“Perfect condo choice”
Review of Arena Blanca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa del Carmen
Arena Blanca
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had gotten in touch with one of the owners about a year ago before my first trip to Playa. I was going back and forth on whether or not I wanted to stay in a condo or a hotel for my first trip-he was very patient and helpful as he helped me understand some of the pros and cons of each. I ended up staying in a hotel for that first trip but knew when I came back less than a year later Arena Blanca had my name on it.

We had a unit on ground level. It was very clean, spacious and had everything we needed. The water cooler was a great perk and helped keep us hydrated. I also liked the location a lot, very close to 5th Avenue but it was on the quieter end which was great. I would definetly stay here again. Prompt refund on the security deposit, great communication from the managers. Couldnt have asked for more.

Oh and I have to say this because I just couldnt believe it. The housekeeping didnt come every day but when she did come she CLEANED OUT MY HAIRBRUSH! My disgusting, hairy hairbrush that I don't even like to clean out and it is my own hair. Talk about above and beyond!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our first trip to Playa del Carmen and to Arena Blanca's beautifully landscaped gardens with swimming pool are filled with palm trees and bougainvilleas. Our penthouse condo was very spacious and tastefully decorated,the rooftop terrace was on two levels was great. The upper level had a great jacuzzi which enabled you to look out to sea. The lower level had loungers and a palapa for shade if you wanted it. There was also a dining area and food preparation area unfortunately there was no private BBQ which would have been nice

The location of the condo is a block and a half off the beach and around the corner from great restaurants, bars and shopping, but away from the more touristy side of Playa.

The staff were helpful and attentive and the night security guards were friendly.

If you are a light sleeper, noise from the road at night might disturb your sleep, nothing that ear plugs or a few drinks won't sort out!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alan H
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The most beautiful friendly place in the world. Central to 5th Avenue, main shopping strip in Playa, close to the best restaurant in Playa (La Cueva del Chango). It's situated at the north end of 5th Avenue so its not as noisy and a block away from the Caribbean beaches. The Condo's are furnished for comfort, ease and are very secure. Has own kitchen, fridge, laundry, two toilets, large shower and large lounge room.The staff at Arena Blanca are so accommodating and helpful I was amazed. I had the inground pool outside my condo.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Susan D
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We loved staying in #11. Private rooftop terrace, easy walk to the beach, great restaurants within a block or two, it was all good. The staff was cheerful, helpful, and very easy to work with. We love Manuel, the night guard :) We will be back!

Room Tip: There are only 11 units in the building. If you want privacy and and you do not mind walking up 3 f...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank wandererWisconsin
Reviewed November 30, 2011

If you want to enjoy the best of Playa del Carmen, you gotta stay at Arena Blanca. Everything is perfect !

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kapaq
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our much anticipated escape from rainy Maine to Playa del Carmen was a success. We arrived to Arena Blanca's beautifully landscaped gardens filled with palm trees and pink bougainvilleas. Our penthouse condo was spacious and tastefully decorated and the rooftop terrace was to die for. We spent our evenings under the breezy palapa watching the sunset, before walking to dinner on 5th avenue.

The location of the condo was perfect for our group- a block and a half off the beach, around the corner from great restaurants, bars and shopping, but away from the more touristy side of Playa.

The staff was helpful and attentive and the night security guards were all very sweet. I really appreciated the cleanliness and attention to detail at a level that I rarely find with other rentals. I can't wait to go back with my husband for a second honeymoon!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank EG129
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have stayed at Arena Blanca 2 x and have been to a social event in the Penthouse... this place is a gem! For me the location is perfect... you are a 2 minute walk to Cinco Avenida where all of the action is and only a few minutes to the beach too... There is a small grocer 2 doors down! People at home often ask me about safety in Playa (or Mexico in general) and I felt safe everywhere I went in Playa & Arena Blanca is gated! I wanted to do some cooking and the kitchen is well stocked but with all of the restaraunts around!!?? And the pool is really inviting but I prefer to go straight to the beach! I was invited to the Penthouse for a get-together and that place is incredible..WOW! I really enjoyed my stay there and hope to go back someday!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family