“Decent place”
Review of Chez Celine

Chez Celine
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Description: Follow the smell of freshly baked bread and find our authentic French bakery on the 5th avenue! We offer typical French products like Baguette bread, croissants, pastries, sandwiches, quiches and salads. Try our specials of the night, to pare with a glass of wine: cheeses and cold meats platters, terrines, vol-au-vent and their savory & sweets crepes! Natural products, 100% homemade, high quality ingredients and lots of love...!
Reviewed July 22, 2014

They did not have a big selection of pastrys here, Although it smelled great i wish there was a better selection

Write a ReviewReviews (2,223)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Thank you Chez Celine for making our trip to Playa so amazing. We started each day with amazing bread and pastries. The place is extremely busy and the staff polite despite being overworked. Amazing baguettes and sandwhiches and pastries and and and. Best breakfast spot you can find.

1  Thank Jonathon R
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Having been there now at least 15 times including New Year's Eve, the excellent quality and price-performance ratio remain the same, despite a few minor hiccups which immediately were resolved upon request. They even took the efforts to go and get our favorite bottle of wine within 15min, which they had run out of. Most of our visits include a bottle of wine (from 295Pes), a cheese plate and meat plate (130Pes each). Manuel and in particular Josue are very attentive and helpful, and always good for a laugh. No matter what you order anything is a delight you will enjoy sitting in a garden-like area on La Quinta. Give it a try if you've never stopped there before! You will love it! ;)

1  Thank ComfyBabe
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Found this awesome place thanks to Yelpers down here in Playa.

This place at the beginning area of fifth avenue is not very hard to find. When going inside you can smell the delicious bread and goodies behind the counter. The young man who helped me spoke perfect English and was very friendly.

I ordered a chocolate almond croissant and regular sized cappuccino for sit in. Came out to be about 80 pesos, which is pretty darn cheap. By the way, they do not take credit cards for transactions under 100 pesos, which is unfortunate for me because I try to use my card where ever I can because of free exchange rates perk on my card.

They brought the croissant and coffee out to my table and they even warmed up the pastry for me. Every bite was amazing, great stuff. Its too bad this place is very far from my hotel, because I'd definitely like to try it again.

1  Thank SDJay83
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Let me just say that I’ve sampled the most delectable and amazing pastries in both Paris and Montreal. I know what real artisanal butter should taste like. Chez Celine makes an authentic pain au chocolat with real imported butter. I bought one of their famous croissants the other day during a stroll on Quinta Avenida. When I closed my eyes, and bit into their rich and flaky pan de chocolate, I was immediately transported back to the streets of Paris. I’m known for taking lots of food pictures, but I gobbled up my croissant faster than I can get my Nikon camera out. C'était délicieux. It was delicious.