“Great place for breakfast, lunch or to satisfy a sweet tooth!”
Review of Chez Celine

Chez Celine
Ranked #1 of 45 Dessert in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Description: Follow the smell of freshly baked bread and find our authentic French bakery on the 5th avenue! We offer typical French products like Baguette bread, croissants, pastries, sandwiches, quiches and salads. Try our specials of the night, to pare with a glass of wine: cheeses and cold meats platters, terrines, vol-au-vent and their savory & sweets crepes! Natural products, 100% homemade, high quality ingredients and lots of love...!
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great place for breakfast or lunch! Try the quiche carpese or quiche Lorraine for breakfast with a nice coffee option or OJ! The baguette sandwiches are always great as well as the amazing variety of pastries. They do an awesome crepe after 4 pm and try the creme brule as well. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I love the fresh bread with butter and honey. It's a nice place for breakfast right in the center of Playa del Carmen.

1  Thank BohemianRhapsody1970
Reviewed June 20, 2013

.cr3edible version of typical French boulangerie with a ll the required selections. Excelent quality, good service.Sandwiches , quiches, and pastries won't disappoint.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

A yummy French bakery that makes pastries and sandwiches. The Serrano ham on baguette with sun dried tomatoes and cheese was delicious!! The pastries that we took back to eat later were tasty, particularly the chocolate croissant. Overall, very tasty and I will definitely go back on my next trip to Playa.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I do love that I was able to find a treat at a bakery, but it was just ok. They have mousse and a chocolate cake that are gluten free. I tried the cake. It was ok, strange texture. I put it in the fridge for later and it was better cold. Firmer, but a bit too crumbly. I hear the pastries and tarts are amazing, but can't eat them so cannot comment. I've been there a few times.

RLPlaya, Owner at Chez Celine, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Eryn, we are working on offering more and more gluten free products. As of today, we have
the coconut macaroons, the chocolate cake, the chocolate mousse, the crème brulée, the carrot cake and a dark and white chocolate mousse cake that are gluten free. We don't have all of them always but feel free to ask to our manager. Kind regards, Céline (Owner and Pastry chef)