“Amazing adventure” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Mayan Experience Tour: Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the real Mayaland! Small and private groups, all inclusive tours. Certified guides will provide you with info on the way to the places we visit and inside them. We always try to avoid the crowds. The perfect mix of culture, nature and adventure. Come join the experts! Also: snorkeling, zip lines, archaeology, natural reserves, airport transfers.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Ottawa
“Amazing adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I did the Chichen Itza/Cenote/Ek Balam tour end of November. Diego our great driver and Juan picked us up right on time. Juan (aka Maroush) was our tour guide... and what a knowledgeable guide he was. He shared his life experiences, answered our questions and took us on an archeological/historical tour of Chichen Itza. I felt like I was taken back in time and could picture what truly went on there long long ago. The cenote is wonderful (yet a little cold, but worth the chills!) Unfortunately I didn't make it inside Ek Balam, since I was taken with a sudden bout of sickness. Thanks to Diego who lent me some of his antacid stuff and let me sleep it off in the van. And also to the dogs of Ek Balam who were there to clean up my mess... All in all it was worth the long day. I saw a part of Mexico that I wouldn't have dared explored on my own. Thank you to Mayan's explorers, who's customer service is fast friendly and reliable. I promise you I will be back, I must experience Ek Balam!

Visited November 2012

• Indonesian first
Antioch, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Chichen Itza / Ek Balam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I had such a great day with our teacher Juan; can't call him a tour guide, much more than that. Juan is an archaeologist that does that between his digs at the prymaids we had the privilege to visit. The day started with a 2+ hour ride from Riveria Maya to Chichen Itza, but it did not seem that long. During the ride Juan was sharing his own personal history, showing pictures, and answering questions. When we got to Chichen Itza what an amazing learning from Juan. Very knowledable. We were also able to view the observatory, too. Ek Balam was truly amazing; smaller than Chichen Itza but able to still climb the prymaids. We are hoping to go back to Cancun next year, and our tour will be with the Mayan Explores again. Thank you for a great day!!!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank melissa i
Essex
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“An excellent day explorering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me and my Boyfriend when on the tour on the 30th October 2012, and we had a excellent day, now the day is long but well worth, Leo was our guide and he was great, and explained everything and answered all the questions we had, the Chichen Itza was amazing and we got there before the other larger groups had arrived so we were able to take some excellent photos but the high light for us was the Ek Balam, it was so peaceful there and the fact you got to walk around it was really good, we went with a group of 8 lovely people, the food was good and to book it was easy, thank you Leo
WORTH EVERY PENNY OR CENT EITHER WAY EXCELLENT

Hollywood, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A Tour to Remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was awesome!!! We did the Mayan Experience Tour with 6 other people ( Hola Laura and Adam, Kim and Betty, and Tony and Palo!), and we had so much fun!!! Best anniversary EVER!! Gudelio and his driver Diego were just awesome. Gudelio was very entertaining on our lengthy drive to get to Chichenitza and is chock full of knowledge of mayan history.

Chichenitza was amazing and Gudelio took some great pictures for us. Ek Balum was outstanding, being able to climb the ruins and see the magnificent craftsmanship at the entrance to the temple was awe inspiring. Valladolid was very cool, we got there after dark so it was all lit up and took your breath away. Our lunch was tasty and the dancers were great. But I can't tell you much more, you just have to experience it for yourself.

If you want a professional and personal tour you can't go wrong with Mayan Explorer's. When we go back we can't wait to do the Coba tour and we wouldn't think of booking with anyone else.

Shout out to Palo!!!! Thanks so much for helping me get my obsidian statue at Chichenitza, couldn't have gotten the great price without you.

Laura I will be sending your cheetos out to the UK very soon!!!! lol!!!

2 Thank FishDoc66
Huntsville, Alabama
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Incredible Chichen Itza/Ek Balam tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Like many others, my wife and I booked the Chichen Itza/cenote/Valladolid/Ek Balam tour. We rode with two other couples, and having only 6 people in the group was vital to the quality of the tour. Having the small group also made the price higher, though. The guide and driver picked us up 10 minutes prior to our scheduled pick-up time, which allowed all of us to get on the road earlier than scheduled. Due to the low season, the crowd of vendors at Chichen Itza wasn't as large or loud. The cenote provided a refreshing break, and Ek Balam was wonderful (and empty as we got there near closing). It was a long day (picked up at 7:45am from the Hotel Zone in Cancun, returned at 8:15pm) but was well worth taking the time.