The hotel was being remolded during our stay which caused some issue on departure; however the staff was outstanding expecially Emma Alex Lorenzo & Avila Alex. They never let our drinks glass get empty while at the lobby bar. If you are planning you should look into staying here. The all inclusive after five days the resturaunt got a little " same ole thing". Could use a change up every 3rd day.
Xel-ha was absolute worth it. Spend one full day, go early and stay until they close. Staff is great and the water is wonderful. If and/or if I go back to Cancun I would stay at this hotel and definately go to Xel-ha.
One of the friends got paint on there luggage leaving the hotel and the check out was dis-organized. They seemed to want us out asap and didn't resolve the issue while we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico