“Delicious bread and coffee”
Review of Chez Celine

Chez Celine
Ranked #1 of 41 Dessert in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Follow the smell of freshly baked bread and find our authentic French bakery on the 5th avenue! We offer typical French products like Baguette bread, croissants, pastries, sandwiches, quiches and salads. Try our specials of the night, to pare with a glass of wine: cheeses and cold meats platters, terrines, vol-au-vent and their savory & sweets crepes! Natural products, 100% homemade, high quality ingredients and lots of love...!
Kralendijk, Bonaire
“Delicious bread and coffee”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Almost every morning we bought a 'pan' (fresh baked white bread, still warm), a croissant and a coffee, to have breakfast at our apartment. Everything they have is good: integral (multigrain bread), muffins and petit fours, baguettes, cappucino etc. You can have breakfast, brunch and lunch also at Celines very nice patio: not too big not too small... Conclusion: very fresh bread, very nice people at a perfect location on the fifth avenue.

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely French Cafe in the heart of Playa del Carmen”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I loved my breakfast at Chez Celine. They even prepared sandwiches for us to take away on our last day. The croissants were lovely and so were other items from the patisserie. A must go when in Playa del Carmen.

• Visited April 2013
Broadview Heights, Ohio
“Stopping back on my next trip to Playa”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Ventured in this quaint bakery/café towards the end of my trip. I will definitely be going there more often next trip to Playa. The croissants were delicious. I had to purchase a few so I had them for breakfast or lunch the next day. The rest of the bakery looked awesome as well. Let you know more next time.
I do not drink coffee so I cannot review the flavors.

• Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful bakery”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Went looking for coffee and discovered Chez Celine on 5th Ave. It looks like a French bakery inside, the coffee is very good, the croissants delightful. I went there early so the croissants were still a little warm

Visited September 2013
“The best”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I come here each time we are in Playa. I am wondering when they will open their branch restaurant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This truly is a slice of France. The food is incredible. Yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit is such a wonderful change of pace while here. Pastries are to die for and quiche will make you sing.

Visited September 2013