“Me encanta!!! Best sea food is here ;)”
Review of Los Aguachiles

Los Aguachiles
Ranked #66 of 1,257 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Me encanta!!! Best sea food is here ;)”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I really like the menu at Agua hikes the taste is great and the different salsas they have are just so special and unique! Yes this is a must go place when you visit playa del Carmen!

Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Ko Lanta, Thailand
“Excellent atmosphere to eat creative and delicious seafood tacos.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Our group of eight came to Aguachiles for dinner yesterday. The menu is mostly a variety of soft shell tacos and tostadas, which are hard, flat taco shells. Everyone ordered different things and no one was disappointed. Highlights included smoked salmon tacos and pescado al vapor taco. You pay by the taco, 19 pesos or so per item. My favorite part was the seven different sauces to put on top!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Yummy!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have been back to this place a few times. They have 2 locations and I like the one on Calle 34 better than the other. Their portions are slightly bigger.
I have had their tostadas, tacos, and figurines. The figurines are kind of like a taco, but wrapped in lettuce instead of a tortilla. Awesome!
The prices are good and the service is good.

Visited December 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst fish tacos I have ever had”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have been a fan of Los Aquachiles at my previous visits to Mexico and was looking forward to having a few tacos for lunch at their newly opened restaurant on the corner of 5th Ave. A few days earlier I had some fish tacos there which I liked. On this occasion, the service we got was not great. The 3 tacos were brought to us were cold, so we sent them back. A minute later the plate came back, still with our extra sauces on them. The chef had put it in the microvave instead of cooking new ones. We asked for fresh ones, which when they were brought to us were of the wrong kind, rock hard and they couldn't have been cooked the same day. I have never eaten such rock hard batter on any fried food. The waiter apologised and said, that the chef had a day off. They were obviously serving fish cooked the day before. Refund was not offered and we left with empty stomachs. I cancelled our dinner plans there and I am not rushing back. Something authentic has turned into tourist trap.

Visited December 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent because of the Price, Food and Service!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I can see why many people felt this place wasn't up to their standard...and its probably because they had the wrong expectation.

That being said, this place was excellent, and what a bargain! Dishes with plenty of scallops, shrimp and more for less than $3 US. If you don't know what your ordering than you may have a bad experience. I had a local recommend it to me, from what drinks to order and also the top dishes. Our group ate till there was no more space + drinks for very little. This restaurant is in the middle of a neighborhood not in a tourist block. Your about a 5-10 min walk form the shops in Playa del Carmen.

Best things to order are the tacos and tostadas with whatever seafood of your liking. Eating here will make you see what the locals do on there time off and afterwork happy hour spots. Enjoy the variety of hot sauces they offer (my personal favorite was the Chili Oil).

I will be back!