“Dessert pastries are good but servings can vary.”
Review of Chez Celine

Chez Celine
Ranked #1 of 44 Dessert in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Description: Follow the smell of freshly baked bread and find our authentic French bakery on the 5th avenue! We offer typical French products like Baguette bread, croissants, pastries, sandwiches, quiches and salads. Try our specials of the night, to pare with a glass of wine: cheeses and cold meats platters, terrines, vol-au-vent and their savory & sweets crepes! Natural products, 100% homemade, high quality ingredients and lots of love...!
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I enjoy the occasional desert pastry and found Chez Celine to have the best cheesecake in town. I like to treat myself on occasion and have visited at various times. I've never been let down by the creamy rich cheesecake but I am skeptical to sing the place all the praise in the world as I've found that the portions have varied greatly every time I visit and never has it been, "WOW what I big piece I got!" The portions have increasingly gotten smaller and the price remains the same. As a customer who seeks value, I was happy paying the 50 pesos but when you receive a portion the equivalent of Scrooge's gift at Christmas, I start to feel like my occasional treats are unjustified.
On a lighter note, I think I will shift my cravings towards a pastry that is made out of a mold and less prone to the human eye for equal pieces!
Criticism aside, the place has a good reputation, good environment and it's revered by locals and tourist alike. The closest thing to a Frenchy vibe a person who's never been could imagine.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Food looks, smells and is delicious! Service is better than average, very good! Will be returning here when we next visit Playa!

Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

I was really surprised how delicious the almond pastry was, I will remember it for a long time. I can also recommend frappe Nutella.

Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

We have been to this place at least 10 times over the past two summers and think it's a great spot in Playa for breakfast. we typically get the ham omelet, small bread basket, and fruit bowl to share all are good. There fresh squeezed OJ is great and there coffee is above average. Had lunch once this past trip and we were extremely happy...had the caprese and mixed ( ham and gouda cheese) sandwiches both were excellent. They bake there own bread and it's really good. The staff is very friendly, they take credit, and u have the option to sit outside (HOT but they have fans) or inside with AC but seating is limited.

1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

When you pass by the restaurant you can smell already the fresh croissants! So stopping by is a must at least once during your holidays. We have a great breakfast with delicious french bread!