaran to the next day. We had originally had a day planned at Dolphinaris for the day we rescheduled the catamaran and turtle too but hanging out with the locals has it's perks. Although we called and tried to reschedule our tour at Dolphinaris, they informed us we were not able to reschedule as the remaining day we had available was already fully booked. One of our Quickie tour guides called Dolphinaris and worked it out with someone he knew personally to get us rescheduled to a different day so we were able to enjoy 2 days with our Local Quickies and a day at Dolphinaris. How is that for service?

The Cenote was way more fun than I thought it would be and so refreshing! My kids went snorkeling for the first time (they swim really well) and they did a fantastic job. The tour guides really took the time to try to find turtles and point them out to the group. You can tell they love their job and work well together. One of the tour guides really connected with my son and made sure he had a blast - he even spent time at the front of the catamaran showing him how to spot where we were going and gave him background information about everything we did to ensure he was interested and had a great time. We have been on a lot of tours and your tour guide really makes a big difference. These folks are the best - it's all the little things they do to ensure you have an excellent adventure. We recommend them to anyone who has a day to spend in the area.

Visited June 2012