Book In Advance
Tours from Mayans' Explorers tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Mayans' Explorers
from $129.00
More Info
All reviews cool tour mayan experience tour driver diego private tour big bus tours ek balam great tour zip lining day tour great driver small group highlight of our trip mayan village these guys sea turtles cenote swim booked this tour
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

It was a great tour with Leo. Very knowledge about all the detail of the places. It was overall a fun and relaxing one day trip for everyone!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a great day and learned a lot about the Maya civilisation. The ruins are very interesting and not to be missed while visiting this part of the world. We got to climb the second tallest pyramid structure on the peninsula and the views of the sub-tropical forest from the top are definitely worth the climb. We had a swim in a spectacular cenote. Valladolid is also worth visiting and provides a good opportunity to acquire authentic souvenirs. Our guide, Luis, was very knowledgeable and friendly and answered all our questions about the Maya history. Our driver Carlos was very helpful, also giving us a lot of information about the areas we visited. Cool water was provided in the car, as well as fresh fruit salad and cookies, which were perfect to refresh between our stops. The buffet lunch was very tasty, with plenty of choice (also vegetarian and vegan friendly). We can’t fault this day, we had a great time and made priceless memories.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked this tour online weeks before we left (3 of us), but after arriving in Cancun late Monday received an email saying our tour on Wednesday would not be going ahead and asked us if we could go on another day. Fortunately we were in Cancun for a week and were able to go on the alternate day offered.
It is an early start but well worth it because you get to all the sites before the crowds which makes it a lot more enjoyable, our tour guide and driver were both exceptional and the refreshments provided through out the day were excellent.
I would definitely recommend a small group tour if you are thinking of visiting the Ruins

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Despite there was only 2 of us on the day, the tour still went ahead so it turned out being our very own private tour for the standard price. The tour guide was very friendly and tried to answer all questions thrown at him.The driver was equally friendly and made sure the van was air conditioned at all times in between stops and had a constant supply of cold water on a very humid day. Lunch was included at a great buffet restaurant where we went up twice, all we had to pay for was soft drinks. Ek Balam was our favourite as you can walk up the ruins and get an amazing view where as Chichen Itza you could only take pictures. Lastly we went to an underground cave where you could swim in fresh water and this topped the trip off as it was so unique and refreshing on a hot day. Would definitely recommend the tour to everyone as it was great value for a 12 hour round trip.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

We came to Cancun on our honeymoon, we had been given the recommendation from two friends that had used Mayan Explorers when they were in Cancun and I have to say best decision I have ever made.

I choose to do the personal tour of chichen itza, our guide Luiz (may have spelt it wrong) was amazingly knowledgeable, knowing specific dates of when certain temples were built the significance of them and the chronological time line of when each piece of history came. He was able to answer every question I or my other half had and he made this part of the day extremely interesting.

We had Diego as our driver, he was wonderful not only a careful driver which put me at ease but also very caring, offering us lots of water, snacks and other refreshments.

We went to the cenota at chichen itza after seeing the temples which was very refreshing after walking around for two hours, Diego very kindly took videos and pictures of both me and my other half jumping in from the high ledge, which were great.

Finally we went to Ek Balam, which were more Mayan ruins but you are able to climb these to the very top once again Luiz was very knowledgeable and answered all questions that were asked. He then took us to the top of the main temple what a beautiful site.

I couldn't recommend them more if I tried.

Thanks for the trip guys.

MayansExplorers, Manager at Mayans' Explorers, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Paul, that is an awesome review. Thank you so so much! We love to hear our clientes appreciate our quality of guides, we are very careful with who we hire and we only want the best certified guides for our clients, so it's great to hear it makes a difference! Thanks again for your heartfelt recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2018

I can’t recommend this company enough. My boyfriend and I visited Cancun for a week and this was the best part of our trip. We did the Mayan Explorers tour and enjoyed it significantly more than Xcaret. Our entire experience (starting with booking the trip to doing the tour) was so simple and pleasant. They do tours every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. When we tried to book online, Friday was the only option and we were leaving Friday. I contacted them through Whatsapp (which was incredibly convenient) and they quickly worked with me to schedule a tour for Wednesday. Our driver Diego and tour guide Edwin were outstanding!! They picked us up at 6:30am in Playa del Carmen and returned home at 7:00pm. Diego made sure to always have cold water and snacks waiting for us in the van and Edwin did a wonderful job explaining the history. Diego was incredibly kind to take several pictures and videos of us with my phone while in the cenote. We literally didn’t want the trip to end. 12 hours just isn’t enough time. I asked so many questions, so I’m sure I drove Edwin crazy, but he continuously answered all my questions! Can’t wait to go back and do another tour with them.

Hi, Naira! Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are elated to hear you had an excellent experience with us and we're happy it all started with the booking process. We love clients like you who are engaged and asking questions throughout the day, honestly, all our guides appreciate people who really take an interest so I'm sure both Diego and Edwin had a great time as well. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Mayan Explorers are by far the best company to explore the temples with, we went with friends they did not rush us around the temples and took in mind I am not able to walk fast. we stopped of for something local to eat which was by far the best food we ate in Mexico. I could not rate them they are so good and well worth the money you pay. Thank you so much for your help and consideration

MayansExplorers, Manager at Mayans' Explorers, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Hi Sandra! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I'm super happy to hear you liked the pacing of our tour and that you never felt rushed, we think it's very important to allow for time to take things in, especially when getting so much information about it all at the same time. Delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and again, thank you so much for letting us know what you thought. Have a great rest of your holidays!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

We picked this company as they were one of the few that offered Chichen Itza and Ek Balam in one day from Playa. The guide was very knowledgeable and provided multiple perspectives on a lot of the history. It was an early pick up but that meant we hit all the sites before the large crowds. I managed to get pictures of Chichen Itza and the cenote with no-one in them. Since it ended up being just the two of us he took us all over Chichen Itza which was awesome. Ek Balam was a highlight, no crowds and you could explore all over the structures, they even had some amazing restored facades. Water and snacks were provided which was a nice touch as well.

I would highly recommend this company for any tour.

Thank you very much for your kind review, it's great to hear you had a great tour with us and that you enjoyed your private guide and got to explore the sites more in depth. We absolutely believe the early pick ups are worth it precisely to enjoy these places more to ourselves. Thank again and hope to see you some other time!

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I have had two excursions with Mayan Explorers on both my trips to Cancun! So happy I made the decision to do so. My family and I loved it both times around. On this excursion I was privaleged to meet Edwin our tour guide and Diego our driver. However, I met Diego on my first excursion. Edwin was an amazing tour guide. He is so knowledgeable, professional, helpful and kind!Diego as the first kind and great driver. Also very helpful! I can go on and talk about my expierence but instead I'll encourage you to book with them! You'll feel safe at all time and learn so much! Definitely an expierence I wouldn't want to pass. Thank you Edwin and Diego from los compadres and family!

Hi Diana! Thank you so much for choosing us to take you out on two adventures! It was great to talk to you and plan these itineraries together and we're delighted that you had a great time with Diego and Edwin, they're definitely great guys! Feedback like this always encourages us to keep working hard and we're very grateful for it. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

The tour guide was very nice and informational. The driver also served as a personal body guard for me and my children. I definitely recommend this company!

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your guide and driver, may I ask what was missing for a 5-star review? We are a small family run company so feeback is always helpful to improve and we hope we can always offer nothing but great experiences to our clients. Please let us know if there is anything that you felt was missing or wasn't stellar so that we may improve. Thanks again!