“Great family day out - Tulum, Cenotes, Turtles & Yal Ku”
Review of Your Private Tour

Your Private Tour
Ranked #5 of 375 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We snorkel the Caribbean and tour the Mayan Ruins, Chichen Itza, Coba and others,snorkel, Zip Line through the dense jungle over a huge centoe,canoe,cliff jump,visit a Mayan village and explore underground river system called Cenotes and much more!! We use newer vans,bi-lingual guides, new good quality sanitary equipment,exceptional quality food at a beach restaurant while providing lots of fun, new experiences and safety.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great family day out - Tulum, Cenotes, Turtles & Yal Ku”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

After a week all inclusive in Playa del Carmen we realised we needed to get out and see some of the ancient and natural history of the area, if only to walk off some of the pancakes. With two girls - 3 & 7 - we needed a tailored trip and were impressed by everything we had read about www.yourprivatetour.com...and they didn't disappoint.

Jay called us in our Hotel room when Skype proved difficult and was very flexible in arranging a day trip to Tulum, Cenotes, Akumal (to snorkel with turtles) and Yal Ku for the lagoon. It isn't cheap but the personal service, with your own guide and ability to set the pace very worthwhile.

We got to Tulum ahead of the crowds, and though it was very impressive our young girls weren't too bothered, and the heat was an issue. That is no fault of YPT, just a note for other families. We didn't take swimmers, which would have been good as beach is awesome, and more interesting to kids.

Cenotes were amazing but challenging, though our guide Hector was very helpful and patient. The turtles at Akumal were the highlight of the day, especially as we all got to see them thanks to the help of Hector using a ring to let the girls hang off and dip their masks in.

Lunch was authentic, and away from the crowds, and a great day was rounded off by snorkelling at Yal Ku, where there are plenty of fish, but nothing to match the turtles.

Hector, our guide spoke excellent english, was friendly, knowledgeable and very flexible.

I would happily recommend yourprivatetour, and suggest that you talk to Jay in person in advance to make the trip work to suit your own needs.

2 Thank Guernish

Westminster, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour company ever!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I wanted to go on private tour while on my honeymoon with my wife so that we could really experience Coba and a cenote without dealing with other tour people or a set schedule. The tour guide Karen was awesome. She spoke amazing English and even let us make a stop to get some honey products and fresh coconut water in a local Mayan Village. The minimal amount of extra cost from going on this trip versus a large tour bus tour was well worth the individualized attention we received. They brought us to Dos Ojos cenote which is probably the most amazing cenote in the area (we went to more than one on our trip). Karen and our driver Darwin were also just pleasant people to spend time with and when we were tired in the car they knew when to talk and when to let us rest. They also brought us to a lunch restaurant where we had a private table in the sand and we got to try some fresh caught fish and have the best meal of our trip. The Coba ruins are awesome and the tour company set us up with a pedicab driver and tour guide who took us through the site and told us some cool historical facts. The turtle swim was also great. We saw a ton of turtles both large and small and a sting ray. This was all around a great tour. It made me want to visit Playa again and I will certainly be using the company again. HIGHLY RECOMENDED PS they pay all the hidden fees so there are no surprises

1 Thank mjh02004
Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Good outfitter for excursions from PDC resorts.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Coba ruin, Dos Ojos snorkeling, swim with the sea turtles, lunch on the beach, safe bet for a great adventure. Create your own itinerary and do and see more with YPT!

1 Thank mjackson9548
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very friendly day trip to Coba”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a great way to see and do a variety of activities in the Coba area all in one day. Seeing the top of the world from the Coba temple was breathtaking, snorkling in the freshest water ever was delightful, seeing the sea turtles in their own environment was beautiful and a later afternoon lunch on the beach just completed the day. Our tour guide Karen was brilliant in her local knowledge, history and environmental awareness.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Angela C
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Life changing experience!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Absolutely the BEST tour company in the Riviera Maya. Located within the Playa del Carmen area.
We were greeted with the most amazing smile first thing in the morning at our home in Puerto Aventuras by Sr Jay, the owner. To be greeted by the owner of the company is not something I can say I have EVER had the pleasure of experiencing. How many people can say "the owner of the company was there to greet me"?
Our tour started with a quick snorkel refresher for our friends that have not snorkelled in many years. My husband and I have snorkelled 100's of times and NEVER has anyone asked if we needed a small refresher. Then off we go in a private vehicle to Cancun to snorkel with Whale Sharks. That is right...Whale Sharks. Boy, were we happy to have that refresher course.

The day was AMAZING!!! We had the personal pleasure to have Sr Jay be our personal tour guide with the snorkel event. Let me tell you this event was beyond words. From the moment we jumped into the water with nearly 200 whale sharks and several manatees, I personally have never been more excited and well taken care of. Sr Jay personally escorted myself hand in hand as the first experience swimming with these 44,000lb fish can be overwhelming. I quickly felt secure and safe with Jay and could not wait to get back into the water to swim again. If Sr Jay would not have been there to calm me with his gentle nature, I may not have been so brave. Let's just say, after my first swim to get to know the fish was not my last. On my second swim, it was nearly impossible to get me out of the water. Followed by the third and forth............
Thank you Sr Jay for the MOST amazing experience of my life from the moment you greeted us at our door to dropping us off with Krispy Kream Donuts in hand.
Absolutely the BEST tour company I have EVER had the pleasure to spend the day with and I have travelled the world many times!!!

2 Thank Tricia A