“Really good food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Carnicero - CLOSED

El Carnicero
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: El carnicero ​ The best steak house in Playa del Carmen, which offers fine fire-grilled steaks, fresh seafood and fish, chicken and Italian classics.​At “El Carnicero”, you can find competitive prices and treat yourself to delicious, angus beef prime: 100% mexican. Carefully selected and brought from the northwest of the country.Further more, every morning we wake up early to go with the fishermen and choose the best fresh fishes for you!!!​Come on in and enjoy our delicious Italian dishes and bring a taste of “El Carnicero” to your home buying directly with us the steaks of your preference... This is what makes unique at "El Carnicero"!!!!Come eat with us at "El Carnicero"!!! Sincerely,The Management and Staff
Quebec
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good food and service”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I just arrived from riviera maya with my wife and we took one day at playa del carmen where we eat at this wonderful small restaurant. The tacos and the quesedillas we took were great tasting and so is there hot (really hot) habanero pepper sauce that they offer with the meal. The guy who serve us (Hector) was very kind and we had an excellent service at this place.

We really recommend you to stop at this address if you go to playa del carmen

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jason B

Denver
“Wonderful Restaurant in the heart of 5th Ave!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We had dinner here last June while visiting Playa del Carmen. We kinda stumbled on this restaurant looking for some carne asada tacos. My daughter kept telling us it's not a vacation in Mexico unless we eat tacos! The smell in the air from the food was like a little peice of heaven! We decided to try it out, and we LOVED it! I had a Sangria and the queso. My kids shared some carne asada tacos, and they were in HEAVEN!!! I like the atmosphere of the restaurant because while you are enjoying your food you can also people watch, and catch the cool breeze. The only thing is this restaurant is kinda pricey. I found another really nice restaurant right across the street from Coco Bongo that was just as nice, but waaaay cheaper. I would reccomend this restauraunt though because it is very good!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank candicen4007
New York
“El Carnicero - Incredible Meal”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had dinner at El Carnicero in Playa Del Carmen last week. We had steak and prawns and the food was incredible. We are from New York and have eaten at Peter Lugers and other prestigous steakhouses and the restaurant was up there with the best. The prawn was also fabulous. We usually have shrimp and found the prawn they served us was much tastier. The service was also the top. He didn't have the wine I wanted so he sent another waiter out to another restaurent to get me the wine. Highly recommend this restaurant. (And the prices were great too!!)

Thank you!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Kathleen F
San Diego
“Excellent Food & Excellent Service”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Recently I took a one day trip to Playa Del Carmen with my husband and some family members. We passed El Carnicero and looked over the menu posted at the entrance and decided to take a chance. We were not disappointed. As a matter of fact we were very pleased. The restaurant is a very small restaurant on the main street, 5th Avenue, probably about ten tables. The menu had a wonderful selection of prime cuts of meat and fresh seafood that they will grill or cook it to your specifications. Prior to your meal they bring out chips, salsa and refried beans. The refried beans were to die for. I had the grilled prawns that were grilled to perfection. They were big, juicy and so sweet. Obviously from being fresh caught. They give you a garlic butter sauce to dip it in which was awesome. The rest of my family enjoyed the lobster and fresh fish, which was also grilled to perfection. Everything was so fresh tasting. Besides the food being very good and reasonably priced the staff were very welcoming and attentive. Another nice thing about this restaurant is that they are a big advocate of recycling and repurposing items they use at their establishment which I thought was admirable. They repurpose the paper menus into notepads to take down your order. They also keep the bottle caps from the soft drink and beer bottles and make key chains with their namesake out of them and give them to their customers. One of the waiters there also mentioned that they work with a company that takes their oil they use to fry the food and turns it into bio diesel fuel for cars. This restaurant is very easy to miss due to its small size and being in between a row of other dining establishments but I would highly recommend if you're ever in the area you seek them out!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Vromo
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Don't eat the beef”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Fifth St / Very expensive I ordered the Tbone (porterhouse) and recieved three small pieces of meat, that I thought was weird. I tried the first one tha was so tuff and crizzly that I could finish it. I sent the other two back, and all they could do is give me a 10% discount, so I told them I would write this revies.

• Visited March 2012