“Highlight of Our Trip”

$175.00*
and up
Signature Tour in Playa del Carmen: Snorkeling, Cenote and Catamaran
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 30 years of local experience, we are qualified to show you the Riviera Maya like nobody else can. Your local Quickie will take you to places that are hidden gems off the beaten tourist track and fill you with knowledge and fun that only a local can. Our signature tour (which is NOT PRIVATE) is what has made us famous as it is a land and sea based experience that nobody else can offer. We also specialize in private charters on multiple vessels of many sizes for weddings, rehearsal parties, corporate events, birthdays, baptisms, anniversaries or just for fun. Feel free to come as a guest and leave as a friend. Direct bookings only as you will not find any information about us at your hotels. Allow us the privilege to earn your trust and exceed your expectations.Happy sailing!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Winnipeg, Canada
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Highlight of Our Trip”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently came home from a trip to Mexico where we stayed at Gran Bahia Principe Coba with 5 other friends. We booked the catamaran excursion through Local Quickies and winced a little at the price, but since it sounded so much better than other companies we did it anyway.

By far this was the absolute highlight of our entire trip, hands down. We were greeted by Derek at our hotel (we paid the extra $10 for pick up/drop off) and from the start we knew we were in for an awesome day. He was friendly, funny, and extremely knowledgeable about the area.

Our first stop at Akumal Beach for snorkeling with sea turtles was sheer perfection. I especially appreciated Derek's attention to the environment and his specific instructions so we didn't disturb any of the ecosystem. Our second stop was Yal-Ku lagoon where we snorkeled through really neat rock formations and saw all kinds of cool fish. I will say if you are not a strong snorkeler (like me) it was challenging at times, but a neat experience. Our last stop before the catamaran was a beautiful secluded cenote (fresh water) where we got to snorkel and swim.

Lunch was FANTASTIC. Actually probably the best meal of our trip. We stopped in a little town (I wish for the life of me I could remember the name!) and had fresh fish or chicken tacos with tortillas and salsa...spectacular.

Lastly, the catamaran tour was pure heaven. The open bar was a little too open and I probably drank more than my fair share but that's what vacations are for, right?? We were treated like royalty and they do not lie when they tell you that your small group (there were only 14 of us) will have the entire boat to yourselves.

This day was more than we could have ever imagined and I would strongly recommend it to anyone traveling to Mexico!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kristin H

Syracuse, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Amazing even for Elders AND kids with special need!! ^^”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is little overdue review! (I apologize! Too many things going on for a single mom!)

My tour was December 2012.
My parents (65, 71), my daughter (6) and I took the signature tour and my parents also went for their zipline tour as well.

It was our first trip to Mexico and the first Beach vacation in 20 some years (plus, first one ever for my little one) so I wanted something extraordinary, amazing experience for my family for this very special trip. So... I chose the Local Quickies based on the TA revews.

And WOW! I sure made the BEST CHOICE EVER!

When they say 'traveling with friends, they REALLY mean that!.

Unfortunately, my daughter got the worst flu ever most of the vacation, I had to constantly postpone my tour at the last minute but Amy (Angel!! I fell in love with her (as a friend of course ^^) even before I went to Mexico) was more concerned about my daughter's condition than my last-minute cancellations.

We finally made out to our tour towards the end of our vacation.
The biggest thing I was concerned about this trip was my daughter with dev. Disability.

My daughter, 6, has Autism and she doesn't know how to swim. So, Amy and Cpt. Quickie (her husband) arranged TWO Amazing guides especially for us (ONLY 4 in our party)

Our guides were Javier and EZ and I'm telling you, they are the BEST GUIDES IN THE WORLD!! It was like hanging out with cool, funny, caring and thoughtful local friends.

Javier was the main guide, He is amazing! He is extremely energetic, funny, knowledgeable, fluent in English, and super caring.

EZ was simply Awesome! He's the one who took care of my daughter throughout the tour. It was like he was my daughter's own personal guide. EZ is SUPER SWEET~, Extremely Gentle, caring with my daughter, who often feels uneasy with strangers. After just few min. with EZ, my daughter was smiling already. Without EZ, I couldn't have enjoyed or even participated any of the tour activities. I felt totally comfortable and safe to leave her alone with him.

During our YalKu Lagoon and Akumal snorkeling with turtle, my daughter was able to stay with us, enjoying her 'Tube' ride by EZ. She was thrilled to see a wild turtle when it peeked its head on the surface of the ocean.

As for the tour itself:

YALKU Lagoon: not as many as fish I was hoping, not too clear but still a cool experience (must be the weather). This was my first time snorkeling but with help of these wonderful friends/guides, it didn't take me too long to enjoy it. YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO SWIM for this tour. Just hold on to the floating block Javier is holding, and just look down, you'll enjoy it!

AKUMAL: awesome, we spotted 3 turtles, although the water wasn't too calm (we picked a not-so-good day, very cloudy and windy), it was still an amazing experience.

CENOTE: Incredible! I just can't describe in one word.. My favorite part of the tour. Crystal clear, calm water with the most beautiful underwater view... I even jumped off the cliff for the first time in my life. It was my first cenote experience and I can't wait to go to other ones. It was truly the most amazing experience I've ever had.. It was just so peaceful and beautiful to look at under the cenote. I felt like I was a mermaid (^_^).

PHOTO: Throughout the tour, Javier took our pictures in & out of water. Although the pic quality isn't the best, if you think about how other tour company sell the photo at ridiculous price, it's just great that they take your pictures for you for the memories.

CATAMARAN ride: What a beauty. However, we chose a bad day to go for it. Very windy and no sunshine at all. Because of the wind, I even got dumped on with lots of sea water and got soaked, my brand-new camera got wet too (although it's working, I get an error message often LOL!) And I went downhill afterwards.. having a very bad sea-sick.. I had to lie down throughout my ride unfortunately. BUT, DON'T get this scare you, it was a windy day with rough sea waves and I WAS THE ONLY ONE with motion-sickness, everyone else was fine, enjoying the ride. I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to get sea-sick, so maybe a good idea to get a pill/sticker/etc if you're prone to motion-sickness. My daughter just danced throughout the ride.

Zipline:
My parents 65, 71, had an awesome day. They do have prior experience of zipline (at Puerto Vallarta), but they said compared to PV, tour was even better because of the bridges connecting between the zipline, you don't have to climb up the hundreds of stairs over and over again between the zipline.

So, my bottom line:

*GO FOR THE QUICKIE TOUR!
*You don't have to know how to swim or snorkel for the tour!
*You can take people/kids/elders in need of special care, just let Amy know beforehand! They'll do their best to accommodate your needs.

Lastly, I want to thank mis amigos, Amy, EZ, Javier and Cpt. Quickie for the unforgettable memories!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Dreamin4beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time on "the big cat" Raiatea”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing day with friends and family for A 50th birthday party! Local Quickies provided us with all the thrills and excitement to make it a memorable and awesome experience. Zip lining through the jungles swimming in the cenote and then setting sail aboard the Raiatea from Tulum to Peurto Aventuras was spectacular. The crew of the ship and Captain Quickie kept us all entertained with lots of laughs and fun in a safe and clean tour, also never letting a glass be empty kept the party going the whole time. Hats off to the crew and the captain! Will return to this tour for many new adventures.

Chad & Shauna

3 Thank Chad M
Redford, Michigan, United States
“Awesome day!!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was a PERFECT day! We got to do, and see so much---swim with sea turtles and stingrays, zipline, canoe through a Cenote, had a most amazing lunch at LaPalapa (the fish tacos were the BEST!), swim in a fresh water lagoon, walk through a Mayan Village, and finished the day off with a sunset catamaran cruise complete with cocktails! I couldn't think of a better way to spend a day in the beautiful Mayan Riviera! I shall return!

Visited January 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Wow!!! Unforgettable!!!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Captain Quickie!!! You & also your brother Eduardo (Edventures tours) both should be so proud of running seperate but incredible tourism/service oriented business' in Mexico!!!

The cruise at sunset from Tulum Beach to Puerto Adventuras was one of our best highlights of our 10 day vacation. The crew: Captain Jorge, Reyes, Hippolito & of course Sergio...wonderful staff who went above & behond to make sure we're all well looked after. I had to walk with a knee brace & a cane... They really took good care of me getting on & off the boat. Never worried once about it! The drinks & food were great too ahhh...the cerviche was so yummy! Your staff are so customer service driven & payed attention to all our needs. Great bunch of people & can't say thank you enough! We'll be back! From your new found friends from Edmonton Alberta! :)

Visited February 2013