We spent five wonderful days at the Gran Porto Real Resort and had a terrific time. We met several great folks while we were there. Hi to our Canadian friends Richard & Bonnie and Joe & Cheryl. We also met two female police officers from Sweden, I think. What lovely, friendly people! We so enjoyed the hotel employees, who all went above and beyond! Especially my dear friend "Chicken" who helped me make a phone call to the US (due to a death in my family). Our cell phones didn't work and the front desk wasn't able to put me through but CHICKEN came to the rescue - and checked w/me every day to see how i was doing!!!! Thank you, Chicken, very much!!! Also, Omar (out by the pool) was a sweetheart (sorry i didn't feel like dancing w/you on the beach, Omar!!). We also received remarkable service from Elias and Israel in the Italian restaurant and Alejandro in the Mexican restaurant. They all went out of their way to make our meals spectacular!!! Thank you for that. Also, Dave always served up awesome drinks at the outside bar - keep up the good work, Dave. Also, I can't remember the name of the gentleman in the 24 hr. all-inclusive eatery but he was great, too!!! Always kept everything clean and assisted w/whatever we needed.
Yes, the hotel was having lots of construction going on and I guess it could have been an unpleasant experience if you let it - we chose not to let it! Vacations are too few and far between to let that bother us and when there's good drinks (Absolut), good food and good people all around, all is well! And, the hotel did compensate us in their gift shop for the inconvenience. We would go back to Gran Porto Real in a heartbeat. We also LOVED 5th Avenue - walked it almost every evening after dinner and saw something different each time!!! The fact that we could walk out of our hotel and go two very short blocks and we were there was another reason we chose this resort, as opposed to one where you had to take a cab or a bus to get here. Most of the all-inclusive resorts that have Playa del Carmen addresses are still too far out to be able to walk to 5th Avenue. Hopefully, we'll be back next year!!!!
Oscar and Vikki
Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico