Me and my girlfriend just went here for the 5th time April 16, 2012.
This is our home away from home, we always feel safe, the location is excellent and the food is fantastic. The staff here treat you like you are royalty and I miss all of them already….
From check-in at the Front Desk with Mayella, and Ricardo to check-out with Freddie our Bellboy and his wonderful crew the whole process was flawless. And even the gracious kitchen staff packed us a wonderful lunch to take on our trip back home
I cannot say enough about the “Animation Team” this team is over the top incredible with all the programs of activities everyday to all they do for you personally…Miguel, Victor, Cesar, Enso, Ivan and the lovely Diana, (what a sweetheart) ----I miss you all !!!……
Alex, the lifeguard on duty actually had to save a little boy while we were there, “You are our hero Alex!!!” Thank-you for keeping everyone safe and happy.
The 24 hour room was always stocked with tasty surprises and loads of alcohol thanks to the kitchen staff and Verlain another “Big Sweetheart.”
The bartenders outside would just see us walking towards them and our drinks were ready for us by the time we got to the bar….thanks so much Miguel, Lorenzo and anyone I am forgetting the name of….. the staff that served us drinks around the pool were so gracious and friendly, Huber, Merriam, Teresa, Jesus, Jose, Pablo Picasso, they work so hard in that hot sunshine and never stop smiling.
The bartender Aurelio at the swim-up sushi bar was also great, however I would just like to see some nachos and cheese offered there for us “non-sushi” eaters……..maybe next time.
The buffet always had a nice variety of items, my hats off to all of the chefs and staff that work here.
The attendant that filled our fridge in our room and our housekeeper, were right on the ball and did a fabulous job.
Security (Victor) and Maintenance who all helped us at one time or another were super fast , friendly and efficient…....(sorry about the clogged toilet)……
Forgive me as I cannot remember everyone’s name but all of the staff at this resort are exceptional
The pool and beach are beautiful and If you want to live the life of luxury just for a little while, this is the resort for you.
Lynn the General Manager is a “Class Act,” and she made sure we wanted for nothing.
Thank-you so much Lynn for your gracious hospitality and a special thank-you to all of your beautiful incredible staff.
We had the time of our lives….. Until next time……..
Mama “D” & Jo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico