“We loved the Viva Wyndham Maya” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viva Wyndham Maya

Viva Wyndham Maya
Ranked #83 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Naarden, The Netherlands
“We loved the Viva Wyndham Maya”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

Let me start by saying that every review you’ll find about the Viva Wyndham Maya is useful and correct, both positive and negative. It all depends on your expectations.

Do you want a super luxurious 5* all inclusive hotel? Then you should not go to the Viva Wyndham Maya. The room are spacious, clean and comfortable, but nothing fancy. Our housekeeper Jorge surprised us every day with animals he made from the towels, and doubt it you’ll find that in a big 5* hotel.
Ask for a room in the 1000-1399 or 2000-2399 range. They are close to the pool and the beach. Are you looking for more quiet rooms; ask for a room next to the adult pool (3000 range). In any case the Viva Wyndham Maya is not a very big hotel, and it took us less than 5 minutes to walk from our room – which was located right next to the beach and furthest from the restaurant – to walk to the bar and restaurant.

Are you looking for haute cuisine? Then you probably won’t like the restaurants at the Viva Wyndham Maya. But you will get a wide variety of fine food. Enough choice to eat something different each day, at least during the two weeks we stayed at the Viva Wyndham Maya. And when you visit other countries, you will always find food you’re not used to or do not like.

The sports and animation team made sure there was always loads of activities to choose from. They were all very nice and capable people. It’s a shame that during the two weeks we stayed at Viva Wyndham Maya no less than 5 people left the team, and other people we spoke to told us they were considering other plans. The team lead was not very friendly towards the guests, and I think he should be an example for his team. We really enjoyed watching Israel and Isabel dance, especially the shows ‘Twilight’ and ‘Las Vegas’. And Hector is a talented piano player!
The Viva Wyndham Maya is a nice place to visit with kids. We don’t have kids ourselves, but we hardly noticed there were so much kids around. There is so much they can do.

There were two things we didn’t like: if you wanted to have a sunbed on the beach or at the pool, you should get up at 5 o’clock. It is not allowed to reserve the beds with a towel, but everybody does it. After a few days we also left our towels on the beds before breakfast, because otherwise they were all taken. The second thing we didn’t like was that everybody took the food from the snack bar to the beach. After finishing a lot of them left their dirty plates next to the garbage bins, so a lot of birds gathered around to pick the left overs. I think it would benefit everybody if the Viva Wyndham Maya management would be a bit more strict about these things.

Overall we were very happy with our choice to spend two weeks at the Viva Wyndham Maya. All staff was really nice, although we think that receptionists should be friendlier and more service minded then the people that are working at the reception of the Viva Wyndham Maya.

Still doubting whether to go to the Viva Wyndham Maya or the Viva Wyndham Azteca? We decided to go to the Viva Wyndham Maya, because it’s a bit bigger, more activities and services and more people. We were told that people who complain about the noise – which is actually not necessary, we hardly heard anything – are send to the Viva Wyndham Azteca. Also the beach at the Viva Wyndham Maya is better. But for people who want to relax the Viva Wyndham Azteca is a great alternative.

Things to see when you are in Yucatan:
- Playa del Carmen 5a avenida is packed with souvenir shops, tour operators offering excursions and busy restaurants. Leave this area and you’ll find some hidden secrets. Ask the staff of the hotel if they know a nice place to eat outside the tourist area and they will send you to the best places to eat at very reasonable prices. Souvenirs are also cheaper there.
- Cozumel is great for snorkeling. We rented a ‘Mexican Ferrari’ and started driving. Our idea was to drive around the island, but we liked the beaches (and the food) at the Money Bar, so we decided to stay there.
- Tulum is beautiful, but go there very early! Around 11 o’clock the place is very busy, I guess until it closes.
- Xel-Ha is especially nice for people with kids, but we regretted we didn’t go to Xplore instead. Snorkeling at Cozumel was much better than at Xel-Ha and all the other activities we just ok. (Want to know more: read my review about Xel-Ha)
- Cancun is a must see, but nothing special. A lot of hotels, but no possibility to visit the beaches. Avoid taxis, you can easily get around the city by bus, saving a lot of money.
- We didn’t go to Chitzen Itza, because we didn’t want to spend more time in a tourbus, than at the ruins. If we return to Yucatan another year, we will rent a car and spend the night close to Chitzen Itza and go there early in the morning.
There’s a lot more to see and do, but we liked the Viva Wyndham Maya so much, that we didn’t feel like going out more.

I would like to finish by thanking the staff of the Viva Wyndham Maya, and I hope that this review is useful for you.

7 Thank EriW
VivaWyndhamMaya, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Maya, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Dear Customer,

We really appreciate your comments on your recent stay at Viva Wyndham Maya. We are especially happy to know that you loved our Resort and that our services and facilities meet your expectations.

Regarding your observation about sun beds in the beach and pool area, we want to inform that Viva Wyndham Maya is implementing at the moment a procedure to avoid reserve the sun beds with towels or any other object with the purpose to prevent annoyance to all of our guests.

Again thank you for recommending Viva Wyndham Maya in Trip Advisor.

We will be glad to welcome you back at our property in your next vacation.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

Unless you're super picky or looking for an uber luxurious vacation for your honeymoon or wedding, I would 100% recommend this resort for anyone looking for an all around good time, at a superb, no attitude, great value resort!
In our group, my husband and I (early 30's), sister & friend (late 20's) and our parents. I was worried because I selected the resort and this is most of my family's only 2nd all inclusive experience and we stayed in a fancy 5 star resort last year for my wedding. But luckily, my entire group thought the resort was amazing and could not stop raving about how much they liked this resort based on price, vs. the resort we stayed in the DR last year.
The layout is great, on the smaller side, but enough of a walk to places to burn off those calories! We were in the furthest building (rm 3316) which is near the 'relax pool' and tennis courts (only downfall is the first night, the people using the tennis courts early in the morning woke me up! otherwise I didn't even notice it the rest of the week). Rooms are pretty basic, but better than I expected based on reading other reviews. We got 2 queen beds, which didn't bother us too much, we used one of the beds to lay out our clothes and things. Rooms were very clean, had a small fridge and nice flat screen tv. Beds were a little harder than I'm used to, but my parents actually preferred that! The bedding was changed halfway through the week and the 2nd set was much softer than the first, that is one area that could be upgraded, softer sheets! :)
You do have to get your own water, but it's very well priced (cheaper than Canada!) or we brought water containers and just filled them up before bed.
The beach at this resort is phenomenal! The water is gorgeous. Unfortunately disrespectful guests litter their cigarette butts all over and although the staff try to clean and keep people from doing this, it is a bit of a problem. We walked along the beach towards the city and noticed that the sand got more and more pebbly as you walked, but the sand a VWM is powdery white. They also added another row of palapas the week we were there, so it's easier to find shade now! We rarely had a problem finding a free seat. Although, I was disgusted to over hear a man say that he had found extra towel cards in his room and decided to put towels on seats at the beach and each of the pools, RUDE!
The resort staff are truly the best part of this resort. The entertainment staff in particular made our trip amazing. The shows are hilarious and well done. I loved the Vegas show & comedy show the best. We participated in many daily activities and had a blast. There is also a trapeze and area to paint ceramics which we didn't get a chance to utilize. Bar staff were great too, they always remember your drink and usually keep sending them over when they see you're getting low (if you tip well that is!).
My husband and I are also avid gym goers and were worried because there was no mention of a gym on the website. We were elated to discover that there was a very well equipped gym and Lester, who runs the gym will even help you train if you like! We used it about 5 times during our stay, probably one of the better resort gyms I have seen.
We all thought the food was fantastic! I am pretty picky with what I can and can't eat. I was very happy to see the yogourt and mixed seeds/nuts at the breakfast buffet - even flaxseeds! Any resort buffet gets tired after 7 days, but they try to switch it up every evening. The a la carte's were really good as well. We each had a favourite, mine was the medditteranean, but the Italian and Mexican were great as well. Book them when you first arrive!
We did a day trip which we booked through Juan on the beach, half the price as Sunwing and much more included! We did, Tulum, Paradise Beach, Coba and a stunning Cenote all in one day for $65 (lunch incl)! Our tour guide, Benjamin, was very knowledgeable and gave us a great history lesson.
We all loved that the resort was in the gated area of Playacar, very safe and you're able to walk around and visit all of the shoppes and a Starbucks if you need! There is no bartering (or very minimal) at these shoppes, or even many of the bigger shoppes in 5th Ave. They will tell you straight up, no, if you even try. But the small stands, you should barter to about 50% of what they first try to sell it to you for.
The disco was actually pretty good too. A bit of a younger crowd most nights, but better later in the night. One night they closed early and we made them turn the lights back out and start up the music again.
The crowd was mostly European and French Canadians...most people speaking French or German and lots of topless sunbathers and itsy speedos! If you can get past that and the attitude that comes with it, you'll be fine.
U.S. dollars are still widely accepted, but difficult to get from the money exchange. Canadian dollars are also accepted more now since it's worth more than the US right now. Pesos are of course the preferred curency and for the most part, you get the best value if you pay with pesos because they usually par it with dollars - ie. $7 is 70 pesos, but if you actually calculate 70 peses, it's more than $7.
Overall, especially for the deal we got, we were VERY pleased with this resort. One thing they could fix was that most of our balcony doors didn't lock, that could be a problem if you're on the ground floor.
I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a FUN, comfortable time!

Room Tip: Bring your own water containers.
6 Thank amygirl1169
VivaWyndhamMaya, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Maya, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Dear customer,

After reading your great comments about your recent vacation at Viva Wyndham Maya, we would like to thank you for the kind words you have published in this important forum.

It gives us great pleasure to receive this kind of comments due to our staff put a lot of effort into their job every day and our clients’ satisfaction is our reward.

We really hope you afford us the opportunity to provide you and your family the best service at Viva Wyndham Maya again.

Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

We were there in April 2010 had such a great time. We had to come
back this April (2011). I don't know where to start to heap praise on
on this resort .So I will start at the Front Desk and move on to all the
staff everyone was so friendly and helpful.A lot of the staff were still
working there from our last visit so good to see them again some like
Henry in the buffet remembered us from last year .The shows,food
drinks and restaurants all GREAT!!!! Our only complaint was we had
to leave and come home. A special thanks to Omar the Jefe at the
front desk.

1 Thank bay1-11
Dear Customer,

We really appreciate your preference for Viva Wyndham Maya. We are happy to receive your positive feedback and even more we are glad to know that your second stay at our Resort was fantastic.

We look forward to your next stay to provide you the warm service so typical of Viva Wyndham Maya.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned from 2 weeks at the resort. This was our first time at an A.I. and, except for some information from experienced friends and family we did not really know what to expect.
We are both pretty casual people who were wanting a fun, relaxed holiday in the sun while sticking within a budget which is very easy to do when going A.I.
We did tip - daily to our room attendant (who managed to leave a different towel animal on our bed every day for 14 days) and per drink with bar staff as well as in the a la carte restaurants. We read about difficulty getting reservations for restaurants but we had not trouble at all, even changing reservations - there was always a staff member when we needed them and they were always helpful.
We were quite surprised to see few other guests tipping - as if because the drinks were free there was no tip necessary. I sure hope these guests went around and tipped the bartenders at the end of their visit.
The buffet restaurant was just fine. Pretty pedestrian food but you could always find something you enjoyed.
The a la carte restaurants (particularly Portofino) were great.
I must say that, I agree that the drinks appear to be diluted as you can drink several in an evening and feel no effect whatsoever. Though, perhaps not such a bad thing. Also, the house wine was very disappointing. Mind you, we found some good, relatively inexpensive wine on the menu at the restaurants.
As far as the beach is concerned - lots of cigarette butts, wonder how that could be avoided other than people picking them up one by one each night I am not sure. Also (and most important) hard to find an available lounge chair that was in decent repair - there is a lot of maintenance and replacement to be done (broken plastic parts and sagging seats) as I do believe this really lets the hotel down
Staff everywhere in the resort is wonderful, no matter what job they are performing - they are friendly, helpful, outgoing and fun.
The entertainment staff were a busy group - working all day playing games with the guests and their children (I am going to miss hearing "Crazy game" bellowed up and down the beach) then at night time the same group were performing in the nightly shows. Lip-sink, granted but high energy and talented dancers.
We would have liked to see more of the latin dancing in the shows - you know Chakira, Gloria Estefan, Ricky Martin songs - something to really get the crowd off their feet. I just know this energetic group of kids are equal to the challenge.
Anyway, the hotel is well situated across the street from shopping and Starbucks if you are into that (though the bars do make good coffee and capuccino ) close to Playa del Carmen.
All in all a very good resort and we would return.

6 Thank CarolFromVancouver
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your comments. We are glad to know that you had a good vacation at Viva Wyndham Maya, it means that we have achieved our commitment: to exceed our clients’ expectations.

We also appreciate your observations, they will help us to improve our services.

Again thank you for your kind words and we hope to serve you again very soon at Viva Wyndham Maya.

Kind regards,
CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

Let me preface my review by saying I am not a fussy traveler and I am pretty easy to please. That being said this resort failed to impress me overall but I did like some portions of it and I will start with those.
I just returned from a week at the Viva with another couple. We stayed on the 3rd floor of the 3000 building with a nice view of the quiet pool.

Excellent/Good
- The Animation Team was top notch. They were very friendly and funny. We enjoyed them all week and participated in a lot of their activities. They also do a great job in the nightly shows which are enjoyable.
- The grounds of the resort are spotless, well maintained and beautiful. I loved that they had some native animals and lizards roaming the grounds that were harmless and fun to photograph. Also putting up sign that describe the animals and flora was a nice touch. They also had a nice "jungle" area in the middle that made for some nice photos and allowed you to catch the animals in their "natural" environment.
- The beach was outstanding. It was clean and the sand was well maintained. It was a much better experience then we had the previous year at the Gran Porto. I also had a great time body surfing in the waves.
- The staff at the bar, the ala carte restaurants as well as the cleaning crews throughout the resort was all hard working, quick and courteous.
- The layout and size of the resort was nice and seemed to be just the right size. It was never more than a 5 minute walk to any part of the resort. Just as an FYI it has sufficient handicap access as there was a woman there in a wheelchair that appeared to have no trouble getting around as I saw her in multiple areas.
- The Playacar area is beautiful and offers a nice backdrop for an early morning or evening walk or run. You feel extremely safe and the traffic is pretty much limited to taxis and other pedestrians. There is also a small shopping area there but the prices were a little higher than 5th Ave.
- The quiet pool next to our building was very nice. We went there at the end of each afternoon to have a drink and just relax in the pool. The bartender there was excellent and remembered what we drank each day.
-The snack bar at the pool was very good. We ate there every day. I actually enjoyed the food there more than any of the other places we ate at the resort. Try the brick oven pizza there you won’t be let down.

Average
- The food at the ala carte was pretty average. We did the Don Diego at the Wyndham and Bamboo at the Azteca. Both restaurants were nice inside and the staff as very attentive but the small portions, limited menu and the difficulty getting reservations, which I will cover below, made the experience only average.
- Our room was a good size and had a nice view of the pool. We were in Rm 3319. It was sort of dated and had a very small patio which didn't really allow us to sit on them. The bed was very hard but it didn't really bother me. We also had a mini fridge which we assumed would be stocked daily with at least bottled water but was not stocked ever. The housecleaning crew did a good job keeping the room clean each day and also made a fun towel animal. The water pressure in the shower was good but getting hot water in the morning could be tricky sometimes. This was our second room after the initial room they gave us was missing both a single bed and minifridge as we requested when we booked.
- The food at the breakfast buffet was average. It was repetitive after a few days and the place got crowded overwhelming the staff. If you enjoy a few cups of coffee with breakfast good luck getting refills as the entire staff of the dining room is busy cleaning tables and replacing the food in the buffet.
-The main pool was a good size and was never overcrowded even though the hotel was at or near capacity. However the layout of the chairs/palapas was poorly designed and they may have been better served to have small tables with umbrellas that could be moved to suit your needs. There was also a film that tended to form in the pool probably due to sunscreen etc but that is probably unavoidable. Also having a swim up bar and a ledge to sit on inside the pool were nice features. The “towel game” which I will cover below made the pool less enjoyable than it should have been.
Bad
-The ala carte reservation system was terrible. You are only allotted a certain number of reservations based upon your length of stay (we received 3 for a week). The problem was actually being able to use the reservations as the restaurants were always “booked”. I put booked in quotes because with the 2 reservations we were able to get the restaurants were maybe half filled. We talked to a lot of people there that weren’t able to get any reservations. On top of that lack of reservations the times we were able to get were at 6pm and 8:45pm which isn’t exactly prime time to eat dinner on vacation. This put us in a spot where we had to eat on 5th Ave on 3 of our 7 nights and pay out of pocket.
- The towel game is unavoidable at any resort but the layout of the pool and beach area at the Wyndham made it even worse. The palapas they have are the only way to get any shade but they are limited and fixed so you can’t get both sun and shade. We traveled with another couple and were forced to alternate days of getting up about 5:30 am in order to get a spot next to the pool under a palapa or on the beach under the palapa. By 6 am the spots were limited and by 6:15 pretty much gone. Getting up that early in order to get a seat by the pool or on the beach really took away from our enjoyment.
-The wifi was spotty at best and forced you to get a code good for 5 hours from the front desk in order to use it. I wasn’t even aware of this for the first couple days until I finally asked why I couldn’t connect. You then had to go to a “hotspot” in order to use it so you couldn’t check your email from your deck or room. Once I was finally connected and went to the lobby area to use the internet I was very disappointed to find out I couldn’t use any app or go to any page they classify as a social networking site. Facebook would have been nice to be able to use but I get a majority of my news and current events from Twitter (esp in a foreign country where a lot of the TV stations are in Spanish) and I was unable to access that as well.

In summation this resort like any other resort has its pluses and minuses and you get what you pay for but for a resort classified as a 4 Star resort I expected a bit more. Our decision to stay here was based upon it being a few hundred cheaper than another resort in the area we were interested in but after spending almost $500 a couple to eat on 5th Ave the savings was lost. Like I said in the beginning I am not that picky but I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see it before you check in
2 Thank BAvallone
Dear Customer,

We appreciate the time dedicated to write a full review about your stay at Viva Wyndham Maya. We will take into account all your valuable observations with the purpose to improve our daily operation.

We are sorry for not have been able to fulfill your expectations.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your vacation at our Resort.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this resort from April 06 – 21 with our daughters, 9 and 14. We were given room 2322 and had a great view of the ocean. The room was clean and we saw one bug in the room over 16 days. We thought this resort was fantastic and accommodated all what we were looking for in an all-inclusive package. This is an excellent resort for children. There were not too many cons with this resort and the minor irritants were things we could deal with and not let it get in the way of our vacation. We also spent half the time outside the resort doing excursions.

The Rooms:
We found the maid service to be great. We tipped every day at least $3 US and always had 4 new bottles of water, champagne, cerveza’s, pop, juice, and beautiful towel/toilet paper art. For people complaining about not receiving any of this, you need to open your wallets…these people work very hard and $3 dollars a day over 16 days is only $48. Beds were hard and pretty uncomfortable, not many sheets but we didn’t really need more. The lighting in the room was terrible at night and the florescent bulb would flicker for about half an hour after turning it out at night. Also, the walls are white which makes you feel like you are in a hospital…recommendation for the resort would be add some colour to the walls and upgrade the lighting to make it more ambient. We did not have a fridge in our room as we requested until the 11th day of our stay…this was irritating but we were only in our room to sleep and shower. The warm beverages were consumed regardless 

The Service, location, and grounds:
All of the staff were courteous and friendly and you were always greeted with a Hola or a Como estas. They went out of there way to include everyone in the entertainment and games…they would walk up and down the beach asking everyone to participate. Bartenders were great, we tipped for most drinks which I might not do as frequently if I return. The grounds are very well taken care of and there is constantly workers doing something or other to improve and maintain it. The location in Playacar is very convenient– only $7US to get to 5th ave in PDC and $14 to Xplor and Xcaret parks.

The Entertainment and Animation Team:
The animation team was fantastic. The kids club was amazing and included all the children in the nightly entertainment kids program. Our 9 year old participated in the “Disney Dreams” theme night last Tuesday which was a lot of fun. All of the shows were well put together and very entertaining. There are activities that run all day long ranging from bocce ball to meringue dancing. The nightlife around the resort was fairly quiet which suited us. The disco was not very close to the rooms so your sleep was not interrupted. The courtyard was beautifully lit up at night, which gave it an ambient setting – a wonderful place to relax after dinner and have a drink or specialty coffee.

Beach, Ocean, and Weather:
The ocean is bath water warm,…just as warm as the pool…some rocky areas with lots of broken coral but this is expected. The beach was amazing and well taken care of…one of the most beautiful beaches we have seen. The weather was amazing…recommend traveling in April…not a single drop of rain over the entire holiday.

The Food:
Booking a la cartes was a painful process and the restaurants were never half-full; although this made for great service while dining. Buffet was ok, got a bit boring but it definitely could have been worse…we never went hungry. The snack bar was not that good and the burgers were terrible. There was enough variety that you could change it up each night…and if you couldn’t find something you wanted, there was always great pasta made just the way you like it. We ate at Don Diego’s (Mexican), Mira Mare (Italian), Portofino (Mediterranean), and Il Plato (Italian). The best was the Portofino and Don Diego’s was good too.

All in all we had a great time at this resort. We read many reviews before we booked and arrived and had an idea of what to expect regarding rooms and front desk staff – which I will agree with most, the rooms are very basic and the front desk staff could be friendlier. I would return to this resort for the same price as our expectations were not let down and we had a good time.

Room Tip: even rooms in 22/23 hundres are great (2322)
2 Thank Mooneyes_Calgary
VivaWyndhamMaya, Guest Relations Manager at Viva Wyndham Maya, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Dear Customer,

We really appreciate your review published on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your remarks and especially we are happy to know that you had a great vacation at our Resort.

Thank you for recommending Viva Wyndham Maya. Please do not forget that we will be pleased to welcome you back at anytime.

Central New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

Just returned from Viva today, w/my husband and my 8yr old son. To sum it up, this place is NOT above average in any way. If you are looking for a budget vacation, this will be okay. If you are looking for any sort of plush comfort whatsoever, don't stay here. It simply is not that type of resort. The grounds are nice. However, the rooms were a huge disappointment as they are utterly devoid of any comfort and incredibly noisy. We had to ask for a room change immediately because the first room stunk of bleach and mold as it was on the shady side of the hotel in the 1200's. The 2nd room was in the 2000's, on the sunnier side (facing the Riu) and an improvement but the design was the same: hard tiled slippery floors, bare white walls, hard beds, thin cotton sheets and pillow, and one awful flourescent lightbulb in ceiling. The lighting was terrible in both rooms so we avoided using them and used natural light when we could. We used the tiny bed lights and the bathroom lights when needed (I'm not kidding). Also, there is little or no storage space. . We had 3 desklike drawers that were basically useless, so we lived out of our suitcases on the floor. One chair. We had no fridge as we were supposed to. We were given 3 bottles of water over a span of 6 days, for 3 people. Honestly, the worst hotel room we've ever had. This was depressing but we were stuck so we made the best of it. The buffet is decent. Highlight at dinner buffet is the pasta station and for breakfast, the omelet station. Desserts were ehh, but we liked the coffee and fresh juice. The pool is too small, and you can forget finding a beachchair by the pool or on the beach under the trees. Unless you get up at 6am, you will be baking in the sun as no umbrellas are sold anywhere. My husband attempted to get us chairs at 7:45am and they were mostly empty but all were covered/reserved with towels. Hotel staff did not enforce the no-reserve rule at all. There is a show at 930pm every night - they are good! We looked forward to these every night as it was the only positive we felt the resort had to offer. The bar staff works hard and there is liquor in the drinks although they are a bit sugary. Dos Equis is offered and is a decent beer so no issue there. 5 minute taxi to Fifth Ave, the heart of Playa, which was enjoyable. Can say without a doubt I'd never go back to this resort and if you are reading this and can afford to spend a bit more, please go elsewhere. Save yourself the aggravation. This just didn't cut it for us. I'm glad to be home.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LA07726
Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you for taking time to write your comments about your recent stay at Viva Wyndham Maya.

We do apologize for not have been fulfilled your expectations during your stay at our Resort.

Your comments and concerns will be taken into account to improve our services.

We remain at your entire disposal.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Hotel Riu Playacar
Hotel Riu Playacar
#53 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,601 reviews

Been to Viva Wyndham Maya? Share your experiences!