We stayed here for a couple of weeks and we were a lot of people of various ages. Though we've been said that mexico in august is not the best we had a perfect weather during the whole time.
ACCOMODATION & FACILITY:
The hotel is well made, in good shape and perfect for families, friends or couples (also, it's scheduled a renovation for sept-oct 2012). Rooms are cleaned and wide, though the humidity inside them is really high in august. The lobby staff, especially the head of the lobby Elisa Gusmaroli is very helpful with every kind of request.
RESTAURANTS, BAR & ALL INCLUSIVE:
The all inclusive formula is 100% effective in this resort, you can eat & drink 24/7 at the snack bar in the pool and in the other bar when it's open.
The buffet is good but it's really warm and humid to have a meal there especially at night when you have dinner (it'd be a good idea to provide air conditioning to the buffet restaurant).
Among the other 3 restaurant (plus the ones at Maya resort that you can access freely) "il Palco" is the best (italian food).
EXCURSIONS, NIGHTLIFE etc:
Unlike being on a island in the middle of the carribean sea, being at this resort means that you have the possibility to go out of the hotel and find a whole world to explore. On daytime there are lots of excursions to do (Tulum, Playa paraiso, Akumel, Chichen Itza, Isla mujeres etc) on night time with just 70pesos (around 5 euros) you can reach an entire street (12nte) made of just clubs and bars.
BEACH & POOL
The beach is wonderful with palms, beds, beachvolley, beach-soccer etc. The sand is never hot and you can walk on it easily. The sea is very good but sometimes after a storm can be more dark.
Pool is nice either for kids and adults.
ACTIVITY, ANIMATION, SPORT
What makes the difference between this hotel and others is the animation. I've been to lots of resorts (club med style) with huge animation teams and I've to admit that the animation team directed by the italian Dodo is really comparable to bigger animation teams as club med.
Lauren, Eva and Piero are 3 of the best animators I've ever met. Among all the qualities that they have, the main quality is that they are very professional! they are also full of energy, smiling all day long and so good with every person of every age though they work a lot during day & night and they have to face guests of various coltures and nationality (some of them can be very fussy). The shows at night are really high quality shows with all the dances etc.
Best show ever is the lion king (joint with the Bravo team), puts broadway's show to shame!
The last thing to say about the animation is the Bravo animation team. Bravo is an italian tour operator that puts his animator in the resorts where they've made a partnership. The aim of the Bravo animation is to face and entertain the most demanding italian guests recognizable for the different bracelet as opposed to the Viva one.
The Bravo animation team headed by Fabio is really really good but the fact of having two different animation teams not 100% integrated (maybe just for business related reasons) it's a shame it makes people confused especially at nightshows where there are 2 different kid-shows, 2 different shows and people have to choose between the 2 of them. I'm italian and I can say the Viva Shows can be integrated very well with Bravo ones, even because very few of them are spoken so there won't be any language comprehension problem.
I'd go back again tomorrow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be close to everything. White sand beaches. Mayan ruins. Lush jungles. A championship golf course. And exciting nightlife. The Wyndham Azteca All-Inclusive Resort, a stunning resort on the breathtaking Mayan Riviera on the east coast of the Yucatan, has it all. And it's just 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport in Mexico. Explore captivating Mayan ruins. Find your own private seaside cove, or experience the fun in the sun and nightlife of Playa Del Carmen, just two miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viva Wyndham Azteca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Wyndham Azteca Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Viva Azteca
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Viva Azteca
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Viva Wyndham Azteca Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico