“Good and not good”
Review of Los Aguachiles

Los Aguachiles
Ranked #66 of 1,257 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Good and not good”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Good: the food, ceviche, fried fish, fish tacos
Not Good: maybe it was the day we went, but we got stale tostadas with our ceviche. We were going to let it slide because we hate complaining, but we had to get good tostadas with our ceviche in MEXICO, so we asked for new ones. We noticed our waitress getting more standoffish from there, but the other girl expediting was awesome and sweet! The shrimp cocktail almost tasted like teriyaki sauce, way sweeter than shrimp cocktails I've had...
I'd go back to give them another shot though, the ceviche was worth it!

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Norfolk, Virginia
“Local, Delicious, a Must-Eat”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Their mixed ceviche ranks as one of the bed meals I have ever had. When I asked one of the waiters at our hotel, "where would you go for fresh and delicious ceviche," he mentioned Los Aguachiles -- telling me that he and his girlfriend eat there regularly. Instantly, I knew it had to be good when a local recommends it.

All of their hot sauces were fantastic and unique -- jalepeno mango? Amazing! Their home-made guacamole blew my mind. And, the margarita on the rocks was FRESH and delicious.

If you are in Playa -- this is a must-eat. And, for the restaurant -- I hope to be back!

Brazoria, TX
“Delicious and Different”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My son, who lives in the area, brought us here. Since it is not along the "strip" I may have missed it if traveling by. We sat outside and enjoyed some live music, and some even livelier locals seated next to the musicians and having a good time. Festive atmosphere.
They have two menus, one in english and one in spanish. Even the english one has some spanish words, so you may find it helpful to confer with the waiters, who are very friendly and helpful.
I had the Aguachido en salsa negra (that's what I mean about some spanish words), which was delicious. It contained sliced cucumber, lettuce, onion, etc. with several shrimp that appeared to be cooked in the lime juice salsa. Wonderful, and a new dish for me. Cool and very tasty. The serving is generous and reasonably priced.

Dallas, Texas
“Love this place!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great service and great food! All is good and you can't go wrong. This is always on our list when we visit Playa!

Visited January 2014
Odessa, Texas
“Not a super restaurant but the food is great!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We went to aguachiles with a group of 12 people and the service and food is great. It's not a fancy place but if you appreciate good food and friendly staff this is the place to go. The grilled octopus is one of the best plates.

• Visited September 2013