“Best restaurant in Playa”

Como Como Osteria Mediterranea
Reserve with OpenTable
Como Como Osteria Mediterranea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,279 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, located in Playa del Carmen, on the new area of the 10th Avenue, offer affordable food and wines in a simple, intimate, minimal setting. The restaurant features Mediterranean contemporary cuisine by combining flavors inspired by the sea, the land, travels and seasonal influences, sometimes mixed up with local products.
Cheshire
“Best restaurant in Playa”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had our best meal in Playa at Como Como. It was always packed, it's only a small place and we had to sit just inside which was fine, cool minimalist decor. It describes itself as Mediterranean - we had tagliatelle with lobster and pine nuts and a seared tuna steak, couldn't fault them and great value. Lovely friendly but unobtrusive service. It's way down the quieter end of 5th Ave which was near our condo, well worth the hike or a taxi if you're further away. Bravo Como Como!

• Visited December 2012

Mississauga, Canada
“Very good food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The food at Como Como is very tasty and great presentation, enjoyed every bite of my tuna tartar and pasta. Everyone in my party enjoyed the food and the decor of the restaurant. It's very small but intimate.

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“como como rock !!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

como como rock !!!!

My wife and I went here for a nice dinner on our "party night" in Playa del Carmen and was pleasantly surprised by the amazing staff and awesome food. The staff is extremely kind and attentive. We didn't have a single issue. It does get pretty warm in there, but they are always running around with water. I got the fish and seriously shoved it into my mouth. It was so delicious. My wife got the the seafood pasta and was very happy with it. Overall an amazing dinner. Make reservations and enjoy some wonderful Italian food.

• Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We came here on the recommendation of the very nice manager of the condos we were staying at. I really loved the sashimi starter they sent out for free, the salad, and the chocolate fondant dessert. My main dish, the squid ink pasta with seafood, was not too my taste however. I did not care for the flavor of the chorizo in the pasta and the mussels were extremely chewy. One of my friends ordered the tuna steak with a tamarind sauce and quite enjoyed it though. The service was good and the chef Stefan was quite charming.

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food but not as expected”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I made reservation at this restaurant knowing it would be busy and in deed it was. This restaurant serves fresh Tagliatelle, Rigatoni, and Spaghetti. I think my husband asked to switch the sauce to tomato and they did. The homemade Spaghetti is thick, and cooked Al dente perfectly. The tiramisu was OK but not as good as GG and casa mediterranea. Two people ordered Rigatoni and with italian sausage, and they did not like it. The Homemade Tagliatelle with lobster was good but not great. We prefer GG on 34 and 5 for their menu selection and has more tables to accommodate.

• Visited December 2012