“Skip the bus... take Your Private Tour!”
Review of Your Private Tour

Your Private Tour
Ranked #5 of 384 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We snorkel the Caribbean and tour the Mayan Ruins, Chichen Itza, Coba and others,snorkel, Zip Line through the dense jungle over a huge centoe,canoe,cliff jump,visit a Mayan village and explore underground river system called Cenotes and much more!! We use newer vans,bi-lingual guides, new good quality sanitary equipment,exceptional quality food at a beach restaurant while providing lots of fun, new experiences and safety.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The best day of our vacation! Jay, the owner, was very prompt and courteous with his emails which put me at ease and assured me I was dealing with a professional company. Don't be scammed by the locals on the beach or in town who try to take a deposit up front. We paid for our tour when we were picked up which was perfect; don't forget to tip at the end of the day. It is MUCH deserved. Roberto (the driver) and Karen our guide were awesome! Karen was very knowledgable and friendly, plus she spoke perfect English (helpful for us!). My husband and I had the whole van to ourselves so it truly was a private tour. We experienced the Coba Ruins (climbed the tall pyramid), swam in Ackumal Bay with the sea turtles (AMAZING!), had lunch at a beachside restaurant, and finished the day swimming in a serene lagoon which felt like we were in an actual aquarium. Karen was truly gracious and seemed genuinely happy that she was showing us around. She pointed out many fish, turtles and stingrays while we were snorkelling that we would have otherwise missed. Roberto the driver stopped at a roadside coconut stand for us to experience drinking fresh coconut water - so good! We also got to meet the owner, Jay, while we stopped for a coffee break in the morning which I thought was a very personal touch. He seemed sincerely pleased that we had chosen his company. There is a huge difference between Your Private Tour and the tour busses leaving from your hotel. No people shopping and it is a truly personalized experience. Do yourself a favour and spend the little bit of extra money to have a far superior time. And Karen, we will be sending down some black licorice for you!!

3  Thank Tanya M

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I did the tour to Tulum, the ceynotes, Turtle Bay and more snorkeling in a beautiful lagoon. Every activity was exciting, fun, and educational. It was the best day of our vacation! Hector was our tour guide and we really enjoyed being with him all day--he knew anything we were curious about and was fun to hang out with all day. Plus, anything we could have needed was taken care of--water, picture-taking, sunscreen, great food.... In short, it was perfect! We want to go back to the area and do more tours with Hector and Jay.

4  Thank AngieH464
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I share the views of many others who have made the right choice and booked a tour with Your Private Tour. We chose the basic tour with the visit to Dos Ojos, Akumel and to Yal Kul and then the add on to the Tulum Ruins (which was first in the day).
I was accompanied by my friend who is 69 years old and I am 42. He is a bit challenging to please and he raves about the day.
Claire was our tour guide and Miguel was our driver and I cannot begin to say enough kind words about their knowledge, professionalism, patience and gratiousness as hosts.
We were newbies to snorkeling and Claire was very patient with us providing step by step instruction and also assisting us tirelessly with our gear.
She ensured that we found a few turtles and helped us with our underwater pictures as we had brought our own cameras.
We hit the Tulum Ruins right before the extreme heat and all of the bus tours.
The lunch was very very good on a beautiful beach and I strongly recommend the fish tacos as they were outstanding!
Thanks again to everyone for an enjoyable and most memorable day.
I will not take another canned bus tour again in my life.

1  Thank tlien
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked with Your Private Tour because of all the great reviews; even though I wondered how some one gets that many excellent ratings. Now we know, they are simply the best!! Roderick was our tour guide for the trip, and talking with him made the 2 1/2 hour (one way) trip go by fast.
Julio was our Mayan guide at Chichen Itza, being Mayan, he was very knowledgeable about the history of his culture and answered our questions (we had a lot of them) with ease.
Even though this was a long drive the van was reasonably comfortable. Robert, our driver, had us at the ruins before the big tour buses and crowds.
We hope to get back to Playa del Carmen soon and will most defiantly be booking another tour with them.
Thanks Jay!!

1  Thank Debra0822
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Me & my Fiancé took your private tour on Sept 18th/12 which included Basic tour plus tulum & turtles. Wow what an amazing experience!!! I cannot say enough great things about this tour. I would recommend it to all. Hector was our tour guide & he was unbelievably knowledgeable, patient & awesome!! We had lunch at a fantastic restaurant which sorry I forget the name but the food was delish!! Overall I would give this tour an A+...it is by far one of the beautiful experiences of my life. Hats off to Jay & crew...I will def be back & will do tour again...thank you Jay & crew:)

Crystal & Steven