“Great place”
Review of Chez Celine

Chez Celine
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Description: Follow the smell of freshly baked bread and find our authentic French bakery on the 5th avenue! We offer typical French products like Baguette bread, croissants, pastries, sandwiches, quiches and salads. Try our specials of the night, to pare with a glass of wine: cheeses and cold meats platters, terrines, vol-au-vent and their savory & sweets crepes! Natural products, 100% homemade, high quality ingredients and lots of love...!
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Very nice sandwiches, muffins, cookies! Especially the almond croissant with cream. You can also try the crepes, we had the one with dulce de leche! Great for breakfast and light dinner. Don't miss it when in Playa del Carmen!

1  Thank Michalis C
There are newer reviews for Chez Celine

Reviewed July 31, 2014

They have amazing pastry...The almond croissant is just unique and their bread taste like homemade grandmas bread. Location is great too and the look is so cute! Prices are fair. I enjoy very much going for breakfasts with my baby son and his stroller.

1  Thank Ana v
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Took my family out to enjoy last Sunday brunch in Playa. Food was okay...the waiter spoke very good English . I also speak spanish.
After asking for and receiving the bill, I gave the waiter my credit card. He quickly asked if I might like to add the tip to the total. I said sure ..how much was the waiters question in English ? I said 15 percent. On a bill of 458.00 pesos ..the waiter put a tip of 225 pesos roughly 50 percent of out total bill. Just minutes before was almost short changed at the Indian import store next door.
We loved Playa but hate the gouging that happens. I'm not going to begrudge small amounts here and there. But constant bait and switch gets old fast. Sorry to have to even make mention of this but it is a disservice to a business owner to allow staff to scam customers. Both businesses we will never go back to.

RLPlaya, Propriétaire at Chez Celine, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Sir,
We are very sorry about what happened, but I would like to state very clearly few things, so that the readers of trip advisor could know the whole story.
Our waiter asked you if you were sure about the percentage of the tips because it was very high and you confirmed him that amount. Later, you signed the voucher that stated the amount of the tips.
The day after, you sent us an e-mail saying that you asked for 15% and we charged you 50%. The same day, my 2 managers and I sent you 3 separate e-mails saying that we were very sorry about the confusion and that we were waiting for you at Chez Celine anytime to reimburse you the difference.
You never reply to any of us, you never came for your money, but you wrote a very sad review about Chez Céline, when on our side, we do our best to satisfy every client.
In Chez Céline, we don’t “scam” clients as you stated.
Regards.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

They did not have a big selection of pastrys here, Although it smelled great i wish there was a better selection

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Thank you Chez Celine for making our trip to Playa so amazing. We started each day with amazing bread and pastries. The place is extremely busy and the staff polite despite being overworked. Amazing baguettes and sandwhiches and pastries and and and. Best breakfast spot you can find.

1  Thank Jonathon R