“Excellent! :)”
Review of Mayan Bistro

Mayan Bistro
Ranked #75 of 1,333 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Escape the hustle and bustle of 5th Ave and dine with us in our beautiful gardens just a block off 5th Ave on 22nd. Our service is friendly and sincere while our cuisine is an international blend that reflects the diverse culinary backgrounds and experience of our chefs. We are sure you will love our food as much as we do!! Oh yeah we also have the biggest wine pour in all of Playa!!
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I ate at this restaurant three times over my week stay in PDC. The first time I stayed for dinner and I tried their Chicken Burritos which were flavourful and filled with tons of chicken! (Unlike most burritos you find where they try and pack them mostly full of rice) Great value here! I paired that with not one, but two of their fantastic margaritas!

On my next visit to the Mayan Bistro I tried one of their personal pizzas, which were BIG for a personal pizza and worth every peso. I tried the Mia Rosa - excellent! My sister got the Mexicana pizza which I also tried - so good! By the end of the week I was just sorry that I did not get a chance to try out more of the menu. Great staff too! Greetings to Gabby and Nicolas from snowy Toronto! Thank you for the lovely service :)

1  Thank n4t_br4t

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Going to keep it short and sweet - nice place with wonderful people working there. Worth checking out or enjoying if you stay at the Aventura Mexicana

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at the hotel Aventura Mexicana attached to this wonderful restaurant. The food is phenomenal, inexpensive, tasty and flavorful. There is something for everyone on this menu. I has an amazing time here. All of the staff are extremely respectful and attentive. They make a killer margarita and the pizza mexicana is amazing, as well as their tacos de pollo. Jorge, Nicolas, Gaby and the manager Chris are wonderful. Chris is full of energy and always puts a smile to my face. Nicolas made me cry on my last day here. I really love this place. I will come back, for sure. The restaurant is empty at certain times of the day. Sometimes it is packed, other times it is very empty. I have gone both times. Both times were perfect. I can't say enough about this wonderful restaurant. Please so check it out! I promise you, you won't regret it. I certainly don't.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Try the fish prepared with any one of the offerings from the menu and you will love it! I had the grouper in the banana leaves and it was amazing. Cooked to perfection and the seasonings and sauce were fabulous. I had the no 1 recommended Tequila Shrimp last evening (as recommended by the chef) and I could hardly contain myself between my "ummmm's"! LoL. I agree with all the other high ratings here. I have a feeling that whatever this chef prepares will be a dish to remember. There are so many restaurants in PDC that it is hard to know where to dine, but this is a gem!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The food, ambience and wine were amazing! We enjoyed a few meals here. The thin crust pizza was delicious, and the brownie yummy! Highly recommend!