VIP Check in, VIP PACKAGE Inclusions:
• Personalized check in (true, we had a desk all to ourselves, with one person looking after the check in, but since we arrived with 2 other couples, this wasn’t really a benefit, the other two couples had regular check in and they received their rooms immediately, we waited for 3 hours
• Room Upgrade (subject to availability), I’m not sure that we had an upgraded room, two double beds and a fridge with 2 water and 2 pop, view of the snack bar buffet, entertainment area, and if you looked between the trees you could see the blue of the water
• Special room Amenities: True Blue bath and body products, very nice and these were replaced as used, bathrobe and slippers, slippers were cut out flip flops, mini bar with daily refill, not refilled daily
• Access to all VIP areas, this included a roped off beach area and a separate area at the main buffet.
• Priority in a la carte restaurant reservations, not sure we received this, but didn’t have any problem booking a la cartes
• 10% discount in affiliated stores, didn’t notice any difference
• 10% discount on meals and beverages additional to all inclusive package, didn’t buy anything extra
• Late Check out (subject to availability), we were asked to check out and pay for the safe the night before as our pick up was at 5:25 am
All in all, $14 extra per day for a separate area on the beach and a fridge in our room, and nicer soap, not worth the extra $
Small, two double beds, comfortable, changed sheets daily, cleaned daily, flat screen tv, 4 drawers, closet, iron board and iron and a couple of chairs, no problem, we don’t spend much time there so more then adequate. The ‘balcony’ was very small, and since our view was of the snack bar, we really spent no time on it. Bathroom was clean, plenty of hot water and water pressure, toilet didn’t really flush well, usually took 2 tries. I’m a little shorter than average, sink was too high, but lots of counter space. Safe available for $2.00 per day, $14 for the week.
Breakfast available at snack bar and main buffet, lots of choices, more at main buffet, eggs, pancakes, French toast, waffles, egg station, yogurt, nice selection of fresh fruit, breads, had to look hard for the bacon, it’s at the egg station and you have to ask for it. Pork sausage available, the turkey sausage was hot dogs, which sometimes you found on pizza as well. We had lunch at the snack bar, pizza, pasta, nachos, chili, soups, hamburgers, daily, very repetitive and competitive to get at anything. Same selections with a bit more variety for salads and fruit and dessert selections at the main buffet. Supper at the main buffet had lots of choices again with fruit, salads, main courses. We had three a la cartes – Italian – at the Azteca, very good, International at the Viva Cafe at the Maya (at the very front of the main building) very good, and the Bamboo, at the Azteca, again very good.
Amazing beach, lots of beach beds, didn’t see anyone having issues finding a place, though, very close, wondered why the beds weren’t spread down towards the water further then witnessed how high the surf can get. We had the VIP beach area, mats on the beds, more comfortable and not jammed together.
Hard working friendly staff, always cleaning, always busy, can’t say the same about management. There are 3 buildings, hotel style, rooms on either side of the hallway. Noise carries within those halls. Babies crying, doors shutting, luggage moving, people coming in after the entertainment, disco, bars close. Ear plugs didn’t kill the noise from the inside, but didn’t hear anything from outside most nights. Staff start early at the snack bar, around 4:00 am. So did get some noise from that. And maintenance seemed to happen very early as well, first morning was tile being cut, again at 4:00 am to fix the outdoor shower, but really, when else could they do it, people would be in the way. SLIPPERY WHEN WET. There are signs everywhere, they mean it, the days we sat by the pool we saw lots of people slip and fall, there are mats down, use them. Small resort, easy to get around, huge court yard, really nicely decorated and constantly being cleaned. And you can get bikes to travel all around the community. Overall, 6 out of ten, only because food was just fine and the lack of designated smoking areas.
Very safe and secure area, easy access to Playacar Plaza, Playa Del Carmen, can walk the beach or go for a run outside of the resort as it has sidewalks and is in a gated community. Super Clean. Ability to get a smoothie at the pool bar.
Noise level on the interior of the hall ways, smoking, everywhere smoking, no designated smoking areas, on the beach, by the pool, at the snack bar, in the court yard, no way to escape.
One thing did happen that kind of worried me, one day my spouse and I decided to have lunch at the main buffet, we were sitting by the pool that morning, went to our room to wash and change, we left our room and were headed to the buffet. A lady called out to us, ran up to us and asked if we were giving alcohol to children, we said we have no children, then she said not little children but under age 16-17 year olds, said we were pointed out by life guard. Again, we said we have no children. Funny thing was, I don’t drink alcohol at all, I go to the pool bar to get water, a smoothie or a coffee for my spouse and my spouse got himself a fruit drink that morning. Lucky for us, she apologized sincerely and said it was a mistake, but it did worry me that we could be pointed out as doing something that was so far from being correct, it could have been a very unpleasant situation if this lady did not believe us.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viva Wyndham Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Wyndham Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Viva Maya
- Maya Viva Wyndham
- Wyndham Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Wyndham Maya
- Viva Wyndham Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico