“Dinner was so so but good coffee”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Celine

Chez Celine
Ranked #1 of 41 Dessert in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Follow the smell of freshly baked bread and find our authentic French bakery on the 5th avenue! We offer typical French products like Baguette bread, croissants, pastries, sandwiches, quiches and salads. Try our specials of the night, to pare with a glass of wine: cheeses and cold meats platters, terrines, vol-au-vent and their savory & sweets crepes! Natural products, 100% homemade, high quality ingredients and lots of love...!
London, England
“Dinner was so so but good coffee”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We went for a light dinner and it was edible but not amazing. I had a mushroom crepe with béchamel sauce and I was given a mushroom crepe with no sauce! Given there were only 2 ingredients I struggle on how you forget to put them both in!

We had tea and coffee and it was better than an American chain on the same street. Lots of French patisseries which looked good but we cut our losses after the crepe and went home!

• Visited November 2012

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Minnesota
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stopped in for breakfast last week. I had to wait about ten minutes for a table- it's a popular place. I had the plain omelet for 50 pesos and a cup of americano cappucino for 26 pesos. The omelet and coffee were excellent. I'll stop again the next time I am in Playa.

• Visited November 2012
df
“Mmmm....good!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

For dinner or breakfast it is a must. Don´t miss "chocolatines" or home made croissants, superb! French dishes are good. Try the quiche lorraine

Visited October 2012
Orange Park
“Great breakfast before the ruins!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I wanted a light breakfast after all the meat eating and drinking I had been doing. I ordered the fruit plate and tea and planned on splitting a ham and cheese croissant with my friend. My friend ordered a cappuccino- the best damned cappuccino I've ever tasted!! One of the proprietors came out to ask how things were and if we had ordered any of the "sweet breads"? We said we hadn't ordered anything sweet, but would try whatever he recommended. He brought out a toasted almond croissant for each of us and OH MY GAWD!!! YUMMO!! My fruit plate was terrible- the papaya tasted like armpit, my grapes were too soft, my pineapple was a little too sour and my cantaloupe was just eh. My tea was good- some prepackaged blend. The ham and cheese croissant was too heavy for the mood I was in, but tasty. I will definitely be returning on my next trip to playa del carmen.
Btw- they were so gracious about the fruit, I wasn't going to say anything, but the waiter asked and them someone more official came out a little while later and apologized for the fruit and took it off our bill. Very hospitable!!!

• Visited October 2012
Littleton, Colorado
“Delicious breakfast!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Ate breakfast here one morning and had to return the next day for more! Fresh OJ, rich coffee, an omelette with smoked ham and cheese, breakfast potatoes and fresh bread with homemade preserves. Delicious, and only around $14 USD for 2 people.

• Visited October 2012