“***Highlight of our trip***” 5 of 5 bubbles

Your Private Tour
Ranked #3 of 360 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We snorkel the Caribbean and tour the Mayan Ruins, Chichen Itza, Coba and others,snorkel, Zip Line through the dense jungle over a huge centoe,canoe,cliff jump,visit a Mayan village and explore underground river system called Cenotes and much more!! We use newer vans,bi-lingual guides, new good quality sanitary equipment,exceptional quality food at a beach restaurant while providing lots of fun, new experiences and safety.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“***Highlight of our trip***”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I came to Playa Del Carmen for our honeymoon and are so glad we booked this tour because it was the highlight of our time is Playa Del Carmen. Jay made it a breeze to book and communicate, always with same day responses and not having to pay up made us feel at ease. Our tour guide Karen was an absolute joy to be around, I cannot say enough great things about her and think Jay is super lucky to have her as part of his staff and we could tell that he has a great relationship with his staff. Karen took us to "sink holes" to snorkel which was amazing, then we headed to snorkel with the sea turtles ( must do! ) and off to the natural aquarium which was breath taking and off to a delicious lunch :) Is it expensive? On first thought yes but when you think about getting a PERSONAL tour with amazing company that is very knowledgeable, 3 activities and lunch --- well worth it :) Thanks Jay and mostly Thank You Karen for an unforgettable day.

San Diego
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great tour and people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Everything about this company is first class! Excellent communication from the booking process to the tour. The Guide, driver, van, Coba ruins, Dos Ojos and lunch were all fantastic.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing day! Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Everyone probably wonders if these reviews are true since there are so many 5 star reviews and I have to say from my personal experience they are absolutely true!

My husband and I went on the basic tour plus Tulum ruins. Rod was our guide and we couldn’t have been happier. He was awesome not only because of his information about all kinds of things but because of his truly caring that we enjoyed our time during our tour. I was a little hesitant about snorkeling and Rod made it seem like a “walk down the beach” (which is one reason I chose this tour—reviews said they were very good about teaching the snorkeling and making sure you were OK). Loved the fact that they took us to 3 different types of places for snorkeling…I cannot describe how cool it was! I don’t think if you took bus tours there would be any way to go to as many places as we did and we spent just the right amount of time at each one. Rod took us to exactly where we need to go to see the fish and turtles. We could have been out there forever looking for the turtles without him.

They took us to Tulum before all of the masses of people get there so I got some awesome pictures without other people in them…if we had been there any later there would have been no way to get decent pictures. Plus it was hot when we were there that early in the morning—can’t imagine how hot it would be later. Jay met us at Tulum also which is really cool that he puts in that extra personal touch.

Rod also takes great underwater pictures during our snorkeling. I highly recommend the picture package. It is way worth the money.

Loved the lunch at the end…great day to end out the day!

Thank you to Rod! Thank you to our driver (sorry can’t remember his name) and thank you to Jay! I was a very memorable time!

miami beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Perfect stress-free addition to your vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

From beginning to end Jay (owner) made the excursion to Tulum, Akumel, Dos Ojos cenote, the turtle bay and freshwater lagoon easy and stress free.

I contacted both Your Private Tour and Edventures about a private tour just about a week before our arrival in Playa.
The former replied within an hour. The latter took 1.5 days. Not a long time for Edventures but long enough that I had already booked the other.

Rod was a fabulous guide. They have a driver and guide so no worries about one person trying to traverse the crazy terrain while talking!

One must leave for Tulum early. We arrived before it opened, took about an hour (tho the beach alone could have kept us there longer) to wander and by the time we left it was a zoo! I can imagine that by 10:30 it's nearly wall to wall people in there.

We went to Dos Ojos cenote after that. The clearest water. It was very cool inside and almost a bit surreal. From here we went to swim with the sea turtles and we were lucky to see a few immediately. Snapper, sting rays. From here we were taken to Half Moon Bay in Akumel for lunch at La Lunita. The food and view were fabulous. We had tortilla soup, ceviche, chicken enchiladas in mole, fish tacos, flan and coconut ice cream. Not to mention killer margaritas!

Full from lunch we went to a nearby freshwater lagoon to see many fish and laze around in the water. I know it has a name but I forget it now.

It was a perfect stress free day. No lines, no ticket buying, wristbands are there for you. No waiting, just fun!
Will definitely use this company in the future and highly recommend Your Private Tour! Jay rocks!

Visited April 2013
yucatanjay, Owner at Your Private Tour, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
we are happy to know that you had a good time and that you enjoyed the guide and food. In all fairness i must say that Edventure tours could not be a better company and they are known for being prompt to respond and their follow thru..... with that said it would have been a tragedy if we hadnt met. your history is impressive and i hope we get to meet again. thank you for everything!!!! tons of success for your beautiful pilates stuido. very cool!
East Helena, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best tour ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was the best tour we have had in Playa. We had Gil all to ourselves all day and he is very knowledgeable about the area and all of the attractions. He even called to confirm our reservations for our fishing charter the following day with another company. Jay, the owner of the company, personally met us in Tulum to make sure that we were having a good time. When we got to the cenotes, my wife was hesitant, but Gil took the time to make her comfortable and she is so thankful. This was an awesome experience for her and all of us. After the cenotes, we got to snorkle in the ocean and see sea turtles as well as a lot of other amazing fish. Lunch at La Lunita was spectacular. If you get a chance to try the coconut ice cream, definitely do it. The flan was great as well. A huge thank you to Gil for a great day in Mexico.

1 Thank Soozi E