“Different but not for bagel lovers”
Review of Karma Bagels

Karma Bagels
Ranked #419 of 1,279 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Playa del carmen
“Different but not for bagel lovers”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

You would think that with such a name, you would encounter great bagels there, well not quite. I found it rather ordinary. However if you feel like something different and not expensive , you should give it a try for breakfast or lunch.

• Visited November 2012

Mexico DF
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Congratulations great food, furniture, ambient warm and good service and good prices. I always comeback when I come to Playa”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

A good relaxed place with the best Bagel sandwiches and salads. It was Full and the service was fast and warm. Young people, tourist and locals mostly young. They open since 8:00 am until 11:00 pm good option for any time

Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Great bagels for any time of day!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I went here a few times during my stay in playa and I can tell you I loved it. I like the nice open upper floor restaurant and the cool coloured lights. The server was friendly and treated us well regardless of being tourists. My bagel of choice was the "Pakita" bagel which is avocado, sprouts, lettuce, marinated chicken and ranch dressing on a cheese bagel. It was delicious and the price is pretty good. I paid 78 pesos for one big bagel which is around 6 bucks canadian and they're a decent size too with a nice amount of chicken. I wish we had karma bagel here in canada cause I'd go there all the time! Also the last day of my trip I went really early when they first opened and there wasn't even a server and the register and everything was still closed. I got luckey because one of the people next door translated my english and the nice chef kindly made me 2 bagels for me and my uncle for our bus ride and I just gave him 200 pesos even though he wasn't suppose to. I recommend anyone in playa to go there at least once to try the bagels. Great prices and nice atmosphere! Try the pakita bagel or the bagel with "queen" in the name.

• Visited April 2012
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“FRESH BAGELS for Breakfast! what more do you want?”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I pick up bagels once a week. They have a nice variety of bagels and you can eat there or take em home.

Visited May 2012
Timbuktu
“It was recommended to me so I went...”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

On entering this place I asked in Spanish if they made Bagels to takeaway...I was grunted with a what? and so i repeated myself in English. I was given a menu which contained a huge variety of Bagels, nearly all with cheese...so nearly none of them sounded good to me. Anyway i picked one and asked for it without cheese...the guy serving was so rude (if i were the owner of that place, I would have kicked him out ages ago) he was just plain bored and instead of being polite (as I had a 20 minute wait which i wasn't told about) he carried on doing his accounts and totally ignored me until the bagel came out and I paid and left.
I would just like to say...is it me? or is it common courtesy to show someone where they can sit to wait or tell them there are flyers and magazines to read?? No I don't think so!
Needless to say, i won't be going again.

• Visited March 2012