“Awesome!”

and up
Mayan Experience Tour: Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the real Mayaland! Small and private groups, all inclusive tours. Certified guides will provide you with info on the way to the places we visit and inside them. We always try to avoid the crowds. The perfect mix of culture, nature and adventure. Come join the experts! Also: snorkeling, zip lines, archaeology, natural reserves, airport transfers.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
San Diego, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I went on tour with my group of friends. I had excellent time. Enrique was our tour guide. He was very knowledgeable of Tulum, gave good stories. We liked him so much, we asked the participate on some of our activities w/ our group "Mi Casa Es Su Casa Holiday 2013." We snorkeled w/ the sea turtles, went zip-lining, swam in a cenote, and etc... Enrique kept us laughing, on our tour bus, sang couple songs too. He definitely know how to show a big group a good time.

I will definitely book a tour on my trip back to Playa Del Carmen next year.

Cheers,
Enrique

1 Thank Robkeepsitreal

• Indonesian first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Mayan Adventure: great time!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband Ted and I went on the Chichen Itza Tour. We had a blast.

First off, I had an easy time booking with Mayan Explorers. Gudelio is quick with email. Something that I completely appreciated.

7am, bright and early, Luis, our tour guide greeted us outside the lobby. I was a few minutes late. Oops. They had a spacious van, with a cooler for waters. Alfonso was our driver. He was pretty cool.

We saw the Mayan Temples at Chichen Itza, and Luis ran through the history and culture. We were there for about two hours. Bring insect repellant. I forgot mine.

Luis then took us to lunch at this nice Mexican food buffet. Food was delicious. The pork was tender and that salsa was spicy.

We then did the cenote. That was so refreshing. We did not want to leave! It was beautiful. If I had any criticism was that the time spent at the cenote should be longer. But I think we lost time somewhere so it may have been a fluke. Probably me taking too long to change.

We then went to Bek Elam. Amazing! Best part of the tour!

All in all, I highly recommend Mayan Explorers. We would certainly book with them again the next time we come down. They were professional, nice, and were a highlight of our vacation. Thank you Luis and Alfonso!!!

2 Thank AppleCabrera
Stevensville, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Perfect Day!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were a group of 14. Everything from beginning to end was perfect! Communication was very easy and they were willing to work with a large group! Deposit as very easy and done through paypal and with the option of CND at par. They arrived promptly and away we went. William, Enrique and our drivers were fantastic. We had two vans and each group was well looked after and entertained, we had water supplied for the very hot day and a wonderful lunch after a swim at the Cenote. We did the Mayan Experience and everything was great! The Cenote was just beautiful and so were the other sites. The temperature that day was HOT and Enrique was kind enough to keep us in the shade throughout the day. He is a man of great knowledge! William toured us in Ek Balam and added humor to the afternoon! We finighed just in time as a short rain storm had rolled in. Be prepared as there is alot of walking and activity and it is a long day, however while driving to the different sites you have time for a nice Siesta!
Great overall experience!

1 Thank Kaycountry
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Company”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Booking a tour with these guys was the highlight of our trip to Cancun. I can't say enough good things about them. We picked them because of all the great reviews and I see now why they have all of them. Alex and Alfonzo picked us up right on time with a cooler full of water. We were tho ONLY ones on the tour that day. First we went to Chichen Itza. We pulled right up front and walked right in, no lines or waiting. All of the tour groups were packed full of 20 people or more, since it was myself, my husband, and Alex, he answered every single question we had (and there were a lot). He was extremely knowledgeable and hilarious. Next they took us to lunch at a Mexican restaurant that had very authentic food that was incredible, (Great habanero salsa that was more flavorful than spicy, which to me is rare)

Then we went to Ek' Balam which was just as impressive as Chichen Itza, if not more. The place was deserted (a Wednesday, last week of September 2013). It was as if the whole ruins' site was ours to explore with our own personal tour guide. Definitely the best site seeing experience I have ever had.

Next was a swim at a Cenote (say-note-tay) which was an natural pool in a Cave!!!! Once again, words do not do it justice how beautiful this place was. They had snorkel gear for us and we had a blast. After that we went on a tour of a traditional Mayan chocolate factory and then downtown Valladolid. It was an amazing day. Alex and Alfonzo treated us like we were old friends they haven't seen in a while and we will definitely be taking another tour with them on our next trip to Cancun.

Visited September 2013
San Dimas, California
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked a tour with Mayans' Explorers for the week of October 6th and unfortunately had to cancel due to the fact that we were cancelling our trip all together, and Mayans' Explorers refunded our deposit we made immediately via PayPa, no hassle or issues!!. From the first communication I had with them when originally booking the tour, they were prompt with responses and from all the reviews we read on TA, they appear to be a top notch company. We were bummed to have to cancel our trip and excursion for now, but will definitely book with them again when we are able to return to the area.